Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Looks like the 3 bed semi hasn't went up in price?
    Does anyone know which houses are being released on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

The phase being released is for houses on The Close and Citywest village green. Think I got the name of the second one right?!

Anyone know where they are located? Wonder when the phase after this will go up

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

I took a cancellation just a few weeks ago and it was the only house available - its a semi detached one and all I will say is it was more than €305k........its one of the Pine house so its slightly bigger but thats about it really.

Joe townhouses aren't semi detached.
    Semi detached are from 317,500 from phase one and the same for phase 2.

305k is terraced

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cityhome85

Hey,

Any word back about open day? Is it this weekend?

cityhome85 wrote: »
    Hey,

Any word back about open day? Is it this weekend?

Yep Saturday and Sunday 2-4 and Friday if you got the email invite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cityhome85

nimmy89 wrote: »
    Yep Saturday and Sunday 2-4 and Friday if you got the email invite

Thanks Nimmy89. Don't know why I haven't received any emails.

What time do you know? 1 to 2?

2pm-4pm

Try your spam

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Is anyone going today? I couldn't make it could you please put info up here or on Facebook that you find out. Which houses are released / prices etc. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

Well, did anybody enjoy the viewings earlier?
    I passed by on my way home from work and there were quite a few people there. -)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

34 houses were released today - 3 Bed Semis & terraced.

A few bookings happened today and its supposed to be a full house tomorrow.

Booked a 3 bed semi redwood. Was there since 9 and was 3rd in the Q. Only 4 were there till the time they started taking bookings, I was surprised. Delighted we got what we wanted.

Some of the semi redwoods went up a stupid amount , 347,500k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Big variance in prices across houses. They definitely put the prices up on everything, which is a shame and not what they had been harping on about for the last few months. There was a certain element of sticker shock when we saw prices.
    • Redwoods on the Close (not at the luas line) are €347,500 which is extortion i thought, way too much. The ones on Citywest Green West are 317500 and will have a view of the Green and the mountains behind, but dont have parking on property (they are across the road, no driveways). A couple of them are a bit less, 310k, 315k.
    • The Oaks on the Close at the luas line are the only 305k houses. I must say though, being in the showhouse today, they are lovely houses, great layout, and do feel big enough!
    • Willows are dearer again, about 330k but very few of them. There is one on the Close in particular which was 350k!
    • There are also 2 Hollys, which there is no showhouse for so you're just going off plans, which are 335k.

Id say a good few of them went today. There was a fair amount looking around.

Did anyone get if the oven/microwave was included? I got conflicting answers on that; two said yes, one was a very adamant no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I wouldn't worry about it if your dropping over 300k on the house

We were told just the extractor fan.

Did you book one

liam7831 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it if your dropping over 300k on the house

Thank you for your valuable input...

@conor yes, got one today :)

xpletiv wrote: »
    @conor yes, got one today :)

Good stuff what did you get.

We're the Willow that was #2 ;)

Lol congrats.

• Advertisement

We were told just the extractor fan.

Did you book one

We were told "not even" the extractor fan in phase 1, but I think they were wrong on that as we peaked in an almost finished house and there was one there..
    Not a big deal really.

Was there any discussion on variation to the build? Extra sockets, taps, tv points etc?
    I know we received a big NO at the time we booked.

Congrats to those who booked, hopefully they're complete soon enough, February can't come soon enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

Wow, crazy to see the Redwood we purchased has gone up €30,000!! We are going to head down to the site today and have another look around, our house is 3/5's the way up!

@Spencer33 February definitely cannot come quick enough.

To those asking, extractor fan came as standard in phase 1 but microwave, oven etc did not. You are given a power city card with 15% off Belling appliances after signing contracts though. There has been ZERO wiggle room on customisation or additions.

Glad to see so much interest and can't wait to meet all our new neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

Just got back from the site.

About 22 units out of 34 were sold/booked yesterday and a few more this afternoon.

Zero room for customization or attic conversion etc - They were also setting up a CCTV at the main entrance today ( in the green area as soon as you enter).

The houses seem to be going up full speed and I can't wait for february either !

Only 5 houses left apparently. 4 terrace and 1 semi. €320 and €337.

We're going back tomorrow and may go for one of the terraces - but still not 100%!

@Spencer33 I know, I'm the same such a pity! Do you know where the TV points are in the living room in the Willow? I was considering putting the TV over the fire unit (where the large mirror is in the showhouse)?

I said a while back that these were behind the large mirror in the living room but I was wrong, I too was up there earlier on today and noticed that they are in fact to the right hand side of the fire/chimney, (based on the layout of the willow show house).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What are the main selling points of this development? Why buy here?

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Location for sure. Access to m50 and n7 really quickly, quick access to airport, quick access to town, its own luas stop, shopping centre with dunnes, lidl nearby, some schools, and of course... look at them.

details-long_0003.jpg

The show houses seem very good quality anyway and i havent seen anything about them being 'done cheap'.

Did the 350k willow sell?

Location for sure. Access to m50 and n7 really quickly, quick access to airport, quick access to town, its own luas stop, shopping centre with dunnes, lidl nearby, some schools, and of course... look at them.

details-long_0003.jpg

The show houses seem very good quality anyway and i havent seen anything about them being 'done cheap'.

Add to that the layout inside seem well thought out too,

The CCTV in and around the estate with the neighbouring campus security on patrol has to be a plus.

And they are reasonably priced compared to other nearby new builds I've been to ( which for me had significant negatives about them)

We've been house hunting a while now and we were more than happy with what we've seen so far in citywest village.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the €350k willow sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

details-long_0003.jpg

Lived in brownsbarn for 3yrs, The shopping centre is basically Dunnes they ain't anything else in there worth talking about besides a small lifestyle sports, you won't access the N7 very quickly at rush hour in evening as all nearby industrial parks empty around 4:30pm so it's gridlock in citywest, airport 30 mins in off peak traffic. Luas is good but a bummer that you have to get off and change in belgard every second luas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

liam7831 wrote:
    Lived in brownsbarn for 3yrs, The shopping centre is basically Dunnes they ain't anything else in there worth talking about besides a small lifestyle sports, you won't access the N7 very quickly at rush hour in evening as all nearby industrial parks empty around 4:30pm so it's gridlock in citywest, airport 30 mins in off peak traffic. Luas is good but a bummer that you have to get off and change in belgard every second luas

Lifestyle is long gone now

Advertisement