Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

liam7831 wrote: »
    Lived in brownsbarn for 3yrs, The shopping centre is basically Dunnes they ain't anything else in there worth talking about besides a small lifestyle sports, you won't access the N7 very quickly at rush hour in evening as all nearby industrial parks empty around 4:30pm so it's gridlock in citywest, airport 30 mins in off peak traffic. Luas is good but a bummer that you have to get off and change in belgard every second luas

Well there's a post office, a newsagent, a pharmacy, an off licence, a barbers as well, then there's the fast food outlets too, along with plenty more, I wouldn't want or need more than that five minutes walk from my home.

For me and (probably for most))I'd be accessing the n7 in the morning and coming home at that gridlock hour you speak of. Against the flow, no problem.

The bummer you speak of with the Luas is exactly same bummer people not heading to citywest, surely it's a positive having a Luas stop on the doorstep.!

Myshirt asked, what are the selling points? and why buy here?

Would anybody like to add to the list of positives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Spencer33 wrote: »
    Well there's a post office, a newsagent, a pharmacy, an off licence, a barbers as well, then there's the fast food outlets too, along with plenty more, I wouldn't want or need more than that five minutes walk from my home.

For me and (probably for most))I'd be accessing the n7 in the morning and coming home at that gridlock hour you speak of. Against the flow, no problem.

The bummer you speak of with the Luas is exactly same bummer people not heading to citywest, surely it's a positive having a Luas stop on the doorstep.!

Myshirt asked, what are the selling points? and why buy here?

Would anybody like to add to the list of positives?
    It's called balance , sorry for taking the jam out of your doughnut.
    Positives I would say are KFC, McDonald's, Eddie Rockets & boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Insomnia. The streat. Dominoes. Chopped. Gym, Butchers. Florist.
    Just a few there weren't posted i see as positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Two nice restaurants in Saggart only few mins away one is called The Anvil and the other is an Italian

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Anyone know measurements in the willow? The size of bed that would fit in the master bedroom? What size TV would fit over the fire in the living room?

• Advertisement

Anyone know measurements in the willow? The size of bed that would fit in the master bedroom? What size TV would fit over the fire in the living room?

The bed in the show house is king size,

I noted yesterday that the tv points in the sales office which is also a willow are not above the fire but are in the alcove to the side

Thanks Spencer33.

Such a pity that's where the points are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

Yeah, the TV point to the side of the left of the fire is a bit of a bummer but I've been toying with the idea of having a mirror above it (much like the shophouse) and having the TV on an adjustable bracket on the window side of the fire as the whole downstairs is open plan and will be viewable from the kitchen, may affect the size TV available though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cityfinal

Just driving around waiting on the show houses to open Beautiful area

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

We put our holding deposit down on a Holly from Phase 1 today, it's built and just about ready to go. Absolutely delighted to have grabbed it - and it seems better value too. Just hope everything goes to plan now!

The Willow for 350 wasn't sold when we were leaving today - think it's still available!

• Advertisement

Congratulations Nimmy89! Was there any other cancellations from phase 1 available?

Congratulations Nimmy89! Was there any other cancellations from phase 1 available?

No only 4 more redwoods from this phase. We weren't told it was phase 1 just questioned it when we saw it was built!

Another positive - a new gym going into Citywest Shopping Centre :)

Fit4Less

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/gym-studio-plans-for-citywest-shopping-centre

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

For those who have bought, have you looked through any of the planning permission documents available on the South Dublin County Council website? (Ref: SD15A/0127)

Is there anything that concerns you there? A look at the site layout plan gives you an idea of just how big this development will be. I would like to understand why the management fee's are low, and how easily they could be increased. When the apartment blocks are built will that have a big impact?

By the way I have booked a house so I am not looking to take a negative view of the development. I am sure many of us have booking deposits down and will be signing contracts soon, and if you are like me still have a couple of concerns at the back of your mind; such as the potential increases in the management fee's over the years, its proximity to troublesome areas, closeness (too?) to the Luas, etc.

Thanks for any input

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuddy2014

kazzer wrote: »
    For those who have bought, have you looked through any of the planning permission documents available on the South Dublin County Council website? (Ref: SD15A/0127)

Is there anything that concerns you there? A look at the site layout plan gives you an idea of just how big this development will be. I would like to understand why the management fee's are low, and how easily they could be increased. When the apartment blocks are built will that have a big impact?

By the way I have booked a house so I am not looking to take a negative view of the development. I am sure many of us have booking deposits down and will be signing contracts soon, and if you are like me still have a couple of concerns at the back of your mind; such as the potential increases in the management fee's over the years, its proximity to troublesome areas, closeness (too?) to the Luas, etc.

Thanks for any input

I questioned why the management fee was so low compared to other local developments and was told it's because Davey Hickey also owns the business park so most of the cost is absorbed by the big companies

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

Am I right in saying that the fees are €192 a year or something? What does this exactly cover anyway? Up keep of the roads, cutting of the grass in the common areas and the security?

Hi Joe, that is my understanding too. 190 something per year for security and upkeep of the area.

I would just hope that the house owners would not be burdened with a big increase in fee's when the management company has to take charge of the apartment blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nnjfs

Hi All,
    Since the development is across both sides of Luas line, there will be a interconnect between both sides for traffic/people to flow through. Does anyone know if this will be a pedestrian crossing or a road with traffic lights? If it is a road for vehicles, would this cause issues with public vehicles who may use this as a main road to beat traffic at citywest junction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Glazers Out!

God, makes you think alright. We've been rethinking the area after seeing houses in Newcastle and other new developments. I do love these houses but just nervous about the area. I've lived down the road for a short period of time and swore I'd never go back :/ If we could move those houses to a different area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

nimmy89 wrote: »
    God, makes you think alright. We've been rethinking the area after seeing houses in Newcastle and other new developments. I do love these houses but just nervous about the area. I've lived down the road for a short period of time and swore I'd never go back :/ If we could move those houses to a different area!

Could you tell me which other developments, are they priced similar

nullzero wrote: »

A gangland murder is hardly a reflection of the day to day activity in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

A gangland murder is hardly a reflection of the day to day activity in the area.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/children-watch-horrific-meat-cleaver-attack-on-city-street-29907538.html

http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/southside/articles/2016/07/20/4123625-judge-praises-good-police-work/

http://m.herald.ie/news/courts/ill-get-your-address-and-see-you-later-man-told-security-guard-35823966.html

/news/crime-and-law/courts/youth-faces-circuit-court-trial-over-traumatising-dublin-burglary-1.2115555?mode=amp

news/courts/luas-customer-randomly-attacked-by-thugs-who-pushed-him-onto-tracks-and-kicked-him-says-hes-afraid-while-walking-in-public-court-hears-34422943.html

ireland/peacemaker-spared-jail-time-for-having-slash-hook-during-fight-408508.html

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hit-and-run-victim-lived-for-his-family-funeral-told-1.3056782?mode=amp

news/courts/man-who-suffers-from-schizophrenia-faces-prison-sentence-for-slashing-the-face-of-an-innocent-boy-31416191.html

Glazers Out!

go on nullzero, tell us all where we should live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Agreed but you can't deny the fact that Citywest is bordered by some horrendous areas..

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Agreed but you can't deny the fact that Citywest is bordered by some horrendous areas..

I don't understand the negative messages here - nobody is forced to live or buy a house in Citywest Village. People who have bought there have made their decisions and they are happy with it. Surely you can understand when people are trying to take away from such a big and positive experience in their lives. I just don't get the stance and reasons behind Nullzero's messages.

I don't understand the negative messages here - nobody is forced to live or buy a house in Citywest Village. People who have bought there have made their decisions and they are happy with it. Surely you can understand when people are trying to take away from such a big and positive experience in their lives. I just don't get the stance and reasons behind Nullzero's messages.

I think it's called trolling...

Anyway, does anyone know is dominos pizza open in the shopping centre ?

I think it's called trolling...

Anyway, does anyone know is dominos pizza open in the shopping centre ?

Yep this is open - but be careful if you get jalapenos as they are spicy!! Very dangerous!!

• Advertisement

Very dangerous!!

Bit like these horrendous areas nearby we keep hearing about lol :)

Advertisement