Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cityfinal

xpletiv wrote: »
    How are they looking? I havent been back up since we bought, im hoping that they start flying up those houses around the Close :)

I wonder did that 350k willow sell? Seemed like a mad price for it, it was 'detached' but had no privacy at all from the looks of the map!
    I did not go near the agents just wondered around looking as she who must be obeyed wanted to do, they are flying up

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Has anyone had any luck having any minor changes done by the builders, such as extra power points, tiling etc? I'm under the impression no changes at all will be permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

Spencer33 wrote: »
    Very good, we should all attend-at the same time,
    Safety in numbers and all that.

I will be there though, measuring tape and camera in hand. Would love a decent set of plans mind.

Just to let you know that I got a set of plans and dimensions from Sherry Fitz this morning (no showhouse for my type house - Holly). You should ask them if you want the plans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Claire K

Hi All,

Just wondering how long on average its taken for your new build to be complete once deposit is put down ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AJC83

HI Claire , we put our deposit down in April for Phase one and expect to move in this December. That said, there is different lead times for properties within each phase. I think the Phase 2 ones sold in Sept will have move in dates of March or April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Hi Claire, I put my deposit down in June (for Phase 1) but was told mine will be ready in Feb / March next year.

It depends on the house/phase. We got a phase 1 cancellation, only put our deposit down two weeks ago and was told today house would be ready for snagging in 2-3 weeks.

Not actually ideal for us, we would have preferred a house that was ready a bit later. Scary but exciting!!

nimmy89 wrote: »
    It depends on the house/phase. We got a phase 1 cancellation, only put our deposit down two weeks ago and was told today house would be ready for snagging in 2-3 weeks.

Not actually ideal for us, we would have preferred a house that was ready a bit later. Scary but exciting!!

That was very quick Nimmy, the time seems to be dragging for us! Can i ask where in CW Village you bought? We are in The Way, an end of Terrace Redwood!

AJC83 wrote: »
    That was very quick Nimmy, the time seems to be dragging for us! Can i ask where in CW Village you bought? We are in The Way, an end of Terrace Redwood!

VERY quick. We're not prepared to be honest. A bit scary but sure it'll be grand! Just worried about interiors etc as we hadn't actually expected to be until next year! Anyone want to swap? hahaha

We bought on Citywest Village Avenue. As far as I know it was a cancellation as we only reserved it at the last launch. But a good deal as Phase 1 prices and seems to be a bigger house/garden etc. No show houses for it though which is again a bit scary but have plans and dimensions etc to go off.

We were originally going for end of terrace Redwood too! When do you expect to be in?

nimmy89 wrote: »
    AJC83 wrote: »

VERY quick. We're not prepared to be honest. A bit scary but sure it'll be grand! Just worried about interiors etc as we hadn't actually expected to be until next year! Anyone want to swap? hahaha

We bought on Citywest Village Avenue. As far as I know it was a cancellation as we only reserved it at the last launch. But a good deal as Phase 1 prices and seems to be a bigger house/garden etc. No show houses for it though which is again a bit scary but have plans and dimensions etc to go off.

We were originally going for end of terrace Redwood too! When do you expect to be in?
    We are expecting December, if we are in before Christmas I would be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Claire K

Thanks all just want to get an idea as while we will probably have a deposit to put down in next phase we would need a bit of lead time to save for furnishings, so if its roughly 6 Months that would be perfect

@Claire, the last 2 phases seemed to be about 8/9 months after launch.
    Although they could get quicker?
    Some people got cancellations therefore they will be in quicker than expected.

@AJC83, The houses on The Way seem like they are nearly done? Were you originally told December or an earlier date? If the good weather keeps up without rain, that looks very much likely for you! Fingers Crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chitramasamy

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017: Will they provide GAS line for GAS stove in Kitchen? Did any one ask about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Nope, not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 5 City West Village

Just wondering if anyone that has moved in has already done their snag list and how long it took to move in after this. I have been given a date this can be done but want to know if I will be in before xmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Its
    No info, but they are constructing fast (compared to the ones in Cuil Duin). I passed the site everyday on the luas, looks lovely - spacious red brick houses, easy commute. Not sure about the community though.
    Its a great shame they are only one story though. Cuil Duin is two. Two or three makes so much more sense.

@CityWestVillage what date have you been given to do snags?

The week of the 13/11/17

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

@City West Village
    Did you manage to move in yet? I have been given a date for snag, the week of 4th Dec.

Do you know when should I ask bank to get the fund ready?

• Advertisement

My snag date was actually pushed back until the fourth also which means we have to re-apply for our mortgage as it has pushed us beyond twelve months. I contacted the bank with snag dates etc but am waiting to hear what the next step is. I will keep you informed once the bank get back to me

My snag date was actually pushed back until the fourth also which means we have to re-apply for our mortgage as it has pushed us beyond twelve months. I contacted the bank with snag dates etc but am waiting to hear what the next step is. I will keep you informed once the bank get back to me

Maybe it's too late to reply this.

I was in similar situation like you, my mortgage legal pack is expiring. So I had to contact my mortgage adviser (bank not broker), she told me, a new application will be required if the head office think it is necessary as my legal pack is expiring. So in other word, if your legal pack is still having a valid date for you, you don't need to re-apply the mortgage (Bank just care the expire date on your legal pack not the approval in principle once they issued you the full mortgage)

She advised me:
    1. Preparing for a new application and let the relevant parties know in case of delay on closing just in case (worst scenario).
    2. Starting to arrange all the paper works for draw down and do request the draw down before expire date.
    3. Sending a notes to head office stating my situation and seeking for an extension on the legal pack.

If your legal pack expire date is close to the snag, definitely looking for an extension or draw down the funds before it is expire since new application will causing more time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnluu

Howdy guys and girls

Just have a quick question about attic conversion is there many people interested in getting the attic done in these houses, if so I see on boards about people thinking we could request it as a group from a builder and Hopely get a discount on it as there will be a few of use. Had anyone find out how much it cost for attic conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnluu

Hi yeah I can seem to get the message to show here on board that someone email that it not possible to get attic done. I purchase a redwood semi-detach house and kinda asked a builder about it and they said it can be done but they need to change the roof design and get a engineer to apprOve the structural design of the new roof instead of the thrust roof

When are the next batch of people moving in / snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

March/April or something like that

My one is May... Snags are for July.

Anyone who is live there already can tell me how is it with internet connection ? Mean what providers are in place? Presume eir but I'm not interested to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doylen296

Hi All, I have set up a Facebook page and sent a request to the Citywest Village Residents page a couple of weeks ago but have still not been accepted - is anyone an Admin on there?

joker@ wrote: »
    March/April or something like that

My one is May... Snags are for July.

Anyone who is live there already can tell me how is it with internet connection ? Mean what providers are in place? Presume eir but I'm not interested to deal with them.

You will have both in place, Virgin Media and eir.

I saw people coming to do the snag this week for the houses facing the N81/N82 road. And fences have been taken down to allow access to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Lidl Citywest was destroyed moments ago by looters

http://www.thejournal.ie/lidl-dublin-looted-3882869-Mar2018/

This is the sad reality that people living in this area have to live with.

Advertisement