Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

@MacRaph, I don't think one has been set up just yet - I have just searched and couldn't find one
    Have you purchased one of the homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hello_Buddy

Hi All,

I have created a new facebook group "Citywest Village Residents" and whoever bought the house in the first phase in Citywest Village, can join this group and we can use this group for sharing the information and collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Anyone heard anything for a date/price on next phase?

Also starting to worry a bit more about security; apparently the CW luas stop is a hotbed for crime, drugs, pickpocketing.... have we any ideas or assurances on security for the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

@XPLETIV Just curious where did you hear about the luas stop area being a hotbed for crime? I have driven up there a good few evenings and nights to see the progress on the houses and it seems really quiet around there - hoping it stays that way.

No idea on the new prices etc - Sherry Fitz is your best bet there.

Sherry not been any use so far really, not particularly helpful for months now. No update on dates, time, anything...

I hear this from other locals in the area. Theres a lot of feedback I have seen on other forums, other facebook groups, and word of mouth that 'east of the shopping centre' is a no go, and that the luas stop is a central part of easy-in, easy-out for crime.

• Advertisement

Oh really? Well hopefully with the houses being so close to that stop now that it will act as a deterrent for that kinda stuff - only time will tell I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuddy2014

We moved in at the end of July and love it! We have not experienced any problems. So far It's been very quiet. Security are excellent too. Very reassuring to see them patrolling right through the night

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

Spuddy2014 - Hello there future neighbor :)

Since you're the only one who knows what the moving in process is like - were you able to get some flexibility on small stuff like fridge space, tap in the rear garden etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuddy2014

Spuddy2014 - Hello there future neighbor :)

Since you're the only one who knows what the moving in process is like - were you able to get some flexibility on small stuff like fridge space, tap in the rear garden etc.

Thanks

Hi CitywestMan,

No, we didn't really have many requests but there was no flexibility

• Registered Users Posts: 9 terri83

xpletiv wrote: »
    Sherry not been any use so far really, not particularly helpful for months now. No update on dates, time, anything...

I hear this from other locals in the area. Theres a lot of feedback I have seen on other forums, other facebook groups, and word of mouth that 'east of the shopping centre' is a no go, and that the luas stop is a central part of easy-in, easy-out for crime.

Hi Xpletiv,

I'm a local (from Tallaght) and buying in Citywest (Cuil Duin) and that Luas stop at Cutywest Village is very quiet as its used mainly by workers - Cheeverstown can be dodgy at times but I'm currently using this stop and rarely see any trouble... I wouldn't let that particuilar feedback impact your decision on buying.... TBH I would be more concerned with the noise of the Luas rather than the anti social behaviour...

• Advertisement

Hi @Spuddy2014, glad to hear you are getting on well in your new home. Just wondering, how many houses have moved in? Also do you know when the next open day is? Just wondering did Sherry Fitz mention it you guys as your are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi @Spuddy2014, glad to hear you are getting on well in your new home. Just wondering, how many houses have moved in? Also do you know when the next open day is? Just wondering did Sherry Fitz mention it you guys as your are in there.

Houses are viewing the weekend.

@conormc1984, this weekend? There is nothing online?

@conormc1984, this weekend? There is nothing online?

Signs around the development have changed to say viewing Saturday and Sunday. Email going out this evening to those that have registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

I had an email from Sherry Fitz recently advising that the new phase was due to be released soon but no date or prices yet.

Where did you hear that the viewings were this weekend?

I will email now to confirm - would be surprised if this was the case though!

Why be surprised, I am telling you it's this weekend. And the signs have changed.

Sorry there must have been an overlap in our posts - only saw that you posted re signs after I posted!

Look forward to receiving their email this evening - can't wait to see the properties!!!

What price we expecting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

I'll definitely be there Saturday morning! I anyway had to go and discuss my options for attic conversion.

Has anyone contacted Sherry Fitz to actually see if the show houses are open this weekend

• Advertisement

Has anyone contacted Sherry Fitz to actually see if the show houses are open this weekend

I have. Awaiting response

Yes, I think it's a misunderstanding - I don't think Phase 2 will be released for a couple of weeks and that's when the showhouses will be open

Yes, I think it's a misunderstanding - I don't think Phase 2 will be released for a couple of weeks and that's when the showhouses will be open

Well you will be wrong come this evening.

Thanks Conormc1984, you seem to have more info than the girl I spoke to on the phone this afternoon! Looking forward to the weekend now :)

Thanks Conormc1984, you seem to have more info than the girl I spoke to on the phone this afternoon! Looking forward to the weekend now :)

Same here, hopefully get the house we want now. Townhouses seem to be gone up 10k

Who were you speaking to New Home Help? I have been dealing with Jackie in Sherry and I couldn't praise her high enough, maybe ask for her when you call.

Hi Cormac, what are the townhouses? Is there pricing for the new phase? I got lucky and got a cancellation in the 1st phase but I would love to see if there was any price change (I think I paid phase 2 prices).

Townhouses are the terraced houses. They were 295k in phase 1 and now appear to be 305k.

How much did you pay

I took a cancellation just a few weeks ago and it was the only house available - its a semi detached one and all I will say is it was more than €305k........its one of the Pine house so its slightly bigger but thats about it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Premier!

Semi d's now 317,500 is that what they were in phase 1? Looks like just releasing Oak and Redwood type houses

Advertisement