Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'll stick with the orange fulfil the odd time. They are lovely

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

bluewolf wrote: »

Them yokes are unreal.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bladespin wrote: »
    But a 'protein' Starbar - the stuff of dreams!

I can't help but think they've messed with a winning formula to get protein in it.

bluewolf wrote: »

I've had a couple and the only one I'd have again - because it tastes like a nice bar in and of itself - is hazelnut whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've had a couple and the only one I'd have again - because it tastes like a nice bar in and of itself - is hazelnut whip.

The Hazelnut whip is the best by a mile imo. Ferrero-rocher-esque
    Really annoys me that they just pump them full of collagen to get the protein content up though :(

Tried one of these a while back and they are lovely - nicer than Reese's imo as they are less sweet and peanut butter is the biggest ingredient in them
    https://www.nutrynuts.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Mmmmm...hazelnut flavoured collagen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Hazelnut one is good but the salted caramel is king imo.

Mmmmm...hazelnut flavoured collagen

Not to mention the glowing skin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

A new all time Irish record for a raw (with wraps) powerlifting total .. Jesse Moran managed a 900kg total at 103kg body weight .. 541 Wilks ... he takes Nero’s long standing record.

That was at IPO nationals in limerick on Saturday .. 340kg squat .. 210kg bench and 350 deadlift !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

whippet wrote: »
    A new all time Irish record for a raw (with wraps) powerlifting total .. Jesse Moran managed a 900kg total at 103kg body weight .. 541 Wilks ... he takes Nero’s long standing record.

That was at IPO nationals in limerick on Saturday .. 340kg squat .. 200kg bench and 350 deadlift !

210kg bench :)

Was there supporting a couple of friends. The 340kg squat in particular was insane, looked like he was going to fail 3 or 4 times but kept powering through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I’ve just changed that !! Maths wouldn’t be great .. the squat was a pure grind and phenomenal lift !

Squat was a serious battle.

Beltless deadlift an' all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Could so with a random fitness questions thread like there is over in the running forum, you know, for all the non thread worthy questions. Whaddayasay

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Could so with a random fitness questions thread like there is over in the running forum, you know, for all the non thread worthy questions. Whaddayasay

Yeah maybe. This thread is a bit like that as well though as well as a bit of a miscellany of titbits.

Yeah maybe. This thread is a bit like that as well though as well as a bit of a miscellany of titbits.

I'll start one up and sure if it dies it dies, mods delete away if you dont like it, after you answer my stupid questions

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'll start one up and sure if it dies it dies, mods delete away if you dont like it, after you answer my stupid questions

An on topic thread would be nice :)

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This thread is pretty much a general fitness thread. Very little off topic posts. Which is fine.

hmmm okay i already started it, sure if no one uses it ill just post in here from now on. When a chat is going on in here about some comp etc you don't really feel like interrupting it with some random question

Gym today first exercise was pistols with a light kettkebell.
    Right leg was fine, maybe a little harder that last week, but haven't been sleeping well so kinda expected it. The left is a bit weaker generally. First two left reps tough. Third rep, my weight shifted to the side, so it was more over my base foot - but coming out of the bottom my knee clicked.
    Bailed to my ass immediately, but knew instantly something was fucked[/quote]. Tried to get up and couldn't straighten my knee fully. FML.

A physio beside the gym, so they got somebody to check it out. Knee is stable and no pain to touch. So they said it's intact, just an impingement.

But I'm not convinced. At all. I'm absolutely certain the meniscus is shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mellor wrote: »
    Gym today first exercise was pistols with a light kettkebell.
    Right leg was fine, maybe a little harder that last week, but haven't been sleeping well so kinda expected it. The left is a bit weaker generally. First two left reps tough. Third rep, my weight shifted to the side, so it was more over my base foot - but coming out of the bottom my knee clicked.
    Bailed to my ass immediately, but knew instantly something was fucked. Tried to get up and couldn't straighten my knee fully. FML.

A physio beside the gym, so they got somebody to check it out. Knee is stable and no pain to touch. So they said it's intact, just an impingement.

But I'm not convinced. At all. I'm absolutely certain the meniscus is shredded.

Dose sorry to hear that

I'm half afraid to do pistols because my knee keeps coming inward when I do them and I'm convinced I'll eventually do something like this

If it's not swollen then maybe look to get a scan on it?

• Advertisement

Never considered it a risk tbh. Knee line is usually good. If I fail, I fall back.
    But think if just a bit run down, and weak. So when weight shifted, it grinded the knee.
    That knee hasn't felt right lately if I'm honest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an existing being tear that was just finished off today.

Ironically, I was doing pistols to keep it strong and stable. MRI on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Today is the last day that Raw Gym in town is open :eek:

Doesn't seem like that long ago I was on here talking about how excited I was about it opening up! Was their first staff member back in 2008 and worked there for ten years so a part of me is sad to see it close its doors for good.

A truly unique gym back in the day before the youtubers kind of ruined the buzz :rolleyes:

COH wrote: »

Doesn't seem like that long ago I was on here talking about how excited I was about it opening up! Was their first staff member back in 2008 and worked there for ten years so a part of me is sad to see it close its doors for good.

A truly unique gym back in the day before the youtubers kind of ruined the buzz :rolleyes:

Closing completely or moving?

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    Closing completely or moving?

They are opening another one in Donnybrook sometime in May and Sandyford remains. I was referring specifically to the city center/original location.

I'll miss the craic with the non-wànkers that trained there.

First went there 5/6 years ago and one of my earliest memories was feeling like I'd be out of place being weak and was doing rows (probably sets of 5) with 40kg, the lad beside me who was busy squatting 200kg for as many reps offered me his chalk if I needed it. Which was really sound.

I think I trained when the youtubers had left yo go edit their videos so i was oblivious to that but I'll miss the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Probably the most enjoyable training sessions of my life happened in Pinnacle and Raw.

I wonder why they are closing it rather than expanding - I can't see people switching to the new location that readily especially as it's a premium type gym so a different product. I imagine they could have kept them both (along with Sandyford) going.

I wonder why they are closing it rather than expanding - I can't see people switching to the new location that readily especially as it's a premium type gym so a different product. I imagine they could have kept them both (along with Sandyford) going.

Zoning probably. All the commercial units around it are closed and boarded up as well.

The entire block is under a redevelopment order

• Advertisement

Big property development company called Clancourt (well, a comany owned by Clancourt) have a planning application in to develop the area into a fairly big office block (~35,000 m2).

Advertisement