Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

splats in smyths 60€

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyblaeus

I am surprised Splatoon 2 isn't up on Argos website yet

Cramps in my hands playing handheld mode already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After preordering it yesterday for a fiver I went back into GS to pick it up just now, trading in LCU, and I got a bonus meaning it only ended up costing me 18.99 instead of the expected 25, with the trade, so not too bad tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Instore in Argos the game is €62.99, expensive enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Still no Argos listing? How odd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Instore in Argos the game is €62.99, expensive enough.

Yeah they are great to discount day 1 PS4 and XBO titles but not Nintendo :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Big jump in price from the original on Wii U. That was £25 on TheGameCollection. £23 with a £2 off special offer for purchases over £20. I remember it didn't even come to €30 with delivery. Good times! :p

Trying to pair 8bitdo to switch not having any look, the right thumb position on the switch joycons is horrible

sligeach wrote: »
    Big jump in price from the original on Wii U. That was £25 on TheGameCollection. £23 with a £2 off special offer for purchases over £20. I remember it didn't even come to €30 with delivery. Good times! :p

Was that the launch price for the game on WiiU?

The current local "premium" pricing is really no different to the pricing on equivalent PS4/XB1 titles.
    And, keep in mind the exchange rates at the time.

According to Pricespy the typical price for Splatoon at release was £40, which is the equivalent of €55 or so, with a 2015 exchange rate of 1.399.
    Splatoon 2 on release is, on Amazon, £49, with the current exchange rate of 1.1172 (thanks Brexit!) bringing the local Euro price to €54.

Yes, the online bargains seem to have abandoned Splatoon 2 at the bar, but the typical Amazon price at least has held pretty steady, suggesting that the GBP price differential from 2015 to 2017 on the game Vs it's sequel is entirely down to the exchange rate changes.

So, no problem then.
    At all.

Probably should buy a Switch now, be invested in the opinions you express.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Trying to pair 8bitdo to switch not having any look, the right thumb position on the switch joycons is horrible

I'll try to remember what I ended up doing, but it's a big improvement.
    I think I posted it on this forum somewhere.....

edit: Here it is!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103718229&postcount=1733

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Splatoon 1 was a budget release in Europe at €40 I remember. Understandable as it was a risky new IP so a cheaper price to get people interested was a great move it seems.

Splatoon 2 being €60 wouldn't bother me too much anyway, the game is huge now and I'd imagine the dev budget is much higher this time around as well.

Was that the launch price for the game on WiiU?

The current local "premium" pricing is really no different to the pricing on equivalent PS4/XB1 titles.
    And, keep in mind the exchange rates at the time.

According to Pricespy the typical price for Splatoon at release was £40, which is the equivalent of €55 or so, with a 2015 exchange rate of 1.399.
    Splatoon 2 on release is, on Amazon, £49, with the current exchange rate of 1.1172 (thanks Brexit!) bringing the local Euro price to €54.

Yes, the online bargains seem to have abandoned Splatoon 2 at the bar, but the typical Amazon price at least has held pretty steady, suggesting that the GBP price differential from 2015 to 2017 on the game Vs it's sequel is entirely down to the exchange rate changes.

So, no problem then.
    At all.

Probably should buy a Switch now, be invested in the opinions you express.

It was priced at £25 from what I remember. Gameseek as well as Thegamecollection sold it for £25 too. Even Nintendo's own digital price was £31.49* if you'd downloaded the Splatoon Global Testfire. And you know what Nintendo are like with their online prices.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/May/Splatoon-needs-you-for-important-squid-research-free-game-demo-available-only-on-May-9th-on-Wii-U--1007414.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/31x0d2/if_you_live_in_the_uk_you_can_preorder_splatoon/

Whatever way you cut it, the sequel is way more expensive. Actually double the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Salmon run is so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Mayo v Ketchup for the first EU splatfest in August. Two poor choices I think.

I can tolerate a small bit if mayonnaise but ketchup is nasty stuff, so team mayo for me I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say you're in the minority! Ketchup has always been very popular, and mayo is even more popular on the continent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Picked it up on eBay for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Man this is a fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

wtlltw wrote: »
    Picked it up on eBay for €40

Already!?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Never played the original.
    Do most people use the motion controls? Can't get the hang of them at all. Makes me dizzy. I'm not doing much better with the standard controls either though, barely managed to splat anyone - maybe I am just dreadful at aiming/this game...

• Advertisement

Whatever way you cut it, the sequel is way more expensive. Actually double the price.

No it's not.
    You are deliberately quoting discount sites rather than more mainstream stores online.
    When like is compared with like the game hasn't increased in price at all.

Do most people use the motion controls? Can't get the hang of them at all. Makes me dizzy. I'm not doing much better with the standard controls either though, barely managed to splat anyone - maybe I am just dreadful at aiming/this game...

I don't like them all, but the game is much better with regular controls.
    I suppose just stick with it, or trade it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Ah I was wondering can you switch them off. I'm all over the place with them as well. Think I'll stick it out for another bit and see if I get used to them.

Anyone get a screen protector? Botched mine up already putting the switch in backwards into the dock. Scrunched up the bottom of the protector. Could be worse I suppose, could've scratch the screen so I suppose the protector did it's job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mayo v Ketchup for the first EU splatfest in August. Two poor choices I think.

I can tolerate a small bit if mayonnaise but ketchup is nasty stuff, so team mayo for me I guess!

Mayo for Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

No mayo for sligeach anyways.

Splatoon is one of the best ninty games ever. endless fun, this new one is gonna need some getting used to, I never used motion controls and ive made it to s rank. the jpycons are very sensitive, I hope i can change the button layout on the 8bitdo..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Anybody up for organising a Boards room over the weekend? Test out the voice chat?

No it's not.
    You are deliberately quoting discount sites rather than more mainstream stores online.
    When like is compared with like the game hasn't increased in price at all.

Sorry but you're completely wrong. They're online retailers like anybody else and like anybody else they have to make money, they didn't sell it at a loss. What do you want me to do, compare rip-off Gamestop's price for Splatoon to Gamestop's rip-off price for Splatoon 2? The game was available for less than €30 delivered and that's all that matters.

And just by Nintendo's own digital price, Splatoon 2 is £50. Whereas the original on Wii U was £35 or £31.50 really as anybody interested in the game had the Global Testfire downloaded. That alone is a €20 difference. And digital has always been more expensive than retail, for reasons you and I both know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Sorry but you're completely wrong. They're online retailers like anybody else and like anybody else they have to make money, they didn't sell it at a loss. What do you want me to do, compare rip-off Gamestop's price for Splatoon to Gamestop's rip-off price for Splatoon 2? The game was available for less than €30 delivered and that's all that matters.

And just by Nintendo's own digital price, Splatoon 2 is £50. Whereas the original on Wii U was £35 or £31.50 really as anybody interested in the game had the Global Testfire downloaded. That alone is a €20 difference. And digital has always been more expensive than retail, for reasons you and I both know why.

Bear in mind that the wii u splatoon was also put out half finished with only 4 stages and promised expansion. That was why it was cheaper when it launched

• Advertisement

Bear in mind that the wii u splatoon was also put out half finished with only 4 stages and promised expansion. That was why it was cheaper when it launched

A lot of its content was on the disc, but Nintendo unlocked it slowly.

Advertisement