Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least the splatfest is on at a good time Saturday, 5pm til 9 isn't too bad.

Where'd you see those times? I can just see American times

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where'd you see those times? I can just see American times

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Splatoon-2-Splatfest-World-Premiere-announced-during-the-Splatoon-2-Direct--1242147.html
    Breaking news! The Splatoon 2 Direct just announced the Splatoon 2: Splatfest World Premiere, a free demo event that will take place on July 15th between 17:00 BST and 21:00 BST, a whole week before launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yep, the demo is up for download already. All online is free until sometime next year.

Yep, the demo is up for download already. All online is free until sometime next year.

I tried the demo, just lets you play the tutorial??

• Advertisement

No idea, I haven't downloaded it yet. Splatfest isn't live until Saturday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I tried the demo, just lets you play the tutorial??

Yes, its just a tutorial and you can walk around the plaza and vote for which side you want to be on for the splatfest, after that theres noting to do, i wish they would have had at least a firing range to test out the weapons in the meantime :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ice Cream all the way, you cake losers, just clear a path!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ice Cream all the way, you cake losers, just clear a path!

Cake it is so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cake it is so :pac:

COfO-FxWoAEgCjs.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Am I missing something or where can I find the tutorial in the plaza?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Am I missing something or where can I find the tutorial in the plaza?

It should start once you load the game the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Splatoon 2 - The World is your playground! (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEMKpui2krI

forgot you could do this, access the 3 different splatfests for each time zone for more time with splatoon 2 on saturday. Saturday is gonna be a marathon!

Splatoon 2 Splatfests

#1 – Europe
    Splatoon 2 Splatfest 1 EU NA

Theme: Ice Cream vs Cake
    Takes place on July 15th, from 6PM to 10PM (CEST) / 5PM to 9PM (UK)

#1 – North America
    Splatoon 2 Splatfest 1 EU NA

Theme: Ice Cream vs Cake
    Takes place on July 15th, from 6PM to 10PM (EDT) / 3PM to 7PM (PDT)

#1 – Japan
    Splatoon 2 Splatfest 1 JP

Theme: Pop vs Rock
    Takes place on July 15th (5PM to 9PM)

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/splatoon-2-need-know-splatfests-schedule-results-etc/

So in our time, it means japans one is at 8am - 12 pm, europe is on 5- 9 pm and then we can hope on to the american one from 10pm - 2am.

im not sure if my conversion is right about the japanese time window (9+ hours i think), but im looking forward to the european and american ones anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

More importantly, it's Ice Cream and Pop, as if there was any question.

Anyone hop on this morning? What did ye main, i tried the charger this time, need to perfect the motion controls tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

The new motion controls are a nightmare.

safetyboy wrote: »

Did you adjust them in the settings? I tried the same sensitivy as splat1 and seemed near enough, tying to center tge new pro controler on a flat surface is a nuisance tho.

• Advertisement

Just registered and ready to go. Team Ice Cream

Getting mostly ice cream vs ice cream matches :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

All the matches I've played were cake v ice cream. I really need to work on my motion control skillz.

Like the recon option to play the maps by yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

safetyboy wrote: »

Not loving the new controls either. When using motion controls you can't use the right stick to look up or down its very awkward I must say. And what happened the mini squid game while looking for battles!

Anyone else have trouble getting to the other end of the maps. It's there only one route. Any time I try I'm cut off by unclimbable surfaces

Anybody up for a team battle? We dont have to voice chat just plain old you and yer switch.

Anybody up for a team battle? We dont have to voice chat just plain old you and yer switch.

Tried to join you before you asked but it just said you can't join that friend. I'll try again. Is voice chat working?

iamtony wrote: »
    Tried to join you before you asked but it just said you can't join that friend. I'll try again. Is voice chat working?

Ive no idea, i think we need to make a room or something, if we gots 4 people were good to go

• Advertisement

Ive no idea, i think we need to make a room or something, if we gots 4 people were good to go

I'm waiting in a room see can you join me now

Advertisement