Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Don't know if it's because I'm team ice cream and your not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

iamtony wrote: »
    Don't know if it's because I'm team ice cream and your not?

Im ic too ill join u now

I think we need 2 more ice creams :/

Im ic too ill join u now

Think your right we need 4. Bit stupid. There has to be another way!

If another 2 boardsies are willing to join us ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Safe to say Team Ice Cream has this won

If another 2 boardsies are willing to join us ?

I'm gone now. I did have 4 friends playing(all from boards I think) but I couldn't invite them to join or anything. Hopefully it's just the demo.
    Have to say I'm not going to buy it unless there's a lot more on offer that I haven't seen. It's basically the same game as the first with bad controls and no mini game while waiting in lobbies.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Safe to say Team Ice Cream has this won

Yeah I was having battles with ice cream vs ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't have too much trouble with the controls myself. It would be very difficult to use the right stick to control along with motion because of the camera resetting due to the motion default point. You need to be turning quick as well and the stick like that would be counter intuitive imo. You see lots of different sensitivity settings from people who play it so it's really just finding the sweet spot in them. I can see why it might be tricky though of course. I think that's one thing these demos are a little short for, constant play would fine tune those sort of things.

If anyone wants to team up for the merica splatfest leme know im game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I gave up on motion controls pretty quick. Having never played the original I can't really compare the 2. It's enjoyable but I'm not sure I'll get it day one now. Will wait a week and see how it reviews and performs.

Corholio wrote: »
    Don't have too much trouble with the controls myself. It would be very difficult to use the right stick to control along with motion because of the camera resetting due to the motion default point. You need to be turning quick as well and the stick like that would be counter intuitive imo. You see lots of different sensitivity settings from people who play it so it's really just finding the sweet spot in them. I can see why it might be tricky though of course. I think that's one thing these demos are a little short for, constant play would fine tune those sort of things.
    maybe it's just me going from playing a lot of part 1 that is making it difficult. I really like being able to fine tune aiming using motion controls, so much so that I can't play without them anymore.
    Fine tuning is what they are great at but if another player is above or below you, you need to point the whole damn console up or down and it makes you move from your comfort spot on the chair which is why I didn't like motion before. Pressing y to recenter doesn't work in those situations either. All I want to do is use the r stick to point up or down and left/right and then fine tune with motion, it worked on Wii U and they shouldn't if messed with it.

I gave up on motion controls pretty quick. Having never played the original I can't really compare the 2. It's enjoyable but I'm not sure I'll get it day one now. Will wait a week and see how it reviews and performs.
    If you never had the original I'd buy it straight away it's a great game. I would say try stick with motion if you can, once you get used to it, it's hard to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

played 4/5 matches yesterday, had never played it before. Think I'll be giving it a miss, just didnt do anything for me, also I rarely play online so its just not aimed at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Everything Splatoon 2 related on Symths is listed as out of stock - the game, green/pink joy cons, green/pink pro controller and the Splatoon carrier case - is this really that big?

Splatoon 2 suprise for rage quitters

people "raging quitting" during online games is a common problem these days, and developers are being forced to come up with ways of punishing such sore losers to ensure it doesn't impact the enjoyment of others.
    Splatoon 2 is no exception; if you decide to leave a match by putting your Switch into sleep mode or turning it off entirely, you'll see a warning message the next time to enter the game:

https://twitter.com/hypwnotic/status/886273207837356032

Given that experience points are dished out even when you're on the losing side, there's no genuine reason to quit a match in Splatoon 2 unless you're being particularly grumpy.
    This system might cause issues if you're in a location with spotty wireless, though - if your signal keeps dropping and kicking you off, you could be banned from the game for a short time. For that reason, the warning also states that you should check your WiFi before entering another match.
    What do you make of this system? Let us know with a comment.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/splatoon_2_has_a_nasty_surprise_in_store_for_rage_quitters

Hope yer wifi is decent for yer switch, mine can disconnect sometimes but its usually good. id say it just for constant DC's tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Was in smyths there to pre order but they have it taken off the system, i was told to come in early friday morning.

Any price point for physical copies in stores yet?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any price point for physical copies in stores yet?

When it was on smyths it was 60.

I think i might go digital for splatoon 2 as splatoon hardly left my wiiu , anyone know what time new releases go live in the eshop, is it 12am on friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't read reviews yet but looks like getting decent scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Reviews are coming in!
    Splatoon 2 is just about everything you could ask for from a sequel. It builds on everything the original set up and then some; almost every single major issue people had with the first game has been resolved, showing that Nintendo is genuinely listening and wants to deliver the absolute best experience possible. It maintains the freshness you’d expect and throws in countless big and small changes and additions, every one of them for the better. Anyone who says Nintendo can’t do online should be eating their words right now; Splatoon 2 is simply inkredible and continues Nintendo's trailblazing first year of Switch stunners.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/splatoon_2

Y'all need to come stay a while; swim with the locals; become familiar with the brands, weapons, rites, and rituals that make this kaleidoscopic world turn. If you're willing to do that, then I think you'll find that Splatoon 2 offers a competitive and cooperative escape unlike any game you've ever played. It's a chromatic, multicolored masterpiece, and a sensory rush worth indulging in.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/18/splatoon-2-nintendo-switch-review-more-than-a-refresh/

There is so much here to enjoy and with the promise of additional content and support and regular events to play online, this is something that you are going to be playing for some time. I’ve been playing my Switch non-stop since March, but I’ve probably played this more in the last week than I’ve played anything else.

I have not been able to put it down, except to recharge the Switch’s battery. It’s so simple, but so effective, and simply dripping with that Nintendo charm. Essential for all Switch owners, shooter fans and people that just love to have fun. It’s got your multiplayer needs covered.

http://switchplayer.net/2017/07/18/splatoon-2-review/

Splatoon 2 retains a fun factor that holds tight even after many hours of action, only this time is loaded with content from the start. And the waves of new updates on the horizon will ensure a bloated player base for months to come.

http://www.cheatcc.com/switch/rev/splatoon2review2.html

Splatoon 2 recaptures every moment of enjoyment of the original while finding room to add even more. Whether it’s the challenging single player or the revitalized multiplayer, Splatoon 2 does a phenomenal job at making itself more than a minor upgrade. Those who never got the chance to play Splatoon will absolutely want to pick the second up to see just how impressive Nintendo’s ink-tastic multiplayer shooter really is. Whether a kid or a squid, Splatoon 2 is an incredibly enjoyable title that will hopefully continue to ink its way through more titles for years to come.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/splatoon-2-review/

Splatoon 2 is just an easy game to like. It’s bright, cheery, and employs endless tricks in a constant quest to make you smile. It shouldn’t be cool — this is from Nintendo which, as much as we love it, is about as “cool” as a magician at a kid’s birthday party. It also stars anthropomorphic squids who say things like, “Don’t get cooked, stay off the hook.”

But Splatoon 2 is cool (at least as cool as a 30-year-old gaming journalist like me is allowed to deem it). It never feels insincere or pandering. Even though it’s a sequel that carries over a lot from the original, it still feels fresh.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/07/18/review-splatoon-2/265355/

Even with its odd design decisions, I have no doubt that Splatoon 2 will win newcomers and veterans over. There are still a few things I’m weary of (mainly, the soon-to-be-released Online App), but Nintendo has managed to fine tune and polish the formula that won us over all those two years ago. And don’t let the “shooter” label dismay you; while there’s a definite focus on traditional gunplay, Splatoon 2’s unique take on ‘painting’ is better than ever, and it should be sampled by every Switch owner out there.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/18/splatoon-2-review-still-fresh-on-the-switch/

DESPITE SOME ONLINE STUMBLES, SPLATOON 2 IS PRETTY FRESH
    What the first Splatoon did well is still built into the sequel’s barnacle-encrusted DNA, and now it’s on a system that you can stuff in your bag or play on the couch. It’s baffling that Splatoon 2’s best feature is held back by a frustrating lack of proper online support, and in many ways, it’s the same game with some new tricks. But there are still enough imaginative additions for anyone who played the first game to death, especially via its strange, captivating supporting cast. It may be much more of the same, but the same is still pretty fresh.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/18/15989698/splatoon-2-review

If you're the type of person who tried Splatoon for a little while and gave up, Nintendo hasn't done a whole lot to change your mind outside of adding a horde mode. But with more concessions for higher-level play and a deeper meta, veterans will be jumping ship from Wii U to Switch in an instant. Here's hoping that Splatoon 2 gets even more long-term support and Salmon Run is free of the shackles of a "once in a while" event for those of you who don't have multiple Switches at your disposal.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-splatoon-2-447595.phtml

There’s no question about it: Splatoon 2 is better than the first game. But it could have been one of the best games of the year. Ignoring the justified complaints aimed at the first game has cost Splatoon 2 a chance at being one of the best multiplayer experiences available anywhere. At first, you’ll love it, and while the gameplay will always satisfy, the wrappings will slowly gnaw at you, and playing a map five times on the trot will make you take a break. I love Splatoon 2 and will be playing it for a long time, but it’s not the home run it could have been.

http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/splatoon-2-review/

Through focusing the best elements of the original game and adding meaningful new content, Splatoon 2 is a good follow-up to Nintendo's popular shooter. With an great competitive multiplayer suite, a fun take on the wave-based survival formula, and an imaginative single-player mode, Splatoon 2 is an excellent evolution.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/splatoon_2/b/switch/archive/2017/07/18/splatoon-2-game-informer-review.aspx

Under the right circumstances, Splatoon 2 is absolutely amazing. As long as you’re online rocking Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, those circumstances are way right. Salmon Run is brilliant, but only being able to play it at specific times is downright awful, and the local form of it requires a wealth of systems and games to work optimally. Still, even with those woeful limitations, Splatoon 2 is the best online game on Switch and with more updates coming down the road, could stay that way for a very long time. This might not be quite as fresh as it was in 2015, but it is certainly, as Marina and Pearl say, “off the hook.”

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/45009/splatoon-2-switch-review

Splatoon 2 could’ve done more to differentiate itself from its predecessor, but ultimately what we’re left with is an upgrade over the original in almost every way. Sure, returning players might be underwhelmed with the familiarity, but anyone jumping into Splatoon for the first time will be blown away. Another Switch essential, especially for those multiplayer fans – let’s just hope Nintendo’s smartphone app works as elegantly…

http://wccftech.com/review/splatoon-2-funky-fresh-or-stale-squid/

Reviews are coming in!

sweet, all mostly positive reviews, roll on friday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Still out of stock in Smyths, no sign on the argos site, and i'm not paying €70 in gamestop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »
    Still out of stock in Smyths, no sign on the argos site, and i'm not paying €70 in gamestop

I've Lego City to trade but nowhere to trade it, what's Smyth's like for trade ins?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've Lego City to trade but nowhere to trade it, what's Smyth's like for trade ins?

Update
    Seems that GameStop have a deal on and they'll give me €40 on trade for LCU, which is a tenner more than I paid.
    It also should mean that Splatoon will cost me €25 and I'll get some preorder goodies... whatever they are..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

The known disadvantage of ordering from Amazon, the wait. Which could be up to several weeks based on their current form. Tempted to see if I can grab a copy locally tomorrow.

Try argos maybe, im not sure if they have it up yet but they are usually good on release day if smyths are sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Its €65 in Gamestop :pac: and it'll be in stock in Symths tomorrow morning.

Advertisement