Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh FFS. So all I was doing was trying a bit early. FML :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

Do any of yous play salmon run and would like to form a crew?

Tired of being f'd by random team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am using the Carbon Paint Roller (with sprint speed up), I'm torn between making a beeline to the middle to give my fellow squids a "path" so to speak, or painting the spawn.... cause No-One seems to Paint the F**king spawn :mad:

Also, I got a Ethernet to USB adaptor and hooked the Switch up to that to my 3 way TP-Link, so it's working 7x better now (speed wise) and no disconnects

Also, thank you, I have the re-spawn jump to teammates working now..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How does the single player measure up to the first game? Haven't bought 2 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Payday tomorrow so I'm going to pick it up. I'm guessing Argos is the cheapest place to buy it in store?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How does the single player measure up to the first game? Haven't bought 2 yet.

Good levels, lame final boss. It's about 20% as good as the original I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Its a nightmare buy the switch version..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

FYI, you can scrub your Splatfest Tshirt of abilities for only 2k rather than the usual 25k coins from now until the splatfest is over. Good way to build up a stock of ability chunks.

The small thing that annoys me about this game is the number of AFKers or disconnects that happen during a match. For one match there was someone standing there twirling on the spawn point. Difficult to compete when you're down a team mate. A disadvantage bonus to the 3 player team would be good, or not losing the bonus off your weapons would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This weekends Splatfest will have people spraying the corresponding condiment colour. It's ketchup vs. mayonnaise.
    uk8yxsn9hpdz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Could be awkward for couples who crew together.
    "Look, he's fully exposed - Hey handsome, spray your mayonnaise all over the wall so I can roll in it and then splat that ketchup lover with my squelchie!"
    "OK but then promise we can go home and play splatoon. This leather is too tight and you know these parties creep me out."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Thought the splatfest was starting this morning for some reason. Looking forward to a team Mayo victory over the weekend.

8eKDNEX.gif
    this gif has freaked me out for years

Urgh, salmon run is bad this evening. Lots of wipes.

Sarn wrote: »
    Urgh, salmon run is bad this evening. Lots of wipes.

You'd think not with the amazing weapons we get today.

Thankfully it picked up towards the end. The difference a coordinated team makes is amazing (also getting lucky with the bosses that spawn helps!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I don't know if it's me or what it is.

But splatoon 2 I find extremely boring ?. I never played the 1st one

Started it this morning for the 1st time And played for about 2 hours and went meh is this what the hype was all about ?. Its very slow and boring :/.

So going to trade it into CEX for 45 euros basically what I paid for it just very disappointed with it. As I was like I rather be playing pokemon on the 3DS.

Managed 4 games total so far during the splatfest thanks to Nintendo's sh*theap online service. Nothing but connection errors. Good stuff.

Only two disconnects here and I played for a few hours.

I wish they'd show how much ink your teammates got during the matches. At least that way I wouldn't feel so bad if we only had three on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does anyone know what the Callie and Marie amiibos do?

Finding this game a lot of fun to be honest. The salmon run especially. Just wish the shout command shortcut was a little more extensive

Mayo 2 - 1 Ketchup.

In order to reunite all factions I think I need a hot dog or burger with lots of mayo, ketchup and mustard. Condiments unite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Not sure two criteria of victory is a good judge of an overall winner, especially when you can have such lopsided team popularity, and the problems with connectivity and finding matches against the other team.
    If they still want to have three points on offer, make the third point be a comparison of those Top 100 power lists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Summer gear coming to splatoon this weekend in japan, maybe on to Europe/US
    DG2ze_uU0AATp-R.jpg

Items like these will pop up in the game from 11th to 16th August, so they shouldn't be far away.
    As mentioned above this sort of promotion is normally global, so we'll keep an eye out for confirmation it's coming to the West.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/splatoon_2_is_getting_a_special_range_of_summer_outfits_starting_this_weekend

fixxxer wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Callie and Marie amiibos do?

Before I finished the single player they left me a note saying they were away.
    Haven't really scanned them since beating the game. Or I don't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

fixxxer wrote: »
    I prefer the Krac-On Roller to be honest :D

The brella looked cool but findin it difficult to get kills, gonna go back to me charger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickolakis

Should we create a FB group or something for all of us who play Splatoon 2 in Ireland so we can plan events, group games, and other stuff? What do you all think? It should be fun if we all met somewhere and have 8 player matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Nickolakis wrote: »
    Should we create a FB group or something for all of us who play Splatoon 2 in Ireland so we can plan events, group games, and other stuff? What do you all think? It should be fun if we all met somewhere and have 8 player matches.

This is what we were trying to do on Meetup but feck all people came :-(

https://www.meetup.com/Nintendo-Switch-Dublin-Meetup/events/242031772/

I'd be willing to give it another go!

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickolakis

madmoe wrote: »
    This is what we were trying to do on Meetup but feck all people came :-(

I'd be willing to give it another go!

Mark

Cool cool, I RSVPed for the event. I still think that it would be good to have a FB group for us Switch users and especially for Splatoon. I want to play some League Battles now but I don't have a group so it would be great to have a place to chat and plan online games.

Splatfest 1st- 2nd sept

original.jpg

• Advertisement

Flight for me. Invisibility is almost always used for nefarious purposes. It's for perverts and thieves!

Advertisement