Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There is this thing called a mute button. That would be the best solution. But Nintendo are forever worried about the children. Some day they'll catch up with the 21st century.(23:59, 31st December 2099)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

You say that but like Blizzard are super uppity about communications in HoTS, and we all see what communication boils down to in CoD, or PUBG. Rocket League goes down the chat wheel route but with the option to type or speak too, typing and voice is generally only used by assholes to berate people, and yea the chat wheel is used for like passive aggressive nonsense but it's far less of an issue than some prick on voice or chat calling everyone a [insert whatever you want here].

As much as I love my Nintendo my 'main' games have always been online PC games; Dota, WoW, CS and more recently RL, Overwatch, PUBG, HoTS. And I don't know anyone who thinks that overall that way communication is bastardised by the 'communities' of each game is a positive thing, they are almost all pure toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Any word on another Test Fire event? Last one was March right (correct me if I'm wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So one thing I don't understand about the Splatoon Research lab is (Splatoon Campaign spoilers)
    since it's revealed this is set in the distant future, how do they research it? Time windows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

so no invinciblity specials in this game they said in the tournement yesteday, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Will Splatoon 2 have local multiplayer?
    Sickened I could never play with/against my missus in the 1st game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sounds like Salmon Run in Splatoon is tough as nails. The difficulty can be changed by percentage, and even on 5%, poses a challenge. The Nintendo E3 themselves could only get to 40%.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/splatoon_2/b/switch/archive/2017/06/13/salmon-run-is-surprisingly-difficult.aspx

Salmon run on the stream now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmXUsVWlDA

Confirmed to be 1080p 60fps docked.

Great news.

• Advertisement

Single player mode being showed off now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJABBMAqZsU

new TV trailer for splatoon 2

Only a few weeks to go now, pumped! would love to play salmon run with a few boardsies or even an 4 v 4 if it could be arranged.

so from the direct today theres a pre release splatfest happening on saturday the 15th, the week before the game is launched Sweet! the download is out tomorrow for it.

Here is todays direct:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm looking forward to this even more after watching that. Lots of options to play with. Just have to wait for Amazon to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

That umbrella looks awesome.

Curse you Nintendo, I cant afford a Switch right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that splatfest is from 11pm to 3AM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Might even buy a pro controller for this, I noticed the motion controllers are a lot sharper this time round, I cant play with them. I've over 1000 hours on the original splatoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm looking forward to trying it with the 8bitdo, so far I'm loving the controller, and I'm not a fan of motion controls at all.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to trying it with the 8bitdo, so far I'm loving the controller, and I'm not a fan of motion controls at all.

which 8bit do did you get, I think i'll get one too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »
    which 8bit do did you get, I think i'll get one too.

I got the FC30 Pro, which is very nice, though it lacks motion controls and any force feedback of any kind.
    It's battery wouldn't be as stellar as the likes of the Pro Controllers from Nintendo either, but it's still fine, just remember to charge it.

41m3kCE3GaL.jpg

• Advertisement

Wow that looks slick, where do ya get them from? I'm getting one today.

Wow that looks slick, where do ya get them from? I'm getting one today.

Amazon link

Also available in NES colours too!
    Free-Shipping-NES30-PRO-Wireless-Bluetooth-Controller-Dual-Classic-Joystick-joypad-gamepad-8Bitdo-NES30-for-iOS.jpg
    further adventures of Link!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it may be worth holding out for the update of that controller

http://gizmodo.com/this-snes-style-nintendo-switch-controller-is-designed-1795858424

qnsjlghilm6cs5efix3j.jpg

Amazon wont deliver to parcel motel or addresspal ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Amazon definitely deliver to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Since when? I always get delivered to them. In fact, Amazon sent me a mail asking me to make sure that my PMID was correct so I would get the delivery!

It's possible that it's a 3rd party seller than won't ship to a PO box address.

When's this out??

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When's this out??

21st July

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

At least the splatfest is on at a good time Saturday, 5pm til 9 isn't too bad.

• Advertisement

Advertisement