Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Frodouk

Mr E wrote: »
    Going to grab it for 45 on the SA store later this week after I get paid. That was a good find. :)

What is the SA store?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Frodouk wrote: »
    What is the SA store?

The South African eShop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

I never played Splatoon but this is really good fun. It's nice to be able to drop in for a few matches, get some xp and coin and come back later. The motion controls, thankfully, have clicked so I'm not a total shambles.

Salmon run offers a nice diversion with co-op. Makes a change being united against a common foe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I never put the time into motion controls in the original, kept to the sticks and didn't feel like I was missing out. But after playing a few rounds this evening, and getting absolutely hammered over and over again, I'm thinking maybe I should invest some time getting used to fine aiming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I played Salmon Run for 3 hours solid last night. Absolutely love the mode.

Overall, love this game, but I do feel it is too frantic to be played in the handheld or tabletop modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'ts pretty hectic alright a lot harder to see whats going on than the previous version, think it will be a few weeks before the ranks settle in as all the s+ rankers are down with b and a rankers at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I played Salmon Run for 3 hours solid last night. Absolutely love the mode.

Overall, love this game, but I do feel it is too frantic to be played in the handheld or tabletop modes.

ha i was the same last night, went between turf, ranked and mostly salmon run, i was thinking to myself last night that i would probably would buy a standalone game like salmon run if there weres something like it. Its a pity that its a timed event tho, some days its not available to play at all.

New weapon and splatfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Team mayo all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Very fun good game but as others have mentioned I'm have connection issues too.

What do I need for voice chat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

ShaneU wrote: »
    Very fun good game but as others have mentioned I'm have connection issues too.

What do I need for voice chat?

Nintendo to completely redo the current voice chat into something far far less stupid!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The Splatfest can be anything it wants to be, but whatever Marina wants, Marina gets.

Pearl can be all for world peace and Marina could be for tourturing kittens and I'd be on team Marina.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Game became more or less unplayable cause of the Switchs WiFi connectivity. Horses**t

Also, really disapointed in the lack of Local Mulitplayer on 1 system via split screen. For a system marketed as for playing with friends, and to come with 2 controllers, it's a huge oversight. We even brought the Pro Controller. So if the game had split screen, even if the Joy-Cons were not sufficient, we'd have 2 "proper" controllers

Also, really disapointed in the lack of Local Mulitplayer on 1 system via split screen. For a system marketed as for playing with friends, and to come with 2 controllers, it's a huge oversight. We even brought the Pro Controller. So if the game had split screen, even if the Joy-Cons were not sufficient, we'd have 2 "proper" controllers

Totally agree. Having a few friends over soon for some multi player gaming. Will probably show them Splatoon 2 just so they see what it's like but that's it. Seems like a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's the verdict? Never played the first one but had a good bit of fun with the test Splat. Is there enough content here to warrant the full price?

So what's the verdict? Never played the first one but had a good bit of fun with the test Splat. Is there enough content here to warrant the full price?

It's a great game and if you're playing online it's easily worth the asking price, not so much if you are single player only.

Just be aware there are some absolutely backwards design decisions in regards to multiplayer that may piss you off.

Great game you can dip in and out of. Multiplayer is great fun. Salmon run is cool too when it's available.
    Having not played the original, it's easy to pick up and get hang of relatively quickly.

Special 3rd stage to be thrown in with the regular stages for the splatfest: Twilight Zone

DGDTYF9UMAAznsr.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/twilight_zone_stage_to_give_splatoon_2_a_new_twist_during_upcoming_splatfest

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got it for about €44.90 on the South African shop last night. Big saving over the other digital versions or boxed versions. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Got it for about €44.90 on the South African shop last night. Big saving over the other digital versions or boxed versions. :)

do you need a 4th account for this btw? i.e america, EU, Jap and now SA? wouldnt mind checkin out for a cheap cave story +

do you need a 4th account for this btw? i.e america, EU, Jap and now SA? wouldnt mind checkin out for a cheap cave story +

Nope, South Africa is treated as a PAL region so just change your country to South Africa on myNintendo, buy the game and download then change region back to Ireland again on myNintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What about balances in Euro / Rand when you switch back and forth?

I pay the exact amount by card in PAL regions so there is no balance left over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My young fella is playing Cave Story + these days and loving it, I default to him as the superior gamer in our house these days :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My young fella is playing Cave Story + these days and loving it, I default to him as the superior gamer in our house these days :(

Have never played cave story before, really wanted the 3ds physical version but couldn't get one at a decent price. Hopefully ill enjoy it as much as cidona lad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

Really enjoying the game so far, it's incredibly addictive. Off The Hook however is incredibly annoying.. Do we really need such a long cutscene to inform us of the current stages?

Please tell me there's a way to turn it off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the physical of the 3DS as well, it's a nice thing to own tbh.

Can someone explain like I'm an idiot how to actually respawn ANYWHERE that isn't the respawn point.... I just don't get it.

I press X when I die, I press one of the directions a guy who is alive is and I press A..... and 90% of the time... nada

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Can someone explain like I'm an idiot how to actually respawn ANYWHERE that isn't the respawn point.... I just don't get it.

I press X when I die, I press one of the directions a guy who is alive is and I press A..... and 90% of the time... nada

You can't actually respawn anywhere but the spawn point, but after you've spawned, you can open the map and select a teammate to jump to their position on the map. So you're doing it right, you just have to wait til you spawn before you can jump to a teammate.

Advertisement