Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

€60 in Smyths.

Not a fan of the dualies. Think I'll go back to the Splattershot next time

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First time playing it last night and really enjoyed it. Hope there's plenty of unlockables in the full game to keep interest there.

7pm tonight is the next one right?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

How do I turn off motion control aiming anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

There should really be an option to change weapons or settings while waiting for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

You need to go out of matchmaking, at weapon selection hit + and you can change the control settings.

Relatively long waits to get enough players to start a map and then half the team disconnects, but that's the nature of a beta. Got a much better feel for it this evening. A bit more practice needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Sarn wrote: »
    You need to go out of matchmaking, at weapon selection hit + and you can change the control settings.

Relatively long waits to get enough players to start a map and then half the team disconnects, but that's the nature of a beta. Got a much better feel for it this evening. A bit more practice needed!

Perfect thanks! So much more fun now I can actually control my character!

So many times I've been highest scoring in the match yet team still loses due to disconnects or just low scorers. But I guess we are all there at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kinda crap the way you can't see what class other people are picking so you could end up with a totally unbalanced team. Was it this way in the Wii U version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Really enjoyed it last night! Is it just me or did the graphics get a bit of a downgrade (when docked)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Was able to enjoy it this evening at a Meetup in town (thanks Neil) and now have a much better feel for it! I also figured out how to reboot my console (hold down the power button then select power options then restart) and adjust the brightness without going into the settings (hold down the home button and a menu pops up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

cant stand turfwars after the last year of ranked .. its looking good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

the testfire was loads of fun cant wait for it to release. lotsa DC's for me this morning tho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Testfire was just a bunch of disconnects shortly after the match started, just like the original on the WiiU :(
    I'm hoping Nintendo have this sorted out for the full release, otherwise it's going to be a rare no buy from me.
    Alternatively, if they stick a significant single player campaign in there, I'll pick it up.

Not feeling it with the joycons, might be better with the pro controller

I had no dropouts anytime i played this weekend, ran smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

the testfire was loads of fun cant wait for it to release. lotsa DC's for me this morning tho.

Yeah I enjoyed it once I got in (which took a few goes)

Anyone have any idea of a release date? July/August?

AMGer wrote: »
    Yeah I enjoyed it once I got in (which took a few goes)

Anyone have any idea of a release date? July/August?

nintendo havent given a solid release date yet, only summer 17 or Q2/Q3 17
    I was secretly hoping that they would have come up at the end of the testfire and say coming next month or something.

Can see it being an E3 announcement with more details of single player

So how do you think they can sell this as a sequel, rather than Splatoon 1.5?
    There are new weapons and maps, sure, but that was happening frequently on the original. The only thing saying sequel is that it's set later than the first.
    Will need to wait and see what future details give us. There doesn't seem to be much they can do to change the gameplay for the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Nollog

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how do you think they can sell this as a sequel, rather than Splatoon 1.5?
    There are new weapons and maps, sure, but that was happening frequently on the original. The only thing saying sequel is that it's set later than the first.
    Will need to wait and see what future details give us. There doesn't seem to be much they can do to change the gameplay for the single player.

There's probably a lot more to the game than what we saw in the testfire.

I'd be more worried how they plan to sell it as a 90 euro game, and 30 every year after.

• Advertisement

I was about to ask where you're getting 90, but I assume you mean 30 for online

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Looks sick, July 21st is ages away though..

safetyboy wrote: »

Looks sick, July 21st is ages away though..

that mode looks really fun! cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Producer Yusuke Amano and director Hiashi Nogami said:

“Splatoon is basically designed as a game that you can enjoy without direction communication. The reason we included voice chat this time is because we wanted users who already know each other to enjoy the game more deeply using a communication tool that’s linked to the game. Basically the same environment as the previous game has been preserved, so there is no need for concern.” – Yusuke Amano

“Voice chat can only be used when playing with someone you know, such as in private matchmaking; voice chat with someone you don’t know in random matchmaking won’t happen.” – Hisashi Nogami

https://www.gamestm.co.uk/promotion/suns-out-guns-out-for-splatoon-2-in-games-187/

via:

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-splatoon-2-hero-mode-tidbits-voice-chat-wont-work-with-random-strangers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

sligeach wrote: »
    “Voice chat can only be used when playing with someone you know, such as in private matchmaking; voice chat with someone you don’t know in random matchmaking won’t happen.” – Hisashi Nogami

Yet another indication that they are going to mess up their online services imo, pg friendly nonsense even though the arguably better alternative is troll central online.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Disagree. I prefer to talk to friends than shouty obscene american teens.

Well done, Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Mr E wrote: »
    I prefer to talk to friends than shouty obscene american teens.

Who doesn't ? Removing the most basic form of communication isn't progressive regardless of what 12 year old is singing Katy Perry songs in Mario Kart online... Highlight name then block does work for most other consoles/pc games all the same. :p
    Mr E wrote: »
    Well done, Nintendo.
    Let's remove text chat too, stick to awesome chat emojis, it isn't what online gaming is about nor should it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

They should definitely give people the option to speak to randomers if they choose to. If people only want to speak to their friends, then make a party chat feature, but to just not allow open communication is a mistake in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

d22ontour wrote:
    Let's remove text chat too, stick to awesome chat emojis, it isn't what online gaming is about nor should it be.

Like the chat in Mario Kart. Tools spamming 'go easy on me', 'great game' etc etc.

Advertisement