Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Has anyone followed Lisa's lust list? I've had to unfollow her Facebook because inwas getting a pain in my face seeing all the "omg lads come here til I give you a laugh, XYZ sent me this to give away". Honest to god it's literally a social media version of winning streak and of course not much disclosure going on either

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Has anyone followed Lisa's lust list? I've had to unfollow her Facebook because inwas getting a pain in my face seeing all the "omg lads come here til I give you a laugh, XYZ sent me this to give away". Honest to god it's literally a social media version of winning streak and of course not much disclosure going on either

Why was it funny that a company sent her products to give away? That sounds disrespectful but I may have misunderstood the situation

Why was it funny that a company sent her products to give away? That sounds disrespectful but I may have misunderstood the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's not funny. It's literally a crazy amount of posts per day of just plugging boutiques and jewellery designers and whatever else. There's little to no content of actual blogging. She starts her posts off with "come here til I tell you" or "I'll give you a good laugh" but it comes across as so insincere, there's not an ad to be seen. She's given stuff to advertise and then runs the competition giveaways CONSTANTLY with absolutely no disclosure. It's pretty much just a gameshoq for Facebook. There's no actual blogging done as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 7 powerdown

I had been wondering what way she was operating - she often talks about buying from these boutiques and promoting Irish businesses by giving them a 'shoutout'. From the shoutout then comes the 'giveaway' - my understanding of the ASAI guidelines isn't 100% but I think if she (or any blogger/influenced) is approached by boutiques/company's to do a giveaway it's advertising and should be declared as an ad regardless of compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Did anyone see just Jordan's snaps this morning about that ring.
    Am I the only one that thinks she has duped her followers and that she never had any intention of buying an eternity ring she is now saying she might buy it next year.
    So bottom line is she told her followers she was buying an eternity ring she designed a prototype.
    She did a professional ad promoting the company and after all that her story is she doesn't like the ring she designed and is now waiting to get one next year.
    Just when i thought these influencers couldn't get any worse she does that anyone who falls for that story is mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Cria wrote: »
    Did anyone see just Jordan's snaps this morning about that ring.
    Am I the only one that thinks she has duped her followers and that she never had any intention of buying an eternity ring she is now saying she might buy it next year.
    So bottom line is she told her followers she was buying an eternity ring she designed a prototype.
    She did a professional ad promoting the company and after all that her story is she doesn't like the ring she designed and is now waiting to get one next year.
    Just when i thought these influencers couldn't get any worse she does that anyone who falls for that story is mad.

She doesnt even like it now after all that?! so are the shop just letting her return a ring that was specially designed for her?

LouD2016 wrote: »
    She doesnt even like it now after all that?! so are the shop just letting her return a ring that was specially designed for her?

It was a prototype so I'd say it was as cheap .. they got their free advertising she by the looks of it pretended she was buying a ring off them and all along had no plans to buy it.
    Looks like it was just a cover story to promote the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

So Lisa Jordan went on fb for that promo video, encouraged young mothers to think about an enormously expensive diamond ring as a push present after having a child, waxed lyrical about how amazing this whole process was, failed to #ad (or #add, in her case) a single thing and now is on SC saying she didn't like it and that it was "over budget". Over budget my eye. She didn't get the huge discount/freebie she was hoping for along with the obvious ad payment and has backed out.

Maybe it's over budget cos only celebrities can afford a second diamond ring within a few years when they have a new baby too?! The whole thing is dodgy as hell. She has form for being untruthful across all social media platforms so there's no benefit of the doubt that can be afforded to her.

"Go out and spend several thousand euro on a superfluous ring, followers! Like, I'm WEAK for mine! Except it's too expensive and I'm not buying it anymore but never mind that bit".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't get it, she spoke about the ring as if she already had it? Something isn't adding up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

Maybe if the whole #ad (#add!) thing hadn't blown up she wouldn't be backing out of this at all. Can't understand what wannabes are still following her and can't see through her?! :unsure:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Very confusing. She shared a video on FB about it last week from the jewellers page where she spent 4 minutes talking about the whole process.

She replied to one of the comments under the video saying " I actually don't have it that was just a prototype I was wearing in the end, I need a bit more time to get it xxxx"

blairbear wrote: »
    So Lisa Jordan went on fb for that promo video, encouraged young mothers to think about an enormously expensive diamond ring as a push present after having a child, waxed lyrical about how amazing this whole process was, failed to #ad (or #add, in her case) a single thing and now is on SC saying she didn't like it and that it was "over budget". Over budget my eye. She didn't get the huge discount/freebie she was hoping for along with the obvious ad payment and has backed out.

Maybe it's over budget cos only celebrities can afford a second diamond ring within a few years when they have a new baby too?! The whole thing is dodgy as hell. She has form for being untruthful across all social media platforms so there's no benefit of the doubt that can be afforded to her.

"Go out and spend several thousand euro on a superfluous ring, followers! Like, I'm WEAK for mine! Except it's too expensive and I'm not buying it anymore but never mind that bit".

Yes how bad is that encouraging folllowers to buy a ring from this jewellers and she had no intention of Parting with her own money .
    She is losing credibility by the day I actually cannot understand how she is getting away with such dishonest actions Shame on her .

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't get it, she spoke about the ring as if she already had it? Something isn't adding up.

Yes she did she promoted the whole process and then never mentioned the ring again until she was questioned on it.
    What a story to create this has to be the worst case of fooling your followers I thought I had seen it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Or moores backed out of giving jj the ring for free when they realised it would be in breach of the standards and now she can't afford it. '' out of budget'' or never planned to pay in the first place.
    Maybe the companies are getting wise to the poor publicity of working with bloggers or influencers who arnt transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why would she have a prototype ring unless it was an ad?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

anna080 wrote: »
    Why would she have a prototype ring unless it was an ad?!?

It's part of the service they are offering it's available to everyone ordering over a certain cost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Not great advertising for the jewelers if after all that effort she still wasnt happy and didnt take the ring.
    Its all so materialistic - not such great 'influencers' for their young followers

It's part of the service they are offering it's available to everyone ordering over a certain cost

She didn't even order so it was an ad she was being paid no way she would have done all that for no payment and now no ring.
    How low do you have to be to go through all that deceit for a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Either the whole thing was just to showcase their shop and service of prototype and she was never getting the ring or the shop/she has pulled out?

• Advertisement

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Not great advertising for the jewelers if after all that effort she still wasnt happy and didnt take the ring.
    Its all so materialistic - not such great 'influencers' for their young followers

I was thinking that saying she didn't like it even though it's her own design makes it look like they couldn't fulfill her requirements.
    And would actually turn me off using the jewellers
    To make an excuse like well I change my mind all the time after going through that whole process is bs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I follow her and the way she goes about it is very strange.
    She keeps saying "lads look how powerful ye all are....Now we've gotten another giveaway"..."ye are so powerful" etc! It's weird and I'm not really sure what she is getting out of it! She has never disclosed anything is an ad but I would imagine her posts are generating lots of sales for the boutiques she mentions so surely she gets paid for this.
    Not transparent at all and very misleading.

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Either the whole thing was just to showcase their shop and service of prototype and she was never getting the ring or the shop/she has pulled out?

I reckon it's the first and they realise complaints were made to the asai over the non transparency of the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

blairbear wrote: »

Snapchat has packed in on my phone, so all I had to go on was the FB video. It's so bizarre!!!
    'I loved the process, loved the ring... but I won't be getting the ring...' I'd love to know if the jewellers see a boost in business after this. A boost in women coming in and playing with their computer design thingy & ordering prototypes maybe, but will it translate into sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

So I just seen that MUF posted that Cari's Closet 'sorted her out for her long gowns' for Dubai and they gave her a discount code for 20% off...

She didn't label it #affiliate or #spons. This is sponsorship.

So I just seen that MUF posted that Cari's Closet 'sorted her out for her long gowns' for Dubai and they gave her a discount code for 20% off...

It's probably a contra swap therefore she doesn't see it that way.  That's another very grey area.

It's probably a contra swap therefore she doesn't see it that way.  That's another very grey area.

lol haven't all these bloggers being doing contra deals? Still though, she is the queen of grey areas. This is out and out sponsorship though.

My friend was applying for the Rose of Tralee couple of years ago and she reached out to lots of boutiques for her dresses and outfits because she couldn't afford them and a boutique sponsored her. To me, this is the exact same thing. The difference is, you expect someone on the Rose of Tralee to be wearing gowns/outfits that are sponsored, and they disclose accordingly, whereas MUF is just going on holiday.
    I wish she'd just disclose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I don't get it!!! I assume she has a decent income so why the need to go looking for someone to give you dresses and not just buy them yourself! And then not to show it's a ad your being given free dresses for exposure when you wear them! That's an ad not just cos we all think it because it's in the ASAI guidelines!!!!! Maybe when she wears them she will have #ad on the pictures!?

idunno78 wrote: »
    I don't get it!!! I assume she has a decent income so why the need to go looking for someone to give you dresses and not just buy them yourself! And then not to show it's a ad your being given free dresses for exposure when you wear them! That's an ad not just cos we all think it because it's in the ASAI guidelines!!!!! Maybe when she wears them she will have #ad on the pictures!?

This is what annoys me about her because how hard of a concept of is it just to disclose. Like it's obvious she got the dresses gratis. Her choice of language shows that.

'Caris closet have sorted me out for my long dresses'

To me that's the vaguest way of saying, 'they gave me the dresses for free'.
    She can't really deny it because she was nearly begging for free dresses on her Snapchat for Dubai last week.
    Just label it accordingly and stop trying to be sly about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

This is what annoys me about her because how hard of a concept of is it just to disclose. Like it's obvious she got the dresses gratis. Her choice of language shows that.

'Caris closet have sorted me out for my long dresses'

To me that's the vaguest way of saying, 'they gave me the dresses for free'.
    She can't really deny it because she was nearly begging for free dresses on her Snapchat for Dubai last week.
    Just label it accordingly and stop trying to be sly about it.

What are all these 'influencers' going to do when this blogger celebrity thing fades away, which it will eventually. I know loads of people who have started unfollowing and lost interest in the last couple of months on the blogger thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement