Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airshows 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Don't think that was the Spitfire, but I'll have a search
    /holds breath

That was the P-51. Was damaged during a landing and won't be taking part. Spitfire is still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

PC9S ARE IN THE AIR

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

SK60 approaching the coast near Drogheda now:

https://www.flightradar24.com/SEDXG/e2d6b46

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

Spitfire and team raven diverting to Shannon cuz of wind, weather starting to look good for Sunday at Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazzer007

I would imagine those aircraft will be based at Shannon until the Foynes Air Show concludes. Weather looks good for tomorrow's show, fingers crossed. Today is horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Could anyone recommend good spot today near Casement please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Flight of 4 fast jets just went over Shankill. Was squinting into the sunlight so can't positively identify.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Flight of 4 fast jets just went over Shankill. Was squinting into the sunlight so can't positively identify.

Just two as they passed over Dublin Bay, two bogies successfully engaged? ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

They've just done 3 laps around my house in Dublin 16. :) Look like Fouga?

I was thinking it was the Fougas, knowing from last year that they were a 4.

They were loud enough to be them anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I can see them out my office window in Ballymount. It looks like they've just broken up, obviously coming into land.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

g0g wrote: »
    I see G-PBYA Catalina over Wales. That's for Air Show too?
    It flew into Weston. I saw a facebook live video from a guy onboard just now. Tres cool.

Fouga's went over me about 45 mins ago. Definitely them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Which location is the best for taking pictures at the bray air show?
    The beach works well. There is a rocky outcrop in the centre, the display was centred here last year. The promenade itself is packed but decent space on the beach.

Some people go up the hill to get a different angle. You will be shooting the aircraft almost level.

As an example:

This was taken from Bray Head during the 2008 show, using an EOS 350D with a 300mm Tamron lens.

422966.jpg

It isn't your usual from the beach side on shot, and depending on the aircraft can look quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Mig came in around six o clock was delayed I missed it due to getting tomorrows sandwich material!
    Anyone hear anything about the strike masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

...__... wrote: »
    Mig came in around six o clock was delayed I missed it due to getting tomorrows sandwich material!
    Anyone hear anything about the strike masters?
    Strikemasters arrived Weston

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭typera12

This is on the weston airport website do they know something we don't "Red Arrows" http://www.westonairport.ie/2017/03/bray-air-display-2017/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

typera12 wrote: »
    This is on the weston airport website do they know something we don't "Red Arrows" http://www.westonairport.ie/2017/03/bray-air-display-2017/
    https://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/displays/redarrowsdisplayprogramme2017.cfm

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Hi, Just in case anyone reading this thread isnt aware, I run the EIDW (Dublin) live air traffic control feed that you can tune into by clicking here https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Over the weekend I am hoping to setup a live atc feed to cover the event at Bray. (no promises, 1st try at a mobile broadcast)

If it works out you can tune in by clicking the above link and then clicking on the EIDW op's option on that page or just click here to go straight in: https://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?icao=eidw&mount=eidw_ops

This also works on your mobile phone by installing the Liveatc app or just by searching for "Liveatc EIDW".

If your planning to listen to anything on your phone, laptop, pad etc remember to bring headphones!

If anyone in the know has any interesting freq that should be included on my list please post or pm me.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just a heads up on previous years some of the cellular networks have completely collapsed. There are basically two highsites covering the promenade and no sign of COWs (cells on wheels). So you might need to go fixed line with a local ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

ED E wrote: »
    Just a heads up on previous years some of the cellular networks have completely collapsed. There are basically two highsites covering the promenade and no sign of COWs (cells on wheels). So you might need to go fixed line with a local ;)

Im planning on staying a bit away from the main action so will not be working the Bray mobile towers I dont intend to watch the show but may get a few flyovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Watched the magister team practising yesterday at casement very impressive !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Here's the DC3 this morning before departing Weston.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Here's the DC3 this morning before departing Weston.

Saw it as it was lifting off over Celbridge, fantastic sound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Heard the dc3 depart. Then the pby leaving around 10 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Just had the Catalina fly over the house in East Clare. Very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Traffic starting to build heavily for anyone coming into Bray today.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Does anyone have any info when the F-18 s are moving today, or tomorrow?
    Ill be near Dublin airport today, would love to see them head out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Many in Foynes today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Storm 10

TedR wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info when the F-18 s are moving today, or tomorrow?
    Ill be near Dublin airport today, would love to see them head out

Due in Foynes at 13.30pm

Advertisement