Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airshows 2017

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emo72

Bye bye, bye bye, bye bye bye. I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Artur.PL

Sunday 23/074
    36290390685_d2032d8b94_c.jpg
    IMG_4105
    by artur, on Flickr

36290391075_3fa3b1a182_c.jpg
    IMG_3883
    by artur, on Flickr

36290391545_c18831a1a7_c.jpg
    IMG_3822
    by artur, on Flickr

35485196493_09271e6248_c.jpg
    IMG_3654
    by artur, on Flickr

36158179351_0d852e006f_c.jpg
    IMG_3409
    by artur, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

martinsvi wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell if he's excited or does he have some beef to pick with Spanish Air force

I agree. I'm not offend but this got lots of coverage in the "news media" for how excited the man was to see the plane yet all I hear is some dude roaring abuse about "Spanish Bast*rds" and to "f*ck out"?

Re-listening to it I couldn't tell you wtf he is on on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Reati wrote: »
    I agree. I'm not offend but this got lots of coverage in the "news media" for how excited the man was to see the plane yet all I hear is some dude roaring abuse about "Spanish Bast*rds" and to "f*ck out"?

Re-listening to it I couldn't tell you wtf he is on on about.

we can put it this way - you could take that video, put it on somewhere like Russia Today website and put an article around it claiming that upset Irish activist is outraged with Nato using an Irish Airport, and the World would genuinely believe it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

martinsvi wrote: »
    we can put it this way - you could take that video, put it on somewhere like Russia Today website and put an article around it claiming that upset Irish activist is outraged with Nato using an Irish Airport, and the World would genuinely believe it..

You know that's a scary and genuine point. Maybe we will see it on Trumps Twitter feed at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Have a search on YouTube. There are many, many videos, going back several years from that person's channel, and they're all in the same "unique style". I came across that channel before, a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

Pinch Flat wrote: »

No point being a gobsh1te, unless you show it..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Lonestar1 wrote: »
    No point being a gobsh1te, unless you show it..........

He is himself harmless and very passionate about aviation and trains. He is not bothering anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Yeah, I don't think there's anything malicious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Hopefully the weather is reasonable for Newcastle tomorrow. In addition to the below, I think R116 and a P51 are displaying also.

Newcastle-FOF-4.JPG

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just got treated to 2 fabulous displays in Rush, presumably part of the Rush harbour festival,
    Had excellent views out my attic window

1st display was a bi-plane

2nd was a display involving 6 aircraft! (The Ravens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Buffman wrote: »
    Hopefully the weather is reasonable for Newcastle tomorrow. In addition to the below, I think R116 and a P51 are displaying also.

Newcastle-FOF-4.JPG

Just back from this now. The weather was lovely although it's just started lashing torrential rain where i am atm and I'm not staying too far from Newcastle!

There were some great aerobatics on show. Thought it was a good setting and nice to sit on the green area by the sea. Good enough atmosphere too :)

My OH and I had to leave early so left just after The Red Arrows but we were lucky enough to catch The Lancaster Bomber when driving out through the town. That thing is freaky looking. Imagine that flying over your house :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Few from Rush Harbour Festival yesterday

36399154985_3c265fc5a1_c.jpg

36262422011_aed7cc22d1_c.jpg

35591530293_af0f00936a_c.jpg

36399151065_2a48fe447e_c.jpg

36399151925_9f3f96bb9a_c.jpg

36262419581_6be24c1a3c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jasT1981

Newcastle was a very enjoyable show this year. P51 had to pull out and Lauren Richardson was added to the display pretty late on (first booklet had P51 on it)

Very quick flow between displays, no waiting around for the next one. Everything that was meant to be there showed up including the Chinook :) But the BBMF were my favorite display on the day.

Didn't get very many complaints this year to the FB pages, which meant most felt it went well. Aside from campervans, traffic and the music being too loud nearly every bit of feedback I got was positive.

Was meant to be bad weather throughout, and again, as always the weather stayed good (Newcastle has had predicted storms during the show every year since 2013)

Planning for next year already in the works and the hope is to get the Typhoon back, as it was at an RAF event this year.

Portrush this weekend, pretty decent lineup for the show.

RAF Red Arrows (both days)
    RAF Typhoon FGR4 (both days)
    RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ( Spitfire) (both days)
    MiG 15 (both days)
    RAF Tutor Mark 1 (both days)
    Team Raven (both days - debut)
    Irish Coastguard S92 (one day)
    Vietnam Pair: Huey & Loach (flying/static both days)
    Consolidated Catalina (both days)
    Muscle Biplane (both days)
    Aerobatic Glider (both days)
    Wildcat Aerobatics (both days)
    Calidus Autogyro (both days)
    Royal Navy Wildcat on static display both days

Bray 2018 provisional dates (according to their website countdown) are 21st & 22nd July 2018

Advertisement