Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airshows 2017

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

Don't bother going out to Weston, nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Don't bother going out to Weston, nothing there.

They're most likely all out at Foynes.....better going up at 4 or 5 after both air shows are over

Anyone know if the F-18 has left dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Montpelier Hill

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hi, Just in case anyone reading this thread isnt aware, I run the EIDW (Dublin) live air traffic control feed that you can tune into by clicking here https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Over the weekend I am hoping to setup a live atc feed to cover the event at Bray. (no promises, 1st try at a mobile broadcast)

If it works out you can tune in by clicking the above link and then clicking on the EIDW op's option on that page or just click here to go straight in: https://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?icao=eidw&mount=eidw_ops

This also works on your mobile phone by installing the Liveatc app or just by searching for "Liveatc EIDW".

If your planning to listen to anything on your phone, laptop, pad etc remember to bring headphones!

If anyone in the know has any interesting freq that should be included on my list please post or pm me.

Enjoy.

Hi there-do you know if the planes at the bray airshow will show up on websites like flight radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

TedR wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info when the F-18 s are moving today, or tomorrow?
    Ill be near Dublin airport today, would love to see them head out

Rolling in Dublin now according to the MC here in Foynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

mobile feed up and running, lets hope we get Bray when they come live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Any reports on M11 traffic? I couldn't avoid heading out and will be coming back to Bray around 15:00. Show started and traffic gone by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

mobile feed up and running, lets hope we get Bray when they come live.

Quality's perfect, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ARCD

g0g wrote: »
    Any reports on M11 traffic? I couldn't avoid heading out and will be coming back to Bray around 15:00. Show started and traffic gone by then?

Traffic was slow from Sandyford to Bray on M50/M11 when I went through. Show doesn't start til 15.30 today so I'd say it'll probably still be quite slow at that time unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Rolling in Dublin now according to the MC here in Foynes.

Flew over my house about an hour ago.....bloody quick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Would love to head to Bray from Kildare but the traffic is turning me off, was a nightmare 2 years ago.

Considering driving to luad at red cow then luas into city then dart to bray, would this be recommended over driving directly?

• Advertisement

sounds like we have a very weak Bray reception, I dont know how cause I can almost see the beach!

Two vampires just flew by my place heading back to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Catalina next at Foynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

sounds like we have a very weak Bray reception, I dont know how cause I can almost see the beach!

Your live link is working perfectly for me. Thanks.

F18 just blasted past Monasterevin at some speed :)

reception working well now, must have been a problem there end.

Looks like im in the center of the Killiney holding pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

are there no live video feeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Not much happening at casement other than a casa fly by its all quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

DC-3 just went over knocklyon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Silver Breeze

DC-3 circling over Glenageary

Sounds wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Sounds great, she is moved on now

ok I gotta pack it up here for the day.

Mobile feed going off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Is the show done for the day? Just home and normally im under the flight path on the way out/back to bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Are the F18s still in Dublin Airport?

Im home now, same mix backup on op's feed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Patrouille Tranchant just arriving now in Baldonnel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

We went out to Weston for a while earlier. I think it was the five Team Ravens that were parked up, but were moved a while later. Not much action, apart from private planes. But, we saw the Strikemasters coming in, and passed right by us along the runway. Four small red planes took off, perhaps for one of the airshows as well.

We had just got back to the car when the Catalina came in, followed shortly by the two Spitfires. Coming back along the N7 then, the DC-3 flew over. And, having arrived at my sister and brother-in-law's parents a few minutes later, it flew over again. I got a not so great photo as it went over. So, having waited ages for such action, it happened just as we were leaving. Typical :)

But, having been at Weston, seeing the bit of action, it has inspired me to take up flying lessons at some stage. But, that's another story. Roll on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ARCD

Dcully wrote: »
    Would love to head to Bray from Kildare but the traffic is turning me off, was a nightmare 2 years ago.

Considering driving to luad at red cow then luas into city then dart to bray, would this be recommended over driving directly?

Luas and DART would probably be better than driving to Bray, but both will be packed. My advice would be to leave early and drive to Greystones instead, then get the DART back to Bray. Traffic isn't too bad and the DART isn't as packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Catalina flew over me in Sandyford on it way back to Weston earlier, it's like a big slow whale plodding through the sky.

Advertisement