Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

I haven't been through it yet so someone else might be able to offer some more wisdom, but remember why you're doing it. It's about you and your partner, and everyone will be there to celebrate and offer good will. Is there something specific you're worried about going "wrong"?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

love_love wrote: »
    I haven't been through it yet so someone else might be able to offer some more wisdom, but remember why you're doing it. It's about you and your partner, and everyone will be there to celebrate and offer good will. Is there something specific you're worried about going "wrong"?

Nothing specific, that's the thing. It's just some general anxiety, I guess. Anyways, I'll just have to somehow waddle my way through it. Thankfully that only started like the week before, so I won't be panicking for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Trying to get mass booklet done at the moment and am trying to find people to read prayers. Everyone I ask keeps saying no! Really want to get it ordered but need to fill in the names!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Wellyd wrote: »
    Trying to get mass booklet done at the moment and am trying to find people to read prayers. Everyone I ask keeps saying no! Really want to get it ordered but need to fill in the names!

We had two readings for a civil ceremony. I nominated my cousin with no choice. Told her it was like winning the lotto so congratulations were in order. Had no problems then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mares2

Alanhooly wrote: »
    We're doing something a little bit different with the speeches in that the maid of honour is also going to say a speech, she knows us both best and I think it's a little old fashioned for the girls to sit back and that lads to do all the talking. Is this becoming more common or is it unusual? The two dad speeches are guaranteed to be short.

Getting married in Kinnity Castle in December :)

My MOH did a speech at ours, and honestly thought it was better than the best mans! No-one commented on it being unusual either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Anyone recommend somewhere for mass booklet templates ? Apparently the accord one that let you select various readings etc is no longer working :/
    Looking for something that makes it as easy as possible, as in select from different readings and it builds the booklet for you.

6 days out and I’m starting to worry have I forgotten anything!

We had our big day on Saturday! I know everyone says the same thing but it really is the best day of your life. The whole day ran like clockwork! I was waiting for some little hiccup but it didn’t happen. I am currently lying down in actual physical pain from all the dancing and singing but I wouldn’t change it for the world! Need to get off my backside now and pack for Cape Town in the morning!

Advertisement