Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

2,000. For 12 hrs, From prep to first few dances is the plan. That includes a 10x10 album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

€900 church to dances, doesn't include album

So, my 3 year old has decided that she wants to wear a blue sparkly dress for our wedding... Any ideas on where to get one of those???

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

MiliMe wrote: »
    So, my 3 year old has decided that she wants to wear a blue sparkly dress for our wedding... Any ideas on where to get one of those???

Monsoon usually have a pretty good selection. Here’s a blue one with gold sparkles

https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_3,mon_3.3,mon_3.3.3/4153450253

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Monsoon usually have a pretty good selection. Here’s a blue one with gold sparkles

https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_3,mon_3.3,mon_3.3.3/4153450253

That is pretty but she's only a tiny little 3 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SheepGoHere

That is pretty but she's only a tiny little 3 year old.

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st259227#515770

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st244334#584152

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st277206#548567

Maybe sparkly add-ons...sequins or a sparkly headband? She will be beautiful I'm sure.

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st259227#515770

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st244334#584152

http://www.next.ie/en/style/st277206#548567

Maybe sparkly add-ons...sequins or a sparkly
    headband? She will be beautiful I'm sure.

Very pretty dresses. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

mjp wrote: »
    How much are people paying for their photographer. Ours is costing 1600 and that's from being at brides house in morning up until after first dance. There is a further 300 to have another photographer at my house morning of wedding as two houses are 50 miles apart. Was my fiancé dealing with him and he's very good and was available hence why picked him. Thought it was very expensive but hadn't any other prices to compare it with.

1800.... from the morning in my house to dancing. And including albums. We got the photos last week and he was well worth every cent. I love the photos and can’t wait to see the album when it’s done !

Going to pick my wedding ring today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

Thanks for all the replies! Was busy moving last week, so didn't have any chance to check. We'll check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Hi everyone!
    Just wondering if any one has recommendations for dress alterations in Dublin? I bought my dress in the UK so can’t get it altered there.
    I’ve read a few good reviews on All Alterations but looking for as many opinions as possible before I make a decision! I don’t need a lot of work done, it will have to be taken up a few inches and adjusted at the waist and bust but it’s a very simple, fitted dress so needs to be perfect!
    Thanks in advance and happy planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 susb

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Going to pick my wedding ring today!!
    So exciting!! Where are you going??

PennyWren wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Just wondering if any one has recommendations for dress alterations in Dublin? I bought my dress in the UK so can’t get it altered there.
    I’ve read a few good reviews on All Alterations but looking for as many opinions as possible before I make a decision! I don’t need a lot of work done, it will have to be taken up a few inches and adjusted at the waist and bust but it’s a very simple, fitted dress so needs to be perfect!
    Thanks in advance and happy planning!

Fitz on Drury Street are awesome. When I was bridesmaid for my friend, we got her dress and the bridesmaids dresses fitted there because where she got her dress didn't do the alterations and they recommended Fitz as top notch. I have to say, they were brilliant because the dresses sizes were all too big but they came out immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SheepGoHere

Am I the only one who found hair and make up trials really stressful?

Wedding is in 3 months, invites are written and enveloped, ready to go.
    Himself says to me yesterday, oh yea dad was saying he wants to invite the h2b brothers girlfriends parents. Now ive no issue with inviting them (mostly, I've never met them but they will eventually be part of the extended family).
    Why the frick is this juat coming up now when they were asked for their list y a bloody year ago...

susb wrote: »
    So exciting!! Where are you going??

Got it in Voltaire :D Same place we got my engagement ring. They're amazing!

Wedding is in 3 months, invites are written and enveloped, ready to go.
    Himself says to me yesterday, oh yea dad was saying he wants to invite the h2b brothers girlfriends parents. Now ive no issue with inviting them (mostly, I've never met them but they will eventually be part of the extended family).
    Why the frick is this juat coming up now when they were asked for their list y a bloody year ago...

I feel your pain. I'm suffering from the opposite. My Dad called me on Saturday morning and all in one breath I got "What's the story with parking, the website says the do valet parking, €20 a day but they're not coming back to me and I need to get it booked in and what am I gonna go if there's no parking and I need to get it booked what's their phone number"

What I said: I will try pop into the hotel at some stage and ask them for you

What I wanted to say: ARE YOU FOR F*%($&G REAL?! ITS THREE MONTHS TO GO, WHERE YOU PARK IS NOT TOP OF MY PRIORITY LIST RIGHT NOW!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody else experience of how venues charge for wine? A lot of our guests won't drink wine and the price we are paying includes 2 glasses of wine per person. So we thought this would mean if we had 200 guests we'd get 100 bottles of wine and that they'd keep coming around with it untill it's all used up, and then ask us if we wanted to use more.
    But it seems they will just go around with the wine twice in total, regardless of how many or few drink it, feel it's a bit sneaky as we might only end up using 50 bottles of the 100 that we've paid for.
    Just checking if this is standard if using the wine that is supplied by the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

we're bringing in our wine and paying corkage, the hotel are going to keep the corks and we'll set how the wine is distributed worked out a good bit cheaper than the hotel options

mjp wrote: »
    How much are people paying for their photographer. Ours is costing 1600 and that's from being at brides house in morning up until after first dance. There is a further 300 to have another photographer at my house morning of wedding as two houses are 50 miles apart. Was my fiancé dealing with him and he's very good and was available hence why picked him. Thought it was very expensive but hadn't any other prices to compare it with.
    We got a lad from Lurgan and is £350 for morning prep at brides house to after first dance, he brings his wife as to help out and take candid photos whilst he takes the main ones, so we just have to feed them also. That's no physical prints just digital and then we'll just do the albums ourselves. He didn't even charge for travelling from Lurgan to Carrigart (North of Letterkenny) Stephean Greenaway is his name.

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    we're bringing in our wine and paying corkage, the hotel are going to keep the corks and we'll set how the wine is distributed worked out a good bit cheaper than the hotel options
    Our package is about €45 per person and includes 2 glasses each so think the corkage would prob work out more for our venue, will prob just live with it as it's a good deal to be honest rather than kicking up a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Anybody else experience of how venues charge for wine? A lot of our guests won't drink wine and the price we are paying includes 2 glasses of wine per person. So we thought this would mean if we had 200 guests we'd get 100 bottles of wine and that they'd keep coming around with it untill it's all used up, and then ask us if we wanted to use more.
    But it seems they will just go around with the wine twice in total, regardless of how many or few drink it, feel it's a bit sneaky as we might only end up using 50 bottles of the 100 that we've paid for.
    Just checking if this is standard if using the wine that is supplied by the venue.

That doesn't sound standard to me at all. My understanding would be the same as your original understanding. Has your venue advised they'll strictly only fill up each individual's glass twice? I'd cause a ruckus about that if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Anybody else experience of how venues charge for wine? A lot of our guests won't drink wine and the price we are paying includes 2 glasses of wine per person. So we thought this would mean if we had 200 guests we'd get 100 bottles of wine and that they'd keep coming around with it untill it's all used up, and then ask us if we wanted to use more. But it seems they will just go around with the wine twice in total, regardless of how many or few drink it, feel it's a bit sneaky as we might only end up using 50 bottles of the 100 that we've paid for. Just checking if this is standard if using the wine that is supplied by the venue.

This is about right as far as I have experienced. Your package includes 2 glasses per person no matter how many drink it. So if only 5 out of 100 do drink wine, you are still paying the package price including the wine.. If you want more wine per person you'd probably move to the next package.. Standard.. It works out for people who most of the guests do drink wine! If there's that few people drinking it, I'd go the corkage route and bring your own. At least that way you can tell them to keep pouring till its gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

love_love wrote:
    That doesn't sound standard to me at all. My understanding would be the same as your original understanding. Has your venue advised they'll strictly only fill up each individual's glass twice? I'd cause a ruckus about that if so.

That's standard if you are paying to include wine in the package it doesn't matter how many drink it. If they want more pours generally you'd pay more! (again, doesn't matter how many would be drinking it!) bringing her own and corkage sounds like it will suit better!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Weird, my venue has been explicit in saying that they expect to open x bottles of wine based on our numbers, and people will get extra if others aren't drinking it. I wouldn't have expected anything different, and I'm surprised to hear that other places don't do the same thing. Seems like a rip off!!

love_love wrote: »
    Weird, my venue has been explicit in saying that they expect to open x bottles of wine based on our numbers, and people will get extra if others aren't drinking it. I wouldn't have expected anything different, and I'm surprised to hear that other places don't do the same thing. Seems like a rip off!!
    yeah i suppose they've factored it into their pricing so they offer a lower package price based on the fact that on average they'll use 1.5 glasses of wine per person or whatever....it does seem a bit stingy....but I think it seems to be standard, you must be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Few weeks to go and everything's peachy except problems with my dress. It required alterations and now looks and sits differently to the original sample, I kind of hate it now :( anyone else here not actually like their wedding dress? It's too late to change it but it's been very stressful!

Plankton1 wrote: »
    Few weeks to go and everything's peachy except problems with my dress. It required alterations and now looks and sits differently to the original sample, I kind of hate it now :( anyone else here not actually like their wedding dress? It's too late to change it but it's been very stressful!

Oh no! How does it sit differently? Surely there can be some minor alterations that can be made. My friend wasn't 100% happy with hers the week before and they did the changes she needed. How much time have you? I'm sure they will be able to do something for you.
    You need to feel comfortable in it on the big day. Obviously your hair, make up etc can help compensate but try see if there is something they can do - they should want to help considering it's your wedding dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Long story short there was some error when the designer was making it so it's out of proportion to my body. My seamstress has her heart broken over it. Everything has to be done by hand and it's all beaded. So the top part was falling off me practically. I've already been for 3 fittings and have to go back twice more. Just want to get rid of it now I'm sick of the sight of it! Hoping other people disliked theirs but loved it on the day!

• Advertisement

Plankton1 wrote: »
    Long story short there was some error when the designer was making it so it's out of proportion to my body. My seamstress has her heart broken over it. Everything has to be done by hand and it's all beaded. So the top part was falling off me practically. I've already been for 3 fittings and have to go back twice more. Just want to get rid of it now I'm sick of the sight of it! Hoping other people disliked theirs but loved it on the day!

Keep the faith. That is very stressful but you have a few fittings to go so things won't look right until you're near the end.
    My friend in question was so stressed with hers and her dress ended up being spectacular and worth all the heartache (she had 7 fittings in all and it didn't come together until right at the end). Poor show on the designer though - that should never have happened.

Advertisement