Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

MissElle wrote: »
    We're getting married in Thomas Prior Hall in just over 5 weeks so can tell you all about it then if you haven't already booked :) our menu tasting is tonight, looking forward to all the food!!

Ah, thank you. Enjoy the dinner and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Living in UK and needing a prenup form, Have letter of freedom and certs from home. Wondering is the pre-nup form a generic catholic document or would i need to get an Irish one and bring it over here to get done? Anybody any advice on the actual questions you are asked and stuff? Anything I should have prepared (Aside from all the documents which are/will be under control by then!).
    Might ask Dad if he'd ask the priest at home would he do it with me when home next, but could be as handy to get it done here if the priest is sound!

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Try trailfinders I found them very helpful and they may be able to give you some ideas! Even order their brochure online! Now they can be like "this is a little over budget but you're getting all this" so be firm with them ;-) we're doing 2 weeks in Thailand, really going all out with hotels! We could have gone cheaper but we're treating ourselves as we don't plan on doing it again ;-) lol
    Trailfinders withheld the info from us about Captetown water crisis and alllowed us to book our honeymoon, which we are quite annoyed over! Not sure whether to change it or not, they withheld info so we are entitled to refund. Not going till October so should be more rain by then but no guarantee the public water supply will be turned back on (Scheduled to go off on April 16th).
    Have contacted hotel to see if they have any private water supply or any plans for when supply is stopped, awaiting reply.

Duplicate post please delete mods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057839412/1/#post106094570

Caranica just posted this over on Bargain Alerts, 10 "love" stamps for €8. They have N value so can be used at any stage without expiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

20 days to go for us! I got the bridesmaids dresses altered and now one of them is too small, the zipper is a struggle to get up. I was feeling quite stress free until now, I'm hoping it's an easy fix

This day next week for me.
    Very relaxed now. Have everything we need done, except for some pimping up of the venue next Thursday. Think I'll enjoy a few pints tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Anyone know anything about getting a popcorn machine and to have it manned for the pre reception ? Specifically in the cork area/Munster.??

This day next week for me.
    Very relaxed now. Have everything we need done, except for some pimping up of the venue next Thursday. Think I'll enjoy a few pints tonight

Beast from the East can do one. It's going to be baltic for the photos on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SheepGoHere

Beast from the East can do one. It's going to be baltic for the photos on Friday

It's going to be 'atmospheric' and 'memorable' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

If the snow appears, it will make for fabulous photos...

MiliMe wrote: »
    If the snow appears, it will make for fabulous photos...

Just concerned for people travelling more so than anything else.
    I've had all the vendors on to me between yesterday and today, speaking about the potential snow.

I'm burying my head in the sand for now

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Getting married on Saturday, so worried about this weather. I can deal with cold, it just people travelling from the east I'm worried about, the weddings in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 38 La.m

Just concerned for people travelling more so than anything else.
    I've had all the vendors on to me between yesterday and today, speaking about the potential snow.

I'm burying my head in the sand for now

How did you get on bazwraf? Did the wedding go ahead with the weather?

bazwarf I do hope that your everything went ok for you and your guests.

We made the most of the snow and got the Centrepieces for the tables finished, well almost finished, just have to cut some wood rounds for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Hope all the weddings went ok last week with the snow! Getting married tomorrow, heading to the hotel shortly, most things done now. Hoping to relax with a glass of wine later! :)

La.m wrote: »
    How did you get on bazwraf? Did the wedding go ahead with the weather?
    MiliMe wrote: »
    bazwarf I do hope that your everything went ok for you and your guests.

Had to postpone in the end. Proper downer at the time, but we'll get over it.
    All the vendors have been fantastic. Either offering full refunds, or booking us in for our new date in June. Had to get a new band and photographer, but the original band and photographer gave us recommendations.
    The venue booked us back in at no extra cost for a summer event instead. Church have refunded the charge for the church, and are now giving it to us for free. The company I rented the suits from are giving them to us again in June for free. Lots of good people out there. All we lost out on, was the flowers, and that's fair enough.

It was the right call to postpone as it was too dangerous for people to travel, and we'll make up for it June.

That's great. It's amazing to see how good people can be in situations like that. Roll on June.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

June wedding.
    Used the snow to get invites sorted and posted.
    HSE registration done and pre. Arrange course done this weekend.

Count down to stags/hens now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Literally cannot get my head around what I want for church music. We have a song that means an awful lot and I’d love that to be part of the ceremony it’s a sort of folksy Mumford and sons-esque song so I’m finding it hard to find someone and by someone I mean a male singer! Literally every google/Facebook/YouTube search is throwing up female singers. I think if I had that sorted I’d definitely be less flappy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Wellyd wrote:
    Literally cannot get my head around what I want for church music. We have a song that means an awful lot and I’d love that to be part of the ceremony it’s a sort of folksy Mumford and sons-esque song so I’m finding it hard to find someone and by someone I mean a male singer! Literally every google/Facebook/YouTube search is throwing up female singers. I think if I had that sorted I’d definitely be less flappy!

Sean de Burca is class and so so so nice!! We had him for ours at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

Does anyone know of any wedding singer websites in the Dublin area?

ec18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any wedding singer websites in the Dublin area?

Someone recommended Doug Sheridan to us last week. I absolutely loved him but he’s booked for our date!

How much do people plan on giving the priest who performs the Wedding (for church ones -sorry if it's been asked before!)

How much do people plan on giving the priest who performs the Wedding (for church ones -sorry if it's been asked before!)

Think we're giving €150 and a bottle of gin, but he's also a friend of the brides family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

We were told there was no need to pay as my parents give their envelopes every week but we gave him 150 anyways as he was so nice to us and a lovely man!

mcgiggles wrote: »

We were told there was no need to pay as my parents give their envelopes every week but we gave him 150 anyways as he was so nice to us and a lovely man!
    yeah I had €150 in my head too, just when you consider what gets spent on the band and stuff and surely the priest's role is quite important :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

We have had this discussion with our priest and he said €200-€250 is what most give

Did not go shopping today with the intention of buying wedding shoes but got them anyway! They’re the absolute limit of heel height for me so I’m really going to have to practice walking in them! Sitting in the shop trying them on I turned to my friend and said holy sh1t I’m getting married!

• Advertisement

We just enveloped the first of our invites to send abroad during the week. Eeekkkkk

Advertisement