Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Still waiting on 2 people to RSVP.. will give them until the weekend and then chase them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Butterface wrote: »
    Still waiting on 2 people to RSVP.. will give them until the weekend and then chase them up.

When was RSVP date?

After going to the effort of printing, writing and posting invites two never made Dublin addresses. Not impressed but will have to be careful then chasing up as people may not have received original invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Stamps..... something I completely forgot about including in my now non existent budget!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Stamps..... something I completely forgot about including in my now non existent budget!

Yeah, expensive too €1 for the Island, €1.50 International I think it was.

Post office offered me love hearts or the Pope, went with the hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

What order are the speeches supposed to go in or does it matter?

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    What order are the speeches supposed to go in or does it matter?

I was best person for my Brother and at the last minute the Wedding coordinator asked me to be MC and introduce all. Eh ok. I hadn't expected that.

I can't honestly remember how I decided to do this.

I possibly started with Her Father, then Sister, My Dad, me and then the Groom?

Not sure if there is an order. I assume I went with her Dad first?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

It will depend greatly on who you have speaking! I would say Father of Bride, Groom, Best Man. I will want to say a couple of words (I think) at ours, to get a female voice in there, but not sure where that would best fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

For ours we did Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Groom and then Best Man. Really don't think anyone will notice the order though, other than Best Man nearly always last!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yeah I think it's the norm for the Father of the Bride to go first and the Best Man is last.

I remember my Dad being a little annoyed at my sisters wedding when the Father of the Groom went first!

Any wedding I've ever been at, the Father of the Bride went first (unless of course there is no Father Of the Bride, then it was someone speaking on behalf of the brides family).
    Presuming all of the following are available, the norm is:

Father of the Bride
    Father of the Groom
    The Bride
    The Groom
    The Bestman

Dont worry about it though. No one will give out regardless of what order you go with. People fret over little things that at the end of the day, dont make a jot of difference to the crowd. Except for the Bestman. They should go last, as they are supposed to be the funny one, who wakes everyone up after the dinner

• Advertisement

A recommendation for anyone looking for stickers for invitations or favours. Just stickers on Facebook. I ordered mine on Monday at half 5 and they were delivered today! Couldn’t believe it when they arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Dont worry about it though. No one will give out regardless of what order you go with. People fret over little things that at the end of the day, dont make a jot of difference to the crowd. Except for the Bestman. They should go last, as they are supposed to be the funny one, who wakes everyone up after the dinner

Absolutely. I'm going first because I know I'll end up crying later on in the speeches! So, bride, father of groom, father of bride, groom, best man. That was just to mix it up a bit, I'll ask my dad and see if he'd prefer to go first.

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm going first because I know I'll end up crying later on in the speeches! So, bride, father of groom, father of bride, groom, best man. That was just to mix it up a bit, I'll ask my dad and see if he'd prefer to go first.

Definitely. Do what suits ye

Think about any wedding you've every been too. The order is never remembered, or commented on

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

Quick question:
    Traditionally, who do the couple give presents to? Is it just each set of parents and the wedding party? Or grandparents as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

sweirdo wrote: »
    Quick question:
    Traditionally, who do the couple give presents to? Is it just each set of parents and the wedding party? Or grandparents as well?

traditionally, the bride & grooms party and flowers for the mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

ec18 wrote: »
    traditionally, the bride & grooms party and flowers for the mothers

The bridesmaids and groomsmen usually are given their gifts in the morning and flowers for the mothers at the dinner, from what I've seen.

I know my invites were late going out but people started getting them today and I’ve gotten so many texts and calls about them! So glad I held off until they were perfect. Getting keys for new house at the weekend so we have a busy busy few weeks ahead!

Lads I’ve cried twice today. I think the stress is just after hitting me. I feel like I’ve an unmerciful list of things to still get done.

Getting Married in 7 Days!!!:D

deisedude wrote: »
    Getting Married in 7 Days!!!:D

14!

I finish work in a week and then have the week off. According to me I'll have a great time with zero stress and fuss. I cannot wait.

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    Lads I’ve cried twice today. I think the stress is just after hitting me. I feel like I’ve an unmerciful list of things to still get done.

I know this might sound too simplistic but I would get a diary with a day for every day of the year.

Write out a long list of everything that needs to be done. Maybe revisit every Sunday night and review the list and tick things off and add new stuff. From this longer list put the tasks into certain days in your diary.

Have a look at the checklists on the major wedding sites to re-assure yourself you have thought of everything.

That should help ease the feeling of overwhelm and give you confidence that you are actually better placed than you think you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

For anyone who is or has married this year, what are you doing for processional music? I am certain the song that I'll be walking down the aisle to, but our aisle is very short and I don't want things to feel drawn out. How long was/is your processional music?

Who has an entrance song for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

love_love wrote: »
    For anyone who is or has married this year, what are you doing for processional music? I am certain the song that I'll be walking down the aisle to, but our aisle is very short and I don't want things to feel drawn out. How long was/is your processional music?

If you're having a singer/musician they'll be able to cut to the end or just plan for a verse and a chorus to suit the length of the aisle. Anytime I'm doing a wedding, we have the whole song prepared but have our cuts (or repeats) ready to suit whenever everyone reaches the top of the aisle.

Otherwise if it's a track or something, you could edit that down or have it playing for a minute before anyone goes anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey guys,

Random but I got married last year and for those of you who didn't get an album as part of your photographer package, Photobox.ie have an offer today that you can buy credit to create photobooks for up to 60% off.

We did that in a sale just after our wedding and I was able to make the books up on my computer (it's very easy, it's drag and drop!) over the Christmas. We saved A LOT as we needed our main one, ones for parents and then some small softback ones for other family.

Of course the quality isn't as high as a professionally designed and printed album but I didn't want that anyway, I just wanted a coffee table book I knew I wouldn't mind if it got crumbs in, or sticky hands on!

We got the A4 Pro Layflat Photo Book and it's really great quality. Usually it's €160 for 90 pages of photos but it's only €62 if you buy the credit today. Bear in mind you only have 1 or 3 months to design and order it or you loose the credit but it's well, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

We're doing something a little bit different with the speeches in that the maid of honour is also going to say a speech, she knows us both best and I think it's a little old fashioned for the girls to sit back and that lads to do all the talking. Is this becoming more common or is it unusual? The two dad speeches are guaranteed to be short.

Getting married in Kinnity Castle in December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Alanhooly wrote: »
    We're doing something a little bit different with the speeches in that the maid of honour is also going to say a speech, she knows us both best and I think it's a little old fashioned for the girls to sit back and that lads to do all the talking. Is this becoming more common or is it unusual? The two dad speeches are guaranteed to be short.

Well we're not even having a bridal party so.... :)

We're each going to speak very briefly and give the parents the option also. We want to keep speeches to a minimum as we're trying to keep an informal an atmosphere as possible, but there will definitely be gender equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

We kept speeches to very minimim. May have lasted 10 minutes in total. Had them at drinks reception which I think worked well. But then I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Alanhooly wrote: »

I've seen tonnes of MOHs do speeches so no need to worry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

It's 3. more days and I'm having the worst wedding nerves ever. I can barely sleep, because I'm so nervous about something on the day going wrong. Guests are mostly his side, so I feel like there is some MAJOR pressure on me.
    Anyone got any tips against that kinda anxiety?

Advertisement