Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie, I've already swooned over your wedding video baby and crumble, ha!! You must have posted it last year when you got married, it's fab. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Ooops, sorry for the overshare! :o

I just can't say enough good things about Kevin, so easy to work with, so accomodating and so sound. And the video is just stunning, if I say so myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

baby and crumble, I don't think I've actually said but we've booked Little Bear for our day in 2019 - it's our biggest expense by far other than the venue, but I absolutely fell in love with your video and others, and couldn't get it out of my head! My OH has videos of himself from when he was a kid, and I am far more likely to watch video "memories" than to look back at photos, so I figured it was a justifiable expense. I couldn't find anyone else who lived up to his sentimental-without-being-cheesy style!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You 100% won't be disappointed, I promise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Getting married in 2 weeks. Am currently 15 weeks preggers. Tried on the dress to make sure it's all how it's ment to be. It's feeling a little too snug for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

MiliMe wrote: »
    Getting married in 2 weeks. Am currently 15 weeks preggers. Tried on the dress to make sure it's all how it's ment to be. It's feeling a little too snug for my liking.

Congraulations.

Still time to get the dress altered I'm sure. I would ring around as you don't want to be uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SheepGoHere

MiliMe wrote: »

Awh congrats, that's lovely! I hope the dress works out.

Anyone else have small feet, size 35 it now seems, and have desperate trouble looking for a comfortable shoe?

Help please if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Any recommendations for bridal jewellery? I’ve been looking on azurejewellery.ie. My godmother wants to buy my jewellery as a keepsake for me. The lady in the dress shop said a nice earring would suit my dress more than a chain. And I’m wearing a bracelet my fiancé bought me for my 21st so I don’t really need anything else. She wants to but the whole shebang for me and I really don’t need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Wellyd wrote: »
    Any recommendations for bridal jewellery? I’ve been looking on azurejewellery.ie. My godmother wants to buy my jewellery as a keepsake for me. The lady in the dress shop said a nice earring would suit my dress more than a chain. And I’m wearing a bracelet my fiancé bought me for my 21st so I don’t really need anything else. She wants to but the whole shebang for me and I really don’t need them.

My MIL gifted me blue topaz droplet earrings, they were very sweet and would suit someone with blue eyes. Also counted for my something blue!!

Pearl droplets would also be very nice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

nine days away now, everything just about lined up. Trying to list out all the small bits so we can just have them done and out of the way, any jobs given out an can go on semi autopilot for the week of rather than having to rush around!

Fingers crossed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Apologies for this been off topic. I'm going to a hotel civil ceremony in 2 weeks time, in terms of what one wears to these events, how casual can it be? I am a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I would imagine it's the same as a church wedding...maybe no jacket, just shirt, tie, trousers and shoes if you think it's likely to be a bit more casual but, to be honest, I don't think there's any difference clothes wise for different ceremony types :)

Apologies for this been off topic. I'm going to a hotel civil ceremony in 2 weeks time, in terms of what one wears to these events, how casual can it be? I am a man.

Dress as you would if you were going to a church wedding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'd dress the same as a church wedding - it's still a formal event!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Looking for advice on indoor wedding photo options around the Fermoy, Doneraile, Mallow, Castletownroche areas in County Cork

If the weather is good we will have our photos in Donerail park but we have no Plan B at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

I’m getting married tomorrow!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

SarahS2013 wrote: »

Enjoy every minute!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Well best of luck. X

You know you’re getting married this year when your mother makes your father put a new ceiling in the bathroom....

No, just me??

The woman has literally lost the plot!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 susb

I hope you had an incredible day SarahS2013!!!!!

• Advertisement

Back from my hen in Carrick on Shannon. And I genuinely think I’m going to die. I’m getting far too old for that many drinks! I would highly recommend up there though we had such a laugh but the four hour bus journey home yesterday can only be described as hell on Earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭WWMRD

You know you’re getting married this year when your mother makes your father put a new ceiling in the bathroom....

No, just me??

The woman has literally lost the plot!

Hahaha she must be related to mine! So far since we got engaged she has done the following to the house (most was not needed believe me!!)

New kitchen as in a whole new kitchen
    New kitchen table and chairs
    Two new giant clocks for living room
    New tiles in the hall stairs and landing (it's a bungalow with 8 steps up to bedrooms!)
    New bathroom tiles where the shower unit is
    Numerious new bed clothes and lamps for around the rooms
    Decking removed and slabbed all around the house
    Everywhere painted

And finally.......

A new car! A fecking 182!

She is off her rocker! Excited to say the least!

WWMRD wrote: »
    Hahaha she must be related to mine! So far since we got engaged she has done the following to the house (most was not needed believe me!!)

New kitchen as in a whole new kitchen
    New kitchen table and chairs
    Two new giant clocks for living room
    New tiles in the hall stairs and landing (it's a bungalow with 8 steps up to bedrooms!)
    New bathroom tiles where the shower unit is
    Numerious new bed clothes and lamps for around the rooms
    Decking removed and stabbing out down our the back
    Everywhere painted

And finally.......

A new car! A fecking 182!

She is off her rocker! Excited to say the least!

Other than the new car a lot of that sounds very familiar!
    A new kitchen, new bathrooms upstairs and down. Entire house painted top to bottom and new flooring and Landscaping in the garden. She has lost then run of herself! The worst thing about it all is my poor dad is doing ALL of the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭WWMRD

Other than the new car a lot of that sounds very familiar!
    A new kitchen, new bathrooms upstairs and down. Entire house painted top to bottom and new flooring and Landscaping in the garden. She has lost then run of herself! The worst thing about it all is my poor dad is doing ALL of the work!

Haha my dad is just nodding and agreeing and going with the flow while other do all the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Got my first RSVP today ☺️ completely unnecessary since I know she's booked into the hotel but sure look isn't this the formality of it all!

Got my first RSVP today ☺️ completely unnecessary since I know she's booked into the hotel but sure look isn't this the formality of it all!

How long did you leave for people to RSVP? I have my final proof of my invite and the printer said one month before the date which will give people 3or 4 weeks to get back to me.

I'm going back to school next week so I wanted to get them done and out of the way, and as a result they're out very early. Guests have five weeks to rsvp and rsvp date is 5 weeks before the wedding. We just gave phone numbers and an email on it. Barring people who were unsure whether or not they could attend, I don't see why you wouldn't just reply straight away? I'm now up to 7 attendees 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Barring people who were unsure whether or not they could attend, I don't see why you wouldn't just reply straight away? I'm now up to 7 attendees ����

You would think that!!! :pac:

We have half the replies back and sent the invites 2 weeks ago. Realistically we are going to be chasing people as some people seem to think "Shur you know I'm coming"

deisedude wrote: »
    You would think that!!! :pac:

We have half the replies back and sent the invites 2 weeks ago. Realistically we are going to be chasing people as some people seem to think "Shur you know I'm coming"

Aw stop I know, I just don't see the point of it! If you put it on the long finger you're ultimately going to forget, just reply already!

• Advertisement

Aw stop I know, I just don't see the point of it! If you put it on the long finger you're ultimately going to forget, just reply already!

Thank you, this is us at the minute.

RSVP date on Friday, FFS if we went to the trouble to send the invites and pay a fortune for stamps the least people can do is text or email. I really don't fancy chasing people who like that sure you know I'm coming.

Should have just stuck with the Whatasapp message.

ARRGH!

Advertisement