Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

parcels from china seem to be like buses. Nothing for ages then a couple come at once

And you can never trust the tracking info :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Mine arrived today. Ordered 18th June -
    Deadline was 19th July or I could have applied for a refund .
    I paid 3 dollars postage for 17-25 days

Delivered Today July 17. 

Jun 22, 2018
    09:43 pm
    Sent to airline空公司运输,计划航班号LH8415-978,计划起飞时间03:25china-post

Jun 20, 2018
    09:49 pm
    已Leaving parcel center【广东 Shenzhen (China) Received by China Post中心】, Next stop 处理中心china-post

深圳市
    Jun 20, 2018
    09:43 pm
    【广东 Shenzhen (China) Received by China Post中心】Customs scan by parcel centerchina-post

深圳市
    Jun 20, 2018
    08:41 pm
    【广东 Shenzhen (China) Received by China Post中心】Shipment received by parcel centerchina-post

深圳市
    Jun 19, 2018
    10:45 am
    物流订单已创建(速卖通平台)china-post

27 Days. CN post packet mail.

So at that rate my missing Yanwen(CNPost) order is due in another 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had a jersey delivered direct to dub in 12 days today from DHGate, not bad

What IS bad is that An Post seem to have slit the packet, nicked the jersey sellotaped the jersey and delivered me a piece of paper. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

2 recent items - 26 and 28 days. Looks like everything's going back to (miserable) norm. I hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I ordered a phone case Ebay on 22nd June that was supposedly coming from a UK warehouse. It shipped from China.

Postage was free. Winit 'tracking' showed it was picked up from the Chinese warehouse on 27/6 and handed over to China Post on 28/6, so 19 days to Ireland from then on.

sunbeam wrote: »
    I ordered a phone case Ebay on 22nd June that was supposedly coming from a UK warehouse. It shipped from China.

Postage was free. Winit 'tracking' showed it was picked up from the Chinese warehouse on 27/6 and handed over to China Post on 28/6, so 19 days to Ireland from then on.

Dispute it, free goods for you.

Unregistered Users

Some ebay sellers have 2 warehouses they ship from - one in the UK, one in China. And they often mention in the listing that items bought by UK based customers are being sent from UK warehouse, anyone else gets their purchases from China.

Back to topic - one more ali item arrived. 30 days this time.

99% of the "Item Location: UK" but actually in China use parcel forwarding services like these guys: http://www.gfsbiz.com/

They pay RM for 48hr priority to mask the transit time from CN.

Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    2 recent items - 26 and 28 days. Looks like everything's going back to (miserable) norm. [...]

Told ya so! :(:(:(

456284.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

Parcel from zapals, which was shipped on the 21st June, arrived today 23rd July.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

What happens if I order something from China to Parcel Motel UK and it gets hit by customs there? Will PM forward the bill?

sugarman wrote: »
    Ordered something off Aliexpress from a seller in Singapore, arrived in Ireland within 5 workings days. Its been with An Post now for 3 weeks with no update, its an absolute piss take.

Friend up North ordered the same item from the same seller, at same time and he had his within 7 working days.

Tracking information is totally unreliable on china items.

It takes 4 to 6 weeks, for items to get here. No way is it with An Post that long.
    What happens if I order something from China to Parcel Motel UK and it gets hit by customs there? Will PM forward the bill?

No, they will reject the item and send it back. Them services don't pay customs on your behalf.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    It takes 4 to 6 weeks, for items to get here. No way is it with An Post that long.

No. Utter bull****.

We've seen it, down as low as 9 days. CN UK is routinely 7-10 days. These items come with Lufthansa or other large carriers, Ireland doesn't have its own special paddy route on the back of a donkey.

ULDs get unloaded at DUB and then left in the cages until AP are bothered to sort it. Occams razor. Unless you think FRA are being kind and giving away free warehouse space.

corkie wrote: »
    No, they will reject the item and send it back. Them services don't pay customs on your behalf.
    What I meant was if PM would give me a chance to pay the duty by forwarding the customs bill to me?

EDIT: Turns out they would https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003110005-Can-I-purchase-goods-from-outside-the-EU-using-my-Parcel-Motel-Address-
    Might give that route a try next time I order something that I need soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

What I meant was if PM would give me a chance to pay the duty by forwarding the customs bill to me?

EDIT: Turns out they would https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003110005-Can-I-purchase-goods-from-outside-the-EU-using-my-Parcel-Motel-Address-
    Might give that route a try next time I order something that I need soon.

If the carrier informs us that they have a parcel on hold and they give us the correct details (your name and PMID) we will contact you with the relevant information so that you can organise payment.

That is a mighty big IF, I think it unlikely that this would work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yep waiting 4 months now one order, another 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

received a parcel today that only left china on the 20th according to the tracking.

eamonnq wrote: »
    If the carrier informs us that they have a parcel on hold and they give us the correct details (your name and PMID) we will contact you with the relevant information so that you can organise payment.

That is a mighty big IF, I think it unlikely that this would work out for you.
    Isn't it a standard procedure for any courier to deliver a import tax due notice?
    But no doubt this further increases chances of things going very wrong when using parcel forwarding, it's always plan B for me anyway.

HMRC have a far far lower detection rate than Revenue. Its a gamble but a safe enough one when entering through the UK.

Brexit may make changes there.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Another ali purchase came in. 33 days. Yanwen.

Unregistered Users

And 2 more. This time, surprise surprise, 14 and 16 days respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

11 days :eek:

Ordered 15th July from AliExpress seller, arrived yesterday on standard China Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

11 days :eek:

Ordered 15th July from AliExpress seller, arrived yesterday on standard China Post.

thats quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Package arrived in 4 days from China but sitting in customs since the 23rd. How long does it usually stay there or before you receive notification of duty? It's a Xiaomi mi box. Price was 50 euro. Cost will probably run to 70-80 euro in total if I get stung.

Send the invoice to dmc@revenue.ie with tracking number in the subject line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

ED E wrote: »

Cheers for that. Might speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ED E wrote: »

With PayPal receipt.

4 to 6 Weeks again, where ever the delay is caused!

Parcel Ordered: - 19th June
    Postage date on packet: - 21st June
    Tracking saying Departed country of origin: - 25th June
    Arrived today ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~: - 31st July

China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

• Advertisement

Forwarding via NL due to being a battery pack:

Mz8YKZ2.png

Yet to be seen. From NL but in CN style packaging so will be ignored to a similar degree.

Advertisement