Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

2 more. 19 and 13 days. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

Another item ordered on the Apr. 09, still waiting for.

Arrived today!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

spix wrote: »
    There seems to be massive delays with customs nowadays.

Usually when something is held, you will get a letter next day. If you send the documents by email that day, your parcel used to be out for delivery the next day.

Now things seem like they're held for 2-3 days before getting the letter then take another 2-3 days to go out for delivery after sending the email.

I've something that arrived in Ireland two weeks ago according to the Chinese tracking system. Have heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Seems to be speeding up on average now also noticed when ordering a flow gauge yesterday that ireland was 1.29 more expensive than uk with several suppliers where postage would have been the same a few months back. so I wonder if an post have negotiated a fairer terminal fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RedBullBabe

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I've something that arrived in Ireland two weeks ago according to the Chinese tracking system. Have heard nothing since.

Did it come?

My package arrived in Ireland on the 26th May, but I still haven't got it.

Wondering if it is stuck in customs, especially since the declared value was very low, as it was an item in a sale and greatly reduced than its original price.

• Advertisement

Order from the 2nd May arrived today.

For those looking at tracking which says arrived in Ireland, usually just means that it has been dispatched to get to Ireland, not that it is in Ireland. Unreliable tracking on some items. It can take up to another 2 weeks from the time it says arrived in Ireland.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

March 29 arrived today, package looking a little tatty. 68 Days.

Unregistered Users

ED E wrote: »
    [...] package looking a little tatty. 68 Days.
    Swallowed by snake perhaps? They waited at the other end until "natural release". ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RedBullBabe

Did it come?

My package arrived in Ireland on the 26th May, but I still haven't got it.

Wondering if it is stuck in customs, especially since the declared value was very low, as it was an item in a sale and greatly reduced than its original price.

26/05/2018
    Arrival at Destination Post (Country: IE)
    24/05/2018
    Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

Well I have dispatch and delivery info to Ireland. It just hasn't reached me yet, apparently.

@RedBullBabe Tracking info having it arrive Ireland in 2 days, didn't raise your suspicions of how unreliable the information provided is? :(

If shipped by DHL, yes maybe, but items from china post can take anything from 2 weeks to up to a month to arrive in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Often delays are waiting for it to pass through customs.

corkie wrote: »
    @RedBullBabe Tracking info having it arrive Ireland in 2 days, didn't raise your suspicions of how unreliable the information provided is? :(

If shipped by DHL, yes maybe, but items from china post can take anything from 2 weeks to up to a month to arrive in the country.

Says who?

Its a two part flight, a ULD can make it to Ireland easily within 48 hrs.

Guangzhou -> Novosibirsk -> Frankfurt (6Hrs, 6Hrs)
    Frankfurt -> Dublin (1.5Hrs)

None of those airports is storing mail for free, warehouse space isn't cheap.

ED E wrote: »
    Says who?

Its a two part flight, a ULD can make it to Ireland easily within 48 hrs.

Guangzhou -> Novosibirsk -> Frankfurt (6Hrs, 6Hrs)
    Frankfurt -> Dublin (1.5Hrs)

None of those airports is storing mail for free, warehouse space isn't cheap.

If your lucky and the package comes by Air and that route!

Mentioned a few times in thread the packages don't always take a direct route (bounced around and free post could be shipped instead of by flight.)
    eeguy wrote: »

I wouldn't give a seconds thought to tracking. You should factor in that shipping takes 4 to 5 weeks average from China.
    It arrives when it arrives:P

Ok, but mail to the UK from the same vendors takes 7-9 days. A ship takes 34 days and doesnt leave daily.

Ireland has its own super special route? Nah. We're following the same chains as everyone else, Hub'd at Frankfurt/Schipol and then onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Seems to be speeding up on average now also noticed when ordering a flow gauge yesterday that ireland was 1.29 more expensive than uk with several suppliers where postage would have been the same a few months back. so I wonder if an post have negotiated a fairer terminal fee.

Hmm. I doubt it somehow. I'd say it's more a case of the Chinese Sellers covering their losses on all the refunds given to Irish Buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Did it come?

Nope. Still waiting.

I have had a few items arrive within 2 weeks, but I also have a few items that I am waiting on since April.
    If people receive items, could they add the postal service and maybe the seller/store?

I think the delays are mainly on items shipped with HongKong Post via Belgium Post.

Unregistered Users

I'm... I'm...

...just speachless. :eek:

453348.png

Tracked, no signature required.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ordered an item from tmart.com on 27 May and it was delivered yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Those LZ/CN epacket's are flying in for me too, I've had a good for delivered recently all around the 7/8 day mark from leaving China to delivery in Ireland, although it's a somewhat quiet time of the year postage wise too, let's see how things go in a few months time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

paid for a phone Tuesday night - been delivered by DHL . Tracking number is available now . Expecting delivery early days next week :)

paid for a phone Tuesday night - been delivered by DHL . Tracking number is available now . Expecting delivery early days next week :)

Yes we know Goldway and DHL shipping is fast, this thread is more about people using free china post or cheaper shipping options.

Edit: - You should get two tracking codes from them, one for journey to UK first and then UK to you.

If you given the uk tracking code only, you sill still need to wait until the product gets to uk first. Might not see any movement on uk code for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Hi all,

I've had a search around the site but still have a coupla questions, sorry to be rehashing a topic that comes up a lot!

I ordered a phone with Aliexpress on May 28th, standard shipping. I definitely would've used DHL if I'd seen the fecking option, raging, I'm too impatient for this :)

The last update on the tracking was June 6th, saying it arrived in the destination country. From what I've read, this is probably bull, and it's still en route.

Just wondering how long is it currently taking between that status update (Singpost) and actual arrival?

I've seen some people saying 2 weeks, and others saying over a month, but these repleis are spread out over the past few years, so if anyone has a more recent order experience I'd love to hear it, thanks!

@RedBullGirl, did your order arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MJRS wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've had a search around the site but still have a coupla questions, sorry to be rehashing a topic that comes up a lot!

I ordered a phone with Aliexpress on May 28th, standard shipping. I definitely would've used DHL if I'd seen the fecking option, raging, I'm too impatient for this :)

The last update on the tracking was June 6th, saying it arrived in the destination country. From what I've read, this is probably bull, and it's still en route.

Just wondering how long is it currently taking between that status update (Singpost) and actual arrival?

I've seen some people saying 2 weeks, and others saying over a month, but these repleis are spread out over the past few years, so if anyone has a more recent order experience I'd love to hear it, thanks!

@RedBullGirl, did your order arrive yet?

2 weeks would be unusual. Closer to a month.

2 weeks would be unusual. Closer to a month.

Up to 2 weeks after it lands in Ireland and has to clear customs though.
    Closer to a month from payment to door.

Thanks folks! I'm assuming that the 2 weeks after it lands in Ireland hasn't even started yet, despite the "arrived in destination country" status?

Lesson learned for my next AliExpress order anyway!

Since I ordered on May 28th, I'm guessing I shouldn't be waiting by the post box until towards the end of the month, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks folks! I'm assuming that the 2 weeks after it lands in Ireland hasn't even started yet, despite the "arrived in destination country" status?

Since I ordered on May 28th, I'm guessing I shouldn't be waiting by the post box until towards the end of the month, sigh.

If it is something you want urgently then pay for DHL. I never do because i'm never in a hurry for what i order from AE and when they turn up it is a nice surprise.

You're 100% right, I just missed the tiny little arrow with the delivery options :(

Z36RgB4.png

'Arrived in destination country' could mean Belgium, Netherlands, UK etc.
    They often ship to those (and other) countries first and then forward from them.
    So for example, it may have landed in Belgium (1st destination Country) and is then forwarded to Ireland, where it may get stopped by customs, and that can take up to two weeks.
    Belgium to Ireland should only be a couple of days.

You could try tracking it on
    https://www.17track.net/ or http://trackitonline.ru/

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! 17track is giving me this:

Destination : Ireland

Origin : Singapore
    2018-06-05 00:00 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: IE)

2018-06-03 00:00 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

I also recently read that An Post deliveries are more likely to get stopped by customs than DHL, which is upsetting haha. I have no problem paying the customs fees if needed, just don't want the extra delay :P

No one to blame but my impatient self!

Advertisement