Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I just had 3 things delivered this morning that were shipped on 21/09 - tracking details never updated since leaving china until they went "delivered" today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ordered something from the States that shipped on the 12th of September, tracked with USPS. Left the States on the 19th, no updates since. An Post said it hasn't been scanned and isn't in customs. I understand delays etc, but that's a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

two items:

1. Value 20E. Shipped from Singapore on 15th Sept. Arrived Dublin 29th Sept and no updates since

2. Value <5E. Shipped from China 23rd Sept. Arrived Dublin 5th Oct. At customs. No updates since

Incidentally both small packages. Other larger packages I ordered after or around the same time have been delivered. Either way, An Post and Customs here showing the utmost disregard for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Came home to a surprise...11 envelopes with phone cases and Apple Watch bands I had ordered from wish, ebay and AliExpress over a period from August 16th to September 24th...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shn99 wrote: »
    Came home to a surprise...11 envelopes with phone cases and Apple Watch bands I had ordered from wish, ebay and AliExpress over a period from August 16th to September 24th...

Pre 11.11 clearout in An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Bought drone and 2smart watches on 11/10 watches arrived yesterday, just praying drone gets through UK customs

d6mikGB.png

Will have five packages in the pipeline soon. Probably be a nice surprise just before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I have a packet which is showing on An Post tracking as being "ITEM IN TRANSIT TO SENDER" from the Dublin 12 Mail Centre since Monday. Is it likely this has been stopped by Customs for duty? If so does anyone have the email to send the receipt to? I haven't received any notification yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I have a packet which is showing on An Post tracking as being "ITEM IN TRANSIT TO SENDER" from the Dublin 12 Mail Centre since Monday. Is it likely this has been stopped by Customs for duty? If so does anyone have the email to send the receipt to? I haven't received any notification yet.

If it's not item in transit to customer it's usually states sent to customs from the mail centre, but "transit to sender" is more likely a return to China?

A list of prohibited items to check for any possible infringement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Could it be that part of the delivery address is missing? Does it show in the tracking as been out for delivery at all or customs? I would think if it was a prohibited item they will just destroy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭corkie

Micro SDCard ordered on the 9th from Aliexpress (Handled by Ali..).

Shipped on the 10th arrived today the 26th.

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RB631446770SG

^^^ According to that it arrived in the country twice? Shows the unreliability of tracking info.

2 Weeks turn around, that must be a record for An Post?

Hopefully this turns out to be a reliable card, unlike my previous cheap faulty brand I ordered (Dispute settled in my favor).

Edit:- Tested the Card today (Saturday) seems reliable enough.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

nava wrote: »
    Could it be that part of the delivery address is missing? Does it show in the tracking as been out for delivery at all or customs? I would think if it was a prohibited item they will just destroy it.

It's just a Smart Plug ~ €20 value so it's not prohibited. I thought maybe it was a ramdom customs check as they thought it might have been over the €23 threshold. I bought it from AliExpress and my address (which I've got many things delivered to successfully) is saved there so it's all very strange. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll double-check the order and address again just in case.

I think I had something similar, when there was nobody to sign at the door for the item. Where it was returned to depot. Contact An Post and see if it is back there. (I had a failed delivery note in the door at the time).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Just rang An Post there. They said there was an issue with the address, must have got smudged or ripped or something. Anyway it's on it's way back to the sender. FFS! I didn't cop the "Sender" bit on the tracking, makes sense now though

Just rang An Post there. They said there was an issue with the address, must have got smudged or ripped or something. Anyway it's on it's way back to the sender. FFS! I didn't cop the "Sender" bit on the tracking, makes sense now though

Contact the aliexpress seller first, and inform them of the item been returned, you may need to open a dispute before your purchase protection runs out, if you get no response from the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mary Quigley

Ordered an item, money taken from my account on the 15th of October, it's now the 39th of October,no package even though it was shipped from China on the 19th, very dissapointed especially when they were quick to take my money

Ordered an item, money taken from my account on the 15th of October, it's now the 39th of October,no package even though it was shipped from China on the 19th, very dissapointed especially when they were quick to take my money

More than likely in Ireland. I’ve a phone stand coming from wish that’s been here since October 3rd. Typical AP

Oct 24, 2018
    08:21 am
    已 Sent to airline空公司运输china-post

深圳市
    Oct 18, 2018
    04:32 am
    【广东 Shenzhen (China) Received by China Post中心】Shipment received by parcel centerchina-post

深圳市
    Oct 17, 2018
    09:32 am
    物流订单已创建(速卖通平台)china-post
    DELIVERED DUBLIN 14
    30-Oct-18
    12:49
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY DUBLIN 14
    30-Oct-18
    07:03
    ITEM RECEIVED DUBLIN 14
    30-Oct-18
    06:03

That was surprisingly quick. CP Small packet by air.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

2 deliveries last week.

10 days (EMS)

and 13 days (ordinary China post).

One still in limbo (2 months today) despite being sent to UK address (parcelwizard) to speed up delivery! LOL!

Obviously dispute opened, refund issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Waiting for package from Russia. Posted 19 October.
    Aftership shows the following tracking information.
    Presume I have another while to wait?

45344501_10161205647830089_4886789372499722240_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=8aea0e4be0697aff4e1f6f84396e6dea&oe=5C72F90A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

No

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Waiting for package from Russia. Posted 19 October.
    Aftership shows the following tracking information.
    Presume I have another while to wait?

Looking at the screenshot, shows as Delivered on the top, did you check the status in the AnPost website.

nava wrote: »
    Looking at the screenshot, shows as Delivered on the top, did you check the status in the AnPost website.

Those statuses seem to say delivered whenever the package arrives in Ireland.
    Monday 29 October was a bank holiday and I was home all day.

It can't be tracked on the An Post website - when I put the reference I get this response
    " Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered.

Please check you have entered the correct tracking number. However, it is possible that we may not yet have received your item. Please try tracking your item again later. "

The Track17 tracking info says

2018-10-29 14:00
    Ireland, IEDUBA, Processing of international mail, Processing by designated postal operator

2018-10-29 10:52
    Ireland, DUB, Carrier processing, Delivered

Does it use a standard format tracking ID? eg: RY10101010101RU

ED E wrote: »
    Does it use a standard format tracking ID? eg: RY10101010101RU

It uses RA000000000RU

Rang An Post who were able to check another internal-only site that says the package was in Zurich on 29 October and has not arrived in their system yet. Or it may be at Customs.....

I will give it until end of week and then ask sender to initiate trace via Russian Post (An Post suggested this)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Nearly the start of silly season but I've noticed a slowdown in epackets the past few weeks, usually 7 to 10 days but coming in at 15/18 on the last 3 for me. I wonder will 11:11 cripple anpost again this year with packages arriving In January or will they pull out the fingers this time around.

Package from Russia delivered this afternoon.
    19 October - 8 November (20 days).

Anyone ordering from Aliexpress this weekend as part of the 11.11 sale? Is it worth taking the risk to order christmas presents or will they take forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Shn99 wrote: »
    Anyone ordering from Aliexpress this weekend as part of the 11.11 sale? Is it worth taking the risk to order christmas presents or will they take forever?

Had a look at my 11.11 orders last year and most arrived after Christmas but about a third came before Christmas so its the luck of the draw really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Not China - but is anyone having issues ordering from the States?

I ordered an item on 29 October and got the last tracking update (In Transit to Next Facility) from USPS on 4 November - nothing is showing up with An Post. Nothing has arrived yet.

I ordered another small item on 3 November and got the last tracking update (In Transit to Next Facility) from USPS on 8 November - nothing is showing up with An Post, but it was delivered today.

Could the first item be in Customs or has it gone walkabout?

And what''s happening with the An Post tracking?

Cheers for any help!

Advertisement