Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

An Post is a phucking disaster and unfit for purpose..even items sent from UK are taking a week to arrive.
    Little wonder we can't get a national broadband scheme here...150 years after it's introduction we still don't even have an efficient postal service :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Ordered on 4th August, Sent 5th August and just got mail saying package has arrived in destination country and with local post. Sounds too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭corkie

Zapals Order 20th June
    Posted on the Same date. [HKPOST]

Arrived today. 8 Weeks later,

well outside the 4 to 6 weeks expectancy period.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,213 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My last 5 from china have ranged from 14 to 27 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’m waiting for a small package. It’s a watch buckle. Was supposed to be mailed on the 25th or June. I’d say it’s lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Forwarding via NL due to being a battery pack:

Mz8YKZ2.png

Yet to be seen. From NL but in CN style packaging so will be ignored to a similar degree.

Aug 14, 2018
    11:50 am
    DELIVERED an-post
    DUBLIN

Jul 29, 2018
    02:12 pm
    Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centrepostnl-international

Jul 24, 2018
    06:30 am
    The item is ready for shipment

24 Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A phone case purchased on the 29th of July delivered on the 14th of August.
    Via Singapore post. Not bad at all . That's 15 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Think I've just had my fastest ever. Phone case from mainland China ordered via aliexpress on Thursday 16th, arrived at my house in Dublin today. One week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ebay purchase this time. Delighted! :)

459539.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,213 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ebay purchase this time. Delighted! :)

459539.png

EMS post has always been faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Two weeks two days through Addresspal for the last item and this morning i got direct delivery purchased on 16 August. Shocked!! Still waiting for another item - one month and counting...
    Its more miss than hit with Anpost. So more expensive and urgent items i send through Addresspal

Tracking for Item supposedly in the country?
    Arrive at destination country

2018-09-06 04:13:04 [GMT+8]

-Arrival at Destination (Country: IE)

2018-09-05 15:01:00 [GMT+8]

Depart from transit country or district

2018-09-03 08:10:06 [GMT+8]

-Despatched to OverSeas Postal Admin (From SG/SIN to IE/DUB)

2018-09-03 05:03:01 [GMT+8]

.... Tracking info truncated ......

Waiting for pickup

2018-08-29 13:02:11 [GMT+8]

Ordered on the 27th

AliExpress Standard Shipping

Estimated Delivery Time:17-25 Days

I wonder how long more before delivery?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Above packaged arrived.

Tracking was update at the start of week, so the last report of it been in Ireland was for the transit country.

Within the 4 to 6 weeks expected time frame for deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

33 Days. CN post untracked.

I just ordered 3 small packets. Wish me luck! The last small packet I ordered never arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

mad muffin wrote: »
    I just ordered 3 small packets. Wish me luck!
    Good luck to ya! :D
    mad muffin wrote: »
    The last small packet I ordered never arrived.
    Never say never. I got one after 6 or 7 months, already forgot I bought it (and got a refund too). :cool:

joujoujou wrote: »
    Good luck to ya! :D
    Never say never. I got one after 6 or 7 months, already forgot I bought it (and got a refund too). :cool:

To be fair though. From all the stuff I’ve ordered from China that was only the second one not to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Things have been arriving quite quickly for me, some as quickly as two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

ordered pcb from Singapore:
    2018-09-15 14:23:00 Shipment arrived at destination country. and now sign of this package.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

Ordered 30/08, been in Ireland since the 19/9 but no sign of it getting delivered to my home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Sono wrote: »
    Ordered 30/08, been in Ireland since the 19/9 but no sign of it getting delivered to my home.

Same with phone cases ive ordered from wish, been in ireland since the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Defenite black hole after opening up somewhere on the way from China to Ireland. Have 3 goody bags in it. The oldest since 9 August. No tracking, just seller reporting dispatch on that date.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Things seem to be grinding to a halt again for some reason

Slowing people down from bulk orders for Xmas maybe for selling on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Item posted in China on 14th of August arrived today...An Post go slow on again by the look of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

I seem to have the same issue, item arrived in Dublin airport at the start of September and nothing since.

Funny thing is the items I ordered on the same day for €1 have been delivered but the item which cost €50 is held up, lesson learned in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I'm wondering if the delays are delivery unit specific, my stuff comes via Swords (Dublin) depot.

I've received two orders this week that were shipped on September 11th, three weeks ago. Have been fairly consistent for the last six months, or I've been very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I'm wondering if the delays are delivery unit specific, my stuff comes via Swords (Dublin) depot.

I've received two orders this week that were shipped on September 11th, three weeks ago. Have been fairly consistent for the last six months, or I've been very lucky.

Possibly

I saw someone a few weeks ago on twitter mention that they were told by An Post customer services that Dublin 8 had a weeks delay on packets basically because they were getting overwhelmed by a huge number of packets

• Advertisement

Item in Ireland since the 19th and now updated that it’s in Dublin mail centre so should have it on Monday.

Advertisement