Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ordered CD from the US on Sunday. It arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

otherfrog wrote: »
    ...And what''s happening with the An Post tracking?

While I haven't had any significant delays on tracked Chinese shipments via An Post for months, I think only one has showed up on their tracking in that time.

Around another 20 have just turned up in a around two weeks or so, but are never scanned/tracked once they reach Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Thanks folks.

The item that arrived yesterday was just in a padded envelope and after having a read back through previous posts - it seems there's a chance that larger packages, like the one I'm waiting on, may be sitting around Portlaoise waiting to be scanned/processed for Customs duty/VAT.

Hopefully that's all it is, as it's a birthday present (to myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

otherfrog wrote: »
    Thanks folks.

The item that arrived yesterday was just in a padded envelope and after having a read back through previous posts - it seems there's a chance that larger packages, like the one I'm waiting on, may be sitting around Portlaoise waiting to be scanned/processed for Customs duty/VAT.

Hopefully that's all it is, as it's a birthday present (to myself!)

My Russian package (see previous page) only appeared on the An Post tracking the evening before delivery despite having arrived in Ireland 10 days beforehand. It must have been stuck in a cage full of unscanned parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Usually stuff from Japan goes very quickly (up to 10 days). Not this time, surprisingly.

465802.png

Even Chinese one was quicker. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oct 27, 2018
    06:41 pm
    Received by China Post中心】Customs scan by parcel center

Oct 27, 2018
    06:22 pm
    Received by China Post中心】Shipment received by parcel center

DELIVERED DUBLIN 14
    09-Nov-18
    11:58
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY DUBLIN 14
    09-Nov-18
    08:14
    ASSIGNED DELIVERY ROUTE DUBLIN 14
    09-Nov-18
    06:24
    ITEM RECEIVED DUBLIN 14
    09-Nov-18

Look at that.

Things flowing normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Hi all,

In case anyone runs into the same thing - today I got the package that shipped from the States on the 29 October - it went through Customs.

Not a thing showing on the An Post tracking page.

So the tracking works on the USPS side, but not a thing once it arrives in Ireland.

Yanwen:
    Dispatched 26th Oct
    Arrived Yesterday

CN Post:
    Dispatched 27th Oct
    Arrived Yesterday

17/16 days is fine. Loving this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Ordered three phone screens from China and Hong Kong between September 13th and 16th, each one from a different seller

Delivery dates were Oct 10th, Oct 22nd and Nov 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Ordered 10x screen protectors on 11/11, here today. Record

• Advertisement

Shn99 wrote: »
    Ordered 10x screen protectors on 11/11, here today. Record

tenor.gif?itemid=4824465

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭corkie

One of my 11/11 order's delivered today!

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LVS1371692017314897

Shipped by Turkey Post!

A replacement battery for my Nexus 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

There must be a big container of epackets sitting up somewhere, I've 5 packages on the way, all sent around the 7/11 and no sign of yet, but I've had ordinary chinapost packets sent on 15/11 arrive over the past few day's. Normally its the opposite way around

Another one of my 11/11 orders arrived.

China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

The strange thing is I had another order on the same flight (tracking info), that didn't arrive with it, so maybe Monday for that parcel.

Unregistered Users

Even through UK is significantly quicker than usual. Had one sent to Parcel Wizard - 6 days in total, regular post. :eek:

the e-packet service seems to be the best value / best speed combo from what I've seen.

mainly available on aliexpress but not on all items.

Black Friday Nov 23rd Order delivered today (10 Dec).

AliExpress Standard Shipping

Still waiting on 3 other 11/11 orders. And another Black Friday order.

What is strange, is a delivery that was suppose to be on the same flight as a product I already received, has not arrived yet. I know you can not believe in tracking info.

Chinese Post, Yanwen, Shipping via Turkey now (Sweden used to be a biggun)
    Package status: In transit
    Destination: Unknown
    Origin: Turkey
    2018-12-06 16:22 Destination Country, Item arrived to destination country.
    2018-12-05 16:00 Turkey, ISTANBUL, Item was uplifted to flight to destination country.
    2018-12-04 11:00 İSTANBUL(AVR), BAŞAKŞEHİR, Item Forwarded to Destination Country
    2018-12-01 23:19 Origin, Item departed from origin
    2018-11-27 19:14 Origin, Item is at agent warehouse
    2018-11-26 13:29 Origin, Item Is Ready for Ship

Not delivered yet. Curious as to when it'll get through.

Saturday delivery (15th Dec) of one of my 11/11 orders

China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

Still missing one parcel from that date, feeling it is lost in transit, because it was suppose to be on the same flight as one of my received parcels.

Edit: - Had another parcel delivered during the week (Tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Got a package today that was shipped two weeks ago :eek:

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Just checked my ali account.

Looks like all 11.11 orders already arrived.

Now, 3 out of 10 Black Friday purchases arrived as well.

7 and 9 days items sent by Dutch Post and Singapore Post and 16 days one China Post (door to door tracked). Not bad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I ordered something there two weeks ago. Wasn't expecting it until mid Jan, but apparently it's touched down in Ireland as of yesterday. Wonder how long it'll take to be delivered from there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Won’t be here before Xmas anyway, huge delays at AP. Parcels being prioritized at the mo. I’m guessing all the Chinese packages will be thrown in a container until after Xmas

Shn99 wrote: »
    Won’t be here before Xmas anyway, huge delays at AP. Parcels being prioritized at the mo. I’m guessing all the Chinese packages will be thrown in a container until after Xmas

Oh definitely not. I'm mostly surprised it made it here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Ordered something from an Aliexpress seller on December 18th, wasn't in a hurry for it so selected standard China Post small packet option. Fully expected it to take ages to arrive what with Xmas and the issues that An Post have had and are still having.

It arrived two days ago, January 2nd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ordered something from an Aliexpress seller on December 18th, wasn't in a hurry for it so selected standard China Post small packet option. Fully expected it to take ages to arrive what with Xmas and the issues that An Post have had and are still having.

It arrived two days ago, January 2nd :D

It’s the luck of the draw really. I ordered something from Ali on the 8th of Dec. it arrived to Ireland via Singapore post on the 18th of Dec. still waiting for it to show up on an post tracking.

mad muffin wrote: »
    It’s the luck of the draw really. I ordered something from Ali on the 8th of Dec. it arrived to Ireland via Singapore post on the 18th of Dec. still waiting for it to show up on an post tracking.

Yep. Same day as mine arrived here, no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mad muffin wrote: »

I ordered something on the 5th of December but it hasn't even departed China yet according to the tracking. Looks like it got caught in a loop :D
    2018-12-08 04:42 Leave "Shenzhen Center", Next stop "Shenzhen Center"
    Annoying though. It's something I actually want. Part of me is hoping the tracking is broken and it'll arrive some morning.

Unregistered Users

Two items arrived today. Both China Post, both fully tracked. 9 days and 38 days respectively.

• Advertisement

I actually have a question, this is the first time I've ordered from Aliexpress and it's had a tracking number. Will that number show up in An Post when they do scan it?

Also, would it be scanned before it goes to customs, or could it be held up in customs without me actually knowing it's there.

Advertisement