Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

my3cents wrote: »
    He said two cages didn't sound like much but because all the items were tiny about envelope size there were thousands of then.

I was told that a bag of "traditional" packages could be done in 5 minutes approx but it could 20 minutes to do a bag of Chinese packages .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This only makes sense if the auto-sorters aren't processing them. That seems nuts. Its a different machine to mail sorters but its all possible.

AFAIK the only manual sorting should come in at the DU where they split the mail into postmens routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

Package ordered and Shipped on 28 March Arrived --- 29 Days!

Package of 20 Batteries LR44 got for € 1,61

Typical something I Don't need to use for awhile arrives promptly!

The next item ordered on 13/4 needs to use them as well. Also now waiting on something ordered 9/4.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Also advice to anyone ordering from Dublin, make sure to put your area code on your address e.g Lucan would be Dublin 22. This make sure it goes straight to that area rather than being sent to Dublin hub and redistributed to Dublin 22 for example again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I think regardless of your address it still comes through the DMC after it arrives in ireland, and then gets sent to the local sorting office. I would have postcode eg D3 on packages but everything always shows it's first scan at the DMC before going to the local sort office.

I had an ali package posted on the 4th received on the 25th which has been quickest recently. Aside from that I've been asking sellers to send by epacket which seemed to work out a bit quicker too

• Advertisement

2018-04-19 16:47
    Fujian Zhangpu Receiving and forwarding center, has left, the next station processing center

2018-04-19 11:54
    Fujian Zhangpu Receiving and forwarding center, has been sealed

2018-04-19 11:53
    Fujian Zhangpu Receiving and forwarding center, received

2018-04-18 09:01
    Logistics order has been created (fast selling platform)
    Arrived Today. 14 Days.

March 30th still outstanding :cool:

20 Days (inc BHol)

30th March still outstanding.

Another, 23 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ordered a bulky item from China to Parcel Wizard (UK) with Tariff Insurance on the 2nd of May.
    Ordered the same item from the same place to my home address in Ireland on the 6th of May.

Item ordered on the 6th of May arrived today, no hassle.
    Item ordered to UK on 2nd of May only cleared customs yesterday, so still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Unbelievable! :eek:

450817.png

• Advertisement

2x 17 Days.

Above STILL outstanding. Seller refuses to accept it as lost and has extended protection......le sigh.

Item ordered 13th April arrived today!

Sender Signature date : - 19 April.

Approx 32 Days since ordered.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Unregistered Users

Another one arrived. 13 days, untracked!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered 28 April. Arrived untracked 18 May

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Ordered 3rd March, shipped 4th March untracked. Arrived Today, 18th May.. 76 days.

I notice an increasing number of Chinese sellers no longer shipping to Ireland - presumably as a result of having to issue refunds for delayed/presumed missing deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Three deliveries received today, two shipped less than three weeks ago from China.

The other was shipped on January 2nd, had given up on it, but hadn't bothered claiming non-delivery as it was only a couple of euros worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I ordered a little necklace for the missus on 24/11/2017 and it arrived during the week. The seller (banggood) had previously refunded the cost about 3 months ago so when I went to their website to advise of the delivery and ask how I could now pay it wouldnt allow me to proceed until I uploaded a video of it.

Ah well, I tried!

muffler wrote: »
    I ordered a little necklace for the missus on 24/11/2017 and it arrived during the week.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I'm pretty much caught up now, one thing allegedly arrived at the end of April I'm still waiting on, everything else seems to be getting through at a reasonable pace.

One weird one though, the package is showing as "delivered to Killaloe, Co. Clare". I am in Dublin ?!

Unregistered Users

You've got someone else's tracking number. Report it to ali.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Yet another item arrived. Tracked, 17 days.

451286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

joujoujou wrote: »
    You've got someone else's tracking number. Report it to ali.

Done and I received my own order yesterday. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have a lot of stuff back on the delayed list.. I thought it was all coming through at normal speed. I haven't received anything since the large item (speedpost) on the 15th, and hadn't received anything before that for over a week.

I have orders in March and April that I am waiting on, many of them from stores that normally deliver quite fast.

20 Days

Unregistered Users

19 days. :)

Unregistered Users

Another one, 17 days. I really hope that's new reality, not an exception. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

There seems to be massive delays with customs nowadays.

Usually when something is held, you will get a letter next day. If you send the documents by email that day, your parcel used to be out for delivery the next day.

Now things seem like they're held for 2-3 days before getting the letter then take another 2-3 days to go out for delivery after sending the email.

Item ordered on the 8th of Month arrived today, paid a little extra so it did come by free slow post.

Stupid Registered mail, had to collect from the depot, because was listening to music when the postman called.

Should not have bothered paying extra for delivery, because someone ordered the same item on the 6th and received it last week.

Another item ordered on the Apr. 09, still waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

received something today that i only ordered on the 14th of this month.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

15 days. The fact is, very short waiting times led me to buy more and more stuff. :D

Advertisement