Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Singapore Post item today, shipped I assume March 10th by codes in the barcode (SGO180310.....). Untracked.

Much better than normal for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

3 of mine from various dates between 3rd and 26th February appeared together in Cork DSU yesterday. Something moving alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's a decent feelgood lifehack.

Order random cheap stuff from China, and give yourself lots of little surprise gifts throughout the year :D

I have forgotten most of what I have ordered, and I would have forgotten them all only I had to login to all the sites to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

For myself, I've never ordered anything direct from China that I need urgently, so how long it takes to arrive doesn't overly worry me, just so long as it arrives at all. If I was ordering anything for, say, a Christmas present, I'd be doing it in late Summer, probably.

Touch wood and all that, but I've never ordered something from China which failed to arrive, but I have had things from the UK and US fail to show up at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

This post has been deleted.
    styron wrote: »
    Av summer temp around 40C surprised it hasn't come back as a bar!

They had melted into mush and re-hardened again and were totally unrecognisable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭corkie

Zapals order arrived in 43 Days! (6 Weeks). << Within the estimated time frame.

Still waiting on aliexpress 18/2 order, supposedly in the country since 11/03!

So it kind of shows that delays are with AnPost, not Zapals.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

corkie wrote: »
    Zapals order arrived in 43 Days! (6 Weeks). << Within the estimated time frame.

Still waiting on aliexpress 18/2 order, supposedly in the country since 11/03!

So it kind of shows that delays are with AnPost, not Zapals.

An Post have admitted in an email to one of the posters on here, that it can take up to a month for delivery of parcels from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

whiterebel wrote: »
    An Post have admitted in an email to one of the posters on here, that it can take up to a month for delivery of parcels from outside the EU.

I think there are definitely different categories when it comes to those countries outside the EU and that it's much more likely for that whole month (or more, often) to elapse when you're talking about Russia or China rather than the US or Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Ordered new cover for tablet from Gearbest on 28/03. Arrived in Ireland on 04/04, registered with Netherlands Post. Thats nine days to reach Ireland which I think is great. Interesting to see how long till I receive..

Package arrived today. 16 days from date of order from Gearbest

Glebee wrote: »
    Package arrived today. 16 days from date of order from Gearbest

The backlog does not seem to be effecting orders from March onwards.
    I have ordered a few items from other sites too, and all arrived pretty quickly.

The main delays were/are from items caught between 11/11 and roughly the end of February I believe.
    Unfortunately it means that some items on the bottom of the pile are having a tough time seeing daylight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Suckit wrote: »
    The main delays were/are from items caught between 11/11 and roughly the end of February I believe.
    Unfortunately it means that some items on the bottom of the pile are having a tough time seeing daylight.

Sounds about right.

I had twelve orders from early January outstanding, nine of them have now turned up in the last week or so.

An order that left China on April 2nd arrived today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Got one yesterday.

49 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I'm caught up to 10th February orders now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I order stuff from a Chinese site called shootjerseys.cc// and I got two messages in the past few months one was to say there was no post

The dates I got messages from the seller on WhatsApp were between the 8th of February to 25th of February due to the Chinese spring festival and also I received a message saying Post was stopped due to the “Irish snow disaster “ which lasted a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Stuff ordered lately is arriving quickly - as in within about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jk23 wrote: »
    I order stuff from a Chinese site called shootjerseys.cc// and I got two messages in the past few months one was to say there was no post

The dates I got messages from the seller on WhatsApp were between the 8th of February to 25th of February due to the Chinese spring festival and also I received a message saying Post was stopped due to the “Irish snow disaster “ which lasted a week

I've always used parcel motel for orders from shootjerseys as I don't trust An Post with them plus I'm guaranteed that they'll arrive within 10 days at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I've always used parcel motel for orders from shootjerseys as I don't trust An Post with them plus I'm guaranteed that they'll arrive within 10 days at most.

Did you order soccer jerseys? Jackets/hoodies? How were the sizes for you?...

Wireless speaker ordered on the 23rd of January arrived today, as did a 6-in-1 puzzle that was ordered on the 26th of January.
    A few items ordered at the start of this month also arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Two orders on March 21st arrived today. That's definitely the quickest I've gotten anything in years!

March 29 - April 17 : Not bad. CN Post, Small packet by air.

Note:
    Seems brazil is having issues too
    This shipping way is recommended by aliexpress team, it usually needs 20-60 days for its delivery but except for Brazil. it will takes around 60-90days if your country is Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

The stuff has been arriving regularly now. Ive received a couple of items a week for the last 2 weeks . Since they were all ordered at very different dates over the last 3 months , I suspect this is the fault of An Post whos been stockpiling them and seems to be behaving as though theyre releasing them all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭corkie

Package ordered 18th February arrived!

I know during the Chinese hols, was processed the following week.

1443_05609619434649608_360.jpg

For size of the above, it was well packaged in a over long tube of bubble-wrap and a black wrapping over that.

Had a shipment date of 2018-3-2 (on package), incorrect tracking had it in the country by 2018-03-11.
    48 days for it to be delivered, there was a week left in PP from aliexpress, which happened to be extend by seller today.

Last item from before march orders.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I ordered something on the 15th of March - it arrived today.

Items ordered 23rd March arrived a week and a half ago. So maybe mid March was the end of the 'add-that-to-the-pile' in AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Suckit wrote: »
    So maybe mid March was the end of the 'add-that-to-the-pile' in AnPost.

I'm still waiting for three things ordered in February and one thing ordered in early-mid March.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for three things ordered in February and one thing ordered in early-mid March.

Yeah, I am still waiting on items ordered in January and March... :(

I will be glad when everything is up to date. Two of the items ordered in January are Quick Charge adaptors, I was not in a hurry for but never thought they would take this long. I ordered another (same model from same site) on Easter Sunday and it arrived last week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Various coverage about An Post's financial returns mentioned they had improved the termination fees deal which may make it slightly more beneficial to sort inbound post from abroad... however, it didn't state it was with China

Basically the deals for handling international post to final delivery really fall apart when you receive way more than you send.

Two items arrived today. Both were ordered at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Ordered 31st March, arrived today.

Delivery times definitely seem to be improving.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

ED E wrote: »
    Two tracked CN post items have been dispatched from hubs. Will monitor.

Anyone had mail to the UK (PM/AP) from CN via TNT? Looks like the seller might have used a trans shipping service from an EU hub but its not clear.
    ED E wrote: »
    Seems it never got scanned, but:
    29 Mar Ordered
    30 Mar Shipped
    4 Apr Dublin Scan
    5 Apr In Motel

€2 for shipping, €3.99 for PM. Bypassing An Post: Priceless.

Seller confirmed it was China to UK. TNT 48 is the dogs proverbials.

Of the two CN items:
    1. Arrived 17th March
    2. Is still outstanding

Maybe the cages in the DMC are still capturing some inbound stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I spoke to my postman about this again yesterday and his story was that last week his local depot was sent out from Dublin two of the big cages of stuff from China. Good and bad, good they were shifting it but it was suppose to have been sorted so badly that half of it wasn't even for the area and had to be sent back to be sorted yet again.

He said two cages didn't sound like much but because all the items were tiny about envelope size there were thousands of then.

Advertisement