Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Aliexpress order shipped 26th January via China free post arrived in my letterbox today 28th March.
    Hopeful another 2 orders placed early January are not too far behind them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RossieMan wrote: »
    They cant even pay all the staff they have here, never mind expanding. They are struggling massively, only one way they are going im afraid.

It would pay for itself and provide more money here. They could get talks started over there. I would think it is definitely something worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Suckit wrote: »
    It would pay for itself and provide more money here. They could get talks started over there. I would think it is definitely something worth looking at.

It could, if AP was an agile and adaptive organization. But pigs could fly and all that.....

Approaching two and a half months now waiting on stuff from Ali. Longest I've ever waited even including the Christmas period. Normally I wouldn't mind but it's a load of stuff for a 30th birthday and I'm under pressure for time now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Approaching two and a half months now waiting on stuff from Ali. Longest I've ever waited even including the Christmas period. Normally I wouldn't mind but it's a load of stuff for a 30th birthday and I'm under pressure for time now

Seems to be flowing now...have got some Ali stuff from early January in the last two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

I've received a good few items that were ordered in February and even some from March, but still waiting on a few things from mid January!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I've received a good few items that were ordered in February and even some from March, but still waiting on a few things from mid January!
    They are in that special 'forward to customers if you are really, really bored' bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eventually got my stuff from China,some from Wish and some from AliExpress,all arrived on the same day,the AliExpress stuff was ordered well before the others.
    All casual staff taken on over the busy Christmas period were let go and now an Post are asking staff to do voluntary overtime to try to get through the mountains of stuff from China that's been left to build up.One of my local postmen told me that this was the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

Just got an item delivered in 18 days from china

Same item I get regularly is normally 4-5 weeks

Two tracked CN post items have been dispatched from hubs. Will monitor.

Anyone had mail to the UK (PM/AP) from CN via TNT? Looks like the seller might have used a trans shipping service from an EU hub but its not clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

My parcel that was posted from China on the 16th Jan has just arrived. To bad I don't need it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Waiting now 60 days for a tracked package from Hong Kong. I was supposed to get it by the 26 of March. :rolleyes:

One packet of 4 small items arrived today, ordered on the 19th of January.
    and
    An earphone/usb cable case ordered on the 26h of February.

Main birthday balloons arrived today along with a screwdriver set i'd forgotten about and turned out to be the wrong type so, happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Still waiting on a few things ordered on 16th January. One of which "departed from airport to destination country" four days later.

Two orders made on March 15th arrived today.
    One order from Kildare ordered on March 6th arrived also.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Ordered 4 packages from aliexpress, ebay on March 4th, one untracked one arrived today.

As per usual no sign of the registered ones from February or March, tracking not updated since china. An Post seems to assume all registered parcels are worth investigating and fire them into the big pile.

Ordered 4 packages from aliexpress, ebay on March 4th, one untracked one arrived today.

As per usual no sign of the registered ones from February or March, tracking not updated since china. An Post seems to assume all registered parcels are worth investigating and fire them into the big pile.

Registered should arrive quicker. Unless they go through Netherlands Post or another - i.e. Not directly to Ireland.

Tracked stuff is flying Guangzhou - Novosibirsk - Frankfurt (Daily) and Frankfurt - Dublin (Daily).

I can't prove it but IMO the rest is coming in the same channel, it has to fly to make the 9 day window it takes to get to Antrim and theres no point in CN Post running two air routes just to shaft the untracked stuff. D-ALCN is a an MD11 (presently over Kazakhstan), thats 440 m3 and 88 Tonnes of cargo every day.

Anyone got a chinese mate that can post them a GPS logger? Would love to send the times that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

Still waiting on 2 out of 3 Items from zapals, ordered in January.

Got 1 of them last week.

Also waiting on an Item from Aliexpress since February (ordered on the 18th).
    And another item from Zapals ordered 27/2.

I have a feeling the above items might get to me all on the same day. << hopefully.

This song pop into my head waiting for the postman this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ordered new cover for tablet from Gearbest on 28/03. Arrived in Ireland on 04/04, registered with Netherlands Post. Thats nine days to reach Ireland which I think is great. Interesting to see how long till I receive..

Suckit wrote: »
    Registered should arrive quicker. Unless they go through Netherlands Post or another - i.e. Not directly to Ireland.

My registered stuff almost always ends up in customs in portlaoise for an age but then 99% of what I order is electronics / programming related so the customs descriptions might cause them to divert it. On the other hand the unregistered stuff takes 2-3 weeks on average with the odd package taking 5-7 weeks and the very odd one disappearing for months.

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone got a chinese mate that can post them a GPS logger? Would love to send the times that map.

That would be a laugh :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Whatever about China I received a package back this morning that I sent to the United Arab Emirates on the 25th of April 2017 and it was not delivered, I received it back this morning 49 weeks later. There was just some chocolates in it and it was sent unregistered. I had some laugh when I got it from the postwoman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Av summer temp around 40C surprised it hasn't come back as a bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Update for anyone waiting for stuff from China,lorry loads of stuff arrived in Enniscorthy sorting office for some reason. It seems An Post decided to make some space in other sorting offices and sent it all there. Staff are on overtime trying to go through it,even paid, registered post from China was lumped in with the freepost stuff.

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone had mail to the UK (PM/AP) from CN via TNT? Looks like the seller might have used a trans shipping service from an EU hub but its not clear.

Seems it never got scanned, but:
    29 Mar Ordered
    30 Mar Shipped
    4 Apr Dublin Scan
    5 Apr In Motel

€2 for shipping, €3.99 for PM. Bypassing An Post: Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I have received a lot of stuff over the past week, but still a lot outstanding. Oldest item was ordered 20th January, "Arrived at destination country" 5th February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

2 orders from Zapals in January arrived - 12 weeks, 85 Days later!

Advertisement