Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm in a similar boat. Here since the 13th Mar but not on the track and trace system, and I was unaware there were issues with Chinese / Asian deliveries. Rang the helpline and was on hold for 16 minutes, told to just sit tight. No explanation or information on delays or backlogs, just told to wait.

Kinda glad I'm not the only one as I thought it had been stolen. I came on here to ask advice and the first thread I saw was this one. Looks like i'm in for a bit more of a wait.

Ironically, this item was first delivered in January after I ordered it in November. It came the same day as another parcel, both of which were too big for the letterbox. I came home to a "your mail is in the local sorting office" note, but the neighbour then knocked in with a different parcel and said the postman left it with him. When I tracked the item a week later it had been returned to sender.

why didnt you go to the sorting office?

There were two separate deliveries, one went to the sorting office and one went to the neighbour's. When he knocked in with the 2nd one, I assumed there was only the one and that the note had been dropped in the letterbox before he bumped into the nighbour who said he'd hold onto it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

RossieMan wrote: »
    no, dont be stupid.

they get pennies if even for delivering free postage goods from China. They have loads and loads of them to pile through. its only been a month and a half, thats not a long time for delivery being honest.

pay for a proper shipping method or wait.

There was a time when I thought An Post was a proper shipping method. That was quite a while ago. If I ever needed to send anything urgently and reliably, they're about the last service I'd use. I'm sure a lot of people experiencing the currently delays are starting to think the same way, so they're only shooting themselves in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

MOH wrote: »
    There was a time when I thought An Post was a proper shipping method. That was quite a while ago. If I ever needed to send anything urgently and reliably, they're about the last service I'd use. I'm sure a lot of people experiencing the currently delays are starting to think the same way, so they're only shooting themselves in the foot.

They are ridiculous to be honest...can't imagine what kind of low IQ management they must have...just the fact that they have mountains of mail left unsorted while they drive thousands of half empty vans up and down every highway, byway, street and borreen in the country every day is just plain stupid and nonsensical.

All they are achieving by this is earning themselves a well deserved bad reputation..and a bad reputation once got is extremely hard to ever undo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I received a notification last week from Ali Express that An Post has my phone.

They still havent delivered it . I went to my local An Post depot early to try do both of us a favor and collect it myself with ID etc.

They wont even look for it without a docket even though I have a tracking code. I was doing both of us a favor. This is annoying. Paddys day is long gone and still I wait ....

• Advertisement

I received a notification last week from Ali Express that An Post has my phone.

They still havent delivered it . I went to my local An Post depot early to try do both of us a favor and collect it myself with ID etc.

They wont even look for it without a docket even though I have a tracking code. I was doing both of us a favor. This is annoying. Paddys day is long gone and still I wait ....

do you have a tracking number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

do you have a tracking number?

yes I do but it doesnt work on the An Post website. The Asian tracking website states that it is in the hands of An Post. Ive been months with a crappy phone. Im cracking up . I really want my new phone *sob* :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I ordered an item from AliExpress costing €3.70 plus an additional €1.55 for China Post Registered AirMail for a total cost of €5.25.

I ordered it on the 9th of March and it was shipped on the 10th of March. It was delivered to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland this afternoon and will be in my Parcel Motel locker tomorrow morning. Had I used An Post direct to my home it would sitting in a warehouse in Dublin for the next 6 -8 weeks before I'd likely see it.

Doltanian wrote: »
    I ordered an item from AliExpress costing €3.70 plus an additional €1.55 for China Post Registered AirMail for a total cost of €5.25.

I ordered it on the 9th of March and it was shipped on the 10th of March. It was delivered to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland this afternoon and will be in my Parcel Motel locker tomorrow morning. Had I used An Post direct to my home it would sitting in a warehouse in Dublin for the next 6 -8 weeks before I'd likely see it.

yeah but it cost you an extra £4 for PM. It would have to be something i really wanted quickly to pay more than double the item price.

yeah but it cost you an extra £4 for PM. It would have to be something i really wanted quickly to pay more than double the item price.

Yes of course it cost me €3.95 which cost me more than the item itself, I wasn't in a huge hurry but at the same time I didn't want to wait anything up to three months or face the uncertainty of not having it delivered. The same item would be €20 - €30 here in our ripoff republic.

It just shows that An Post have no excuses and when you look at Privatised Royal Mail versus An Post which is solely run for the Trade Unions Benefit. It is clear that major changes are needed in the Irish postal industry, it basically exists as an old jobs for the boys club; there is enormous political crony interference in the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Origin : Malaysia - Cache time: 2018-03-21 14:17:11(GMT)

2018-01-25 11:20 In Transit, Item Arrived at Ireland
    :confused::confused:

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just received one order with delivery to Parcelwizard. 15 days. End of story. :cool:

joujoujou wrote: »
    Just received one order with delivery to Parcelwizard. 15 days. End of story. :cool:

Royal Mail just doing their job with no whingeing or complaining unlike An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 painted

Wow, just found this thread.
    I've a weird issue. I've a registered package from Ali Express. The registered number appears on An Post track and trace site.
    But it was signed for a month ago by no one I know!

I contacted An Post customer service via email. Got a reply that they'd look in to it.

Never heard anything back from them!
    I emailed them again a couple of times but they completely ignored those!!
    That was over two weeks ago.

Anyone else know anyone whose register letter was signed for but not delivered?

painted wrote: »
    Wow, just found this thread.
    I've a weird issue. I've a registered package from Ali Express. The registered number appears on An Post track and trace site.
    But it was signed for a month ago by no one I know!

I contacted An Post customer service via email. Got a reply that they'd look in to it.

Never heard anything back from them!
    I emailed them again a couple of times but they completely ignored those!!
    That was over two weeks ago.

Anyone else know anyone whose register letter was signed for?

Same thing happened to me five or six weeks ago...somebody with a totally different name in a area about a hundred miles away signed for it...contacted An Post and got a BS reply after 2 weeks saying seller must have given me wrong tracking number :rolleyes:.

Unregistered Users

You both have no contract with an post, seller has. Contact seller, or even better: open dispute on aliexpress stating reason "delivered to wrong address". Sellers acting smartarse and giving someone else's tracking numbers. In the meantime your purchases go untracked (hence cheaper) route.

You both have no contract with an post, seller has. Contact seller, or even better: open dispute on aliexpress stating reason "delivered to wrong address". Sellers acting smartarse and giving someone else's tracking numbers. In the meantime your purchases go untracked (hence cheaper) route.

Why the hell would seller be acting "smartarse" ...UTTER BALONEY!!!!

And we all know what to do...thank you for your useless advice :rolleyes:

An post must have started to process the cages. received 5 packages from the postman this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Same here. 8 on Tuesday, 5 today.

Just checked track and trace based on hese posts and my parcel from the top of this page has now been added for delivery today. Only took 9 days from receipt to delivery.

• Advertisement

Sellers acting smartarse and giving someone else's tracking numbers.

Never considered that. Do they do that?
    Its a bit strange in this case as I didn't buy it as a tracked package.
    It was just plain ol' "China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus".

I was full sure it was An Post had 'signed' for it and it would be delivered via regular mail whenever they got around to it.

archer22 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me five or six weeks ago...somebody with a totally different name in a area about a hundred miles away signed for it...contacted An Post and got a BS reply after 2 weeks saying seller must have given me wrong tracking number :rolleyes:.

Did you ever get your item or was that your item gone to some one else... end of story?

Unregistered Users

Never considered that. Do they do that?
    [...]

Happened 3 times to my purchases in just last 6 months. All the sellers (there were separate purchases, from different sellers) claimed they're "very sorry", their staff made a "genuine mistake" etc etc etc and they "will resend it ASAP". However, I would get a resent item in "normal" (up to 3 months) time, not in 2-3 weeks as they all arrived - they're already sent, but untracked.

Hence the conclusion they advertise tracking postage and send cheaper, untracked instead. Fake or someone else's tracking number given for buyer's peace of mind, hoping they would never check it's status online.

Did you ever get your item or was that your item gone to some one else... end of story?

Never got it..so end of story on that.

You got to bear in mind it's An Post who puts the tracking pull tabs on the incoming registered mail...tracking follows that tab.So whatever package thats on is the one that gets recorded as delivered.

It would be quite easy for somebody to put the tabs on an unregistered package while original package can then vanish but appears to have been delivered.

Not saying that's what happened..I don't know, but at the end of the day it's an An Post tracking sticker that ends up on the package in Ireland...when original package never turns up at correct address though there is good reason to be suspicious about what happened

end March to July tends to be the period when An Post are faster than usual for china post in my experience as it's a quieter online buying period.
    Goes to crap outside that.
    But then again that could easily change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Got one thing today that shipped in early February. Still waiting on a number of items that shipped earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belikemike

There is a big drive to get out all the backlogged China post from this week on in An Post, there will be a huge amount delivered in the coming two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Belikemike wrote: »
    There is a big drive to get out all the backlogged China post from this week on in An Post, there will be a huge amount delivered in the coming two weeks

How do you know this? I'm pissed off big time.Can't afford to have €€€ disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belikemike

I am not trolling you or anything like that, I know that the postmen from my area were in on overtime sorting the backlogged post until 6 this evening so watch this space

• Advertisement

another 3 this morning so they do seem to be getting through the backlog

Advertisement