Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Russian Parcel attempted today; exactly one month after it arrived into Ireland.
    Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Belikemike wrote: »
    I am not trolling you or anything like that, I know that the postmen from my area were in on overtime sorting the backlogged post until 6 this evening so watch this space

Why would they pay overtime now to sort the backlog!

Would it not just have been better to actually sort it when it came in and include it in the normal process!

Then no overtime needs to be paid and yes maybe some other mail would have taken an extra day or so but in the end they would still all have been delivered within the normal working hours instead of now paying over the odds for overtime to sort and deliver a massive backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belikemike

reni10 wrote: »
    Why would they pay overtime now to sort the backlog!

Would it not just have been better to actually sort it when it came in and include it in the normal process!

Then no overtime needs to be paid and yes maybe some other mail would have taken an extra day or so but in the end they would still all have been delivered within the normal working hours instead of now paying over the odds for overtime to sort and deliver a massive backlog!

Yes what you are saying makes sense. I have no idea of the process or why the post is taking so long to get distributed. All I know is the overtime and increase of distribution of Chinese mail in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Well I didn't receive anything today but I did finally get a reply from Customer Services, asking me for the tracking numbers of my missing items.

Wonder if they'll actually bother looking up all 34 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I got two US packages today I was waiting 7 weeks for, and an Irish letter sent two weeks ago. Waiting on something from China but it was only sent Jan 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Suckit wrote: »
    Same here. 8 on Tuesday, 5 today.
    another 3 this morning so they do seem to be getting through the backlog

I haven't had a delivery from China this year, still waiting on 14 orders from beginning of January.

Can I ask what delivery depot your deliveries are coming out of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I haven't had a delivery from China this year, still waiting on 14 orders from beginning of January.

Can I ask what delivery depot your deliveries are coming out of ?

if you mean the local one mine is baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭corkie

Doltanian wrote: »
    I ordered an item from AliExpress costing €3.70 plus an additional €1.55 for China Post Registered AirMail for a total cost of €5.25.

I ordered it on the 9th of March and it was shipped on the 10th of March. It was delivered to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland this afternoon and will be in my Parcel Motel locker tomorrow morning. Had I used An Post direct to my home it would sitting in a warehouse in Dublin for the next 6 -8 weeks before I'd likely see it.
    yeah but it cost you an extra £4 for PM. It would have to be something i really wanted quickly to pay more than double the item price.
    Doltanian wrote: »
    Yes of course it cost me €3.95 which cost me more than the item itself, I wasn't in a huge hurry but at the same time I didn't want to wait anything up to three months or face the uncertainty of not having it delivered. The same item would be €20 - €30 here in our ripoff republic.

It just shows that An Post have no excuses and when you look at Privatised Royal Mail versus An Post which is solely run for the Trade Unions Benefit. It is clear that major changes are needed in the Irish postal industry, it basically exists as an old jobs for the boys club; there is enormous political crony interference in the company.

You paid extra for PM, when there was no need, it is only china free post that gets heldup/delayed. Registered post come's through without as big of a delay.
    corkie wrote: »
    Got a Nohon battery recently for my Redmi Note 3 [Kenzo].

Ordered on the 6th Feb and delivered on 26th, paid about 2 Euro extra, so it wasn't coming by slow free post. .....

You paid extra for PM, when there was no need, it is only china free post that gets heldup/delayed. Registered post come's through without delays.

I'm not sure that is true. all of my stuff is sent with a tracking number and have to be signed for and they are still delayed.

I'm not sure that is true. all of my stuff is sent with a tracking number and have to be signed for and they are still delayed.

See this post about an post handling of items.

I'm just going by an example order that if you pay the little extra, so it is not coming by free china post, it gets delivered faster.

• Advertisement

I'm just going by an example order that if you pay the little extra, so it is not coming by free china post, it gets delivered faster.

I'm very familiar with what is going on. I was just saying that your sample of one isnt a good indication of what is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a parcel last week that I ordered last November and had forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

I'm still waiting in Mullingar.......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats not a hard and fast rule.

AP have delayed reg packets for me and forge the signature so reg is kinda worthless. A soaked package in the *black* wheely bin is not what that service is meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I got notification today that three of my items have been received by An Post. All registered, yes. But according to the tracking they've all been in Ireland for more than two weeks already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

No Chinese mail at all those days.....them boys on the "overtime" must have been only going in to throw the Chinese post into the back of the shed!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

Item purchased on 05/03/2018 arrived this morning.

It had this sticker on it.

Pic.jpg

Not sure who put it there but haven't seen one before.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »

Pic.jpg

I have seen it before...in my case it was a laptop battery sent via NL post.

I think it just means it has to be shipped and handled in a certain manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pic.jpg

That just means its coming from say NL or SE but customs have NOT been paid yet. Basically a message to An Post to treat it as outside EU mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

One button on my sky remote was dodgy, went on line saw sky remote €5,80 inc postage, tried it out. Brand new, perfect sky remote arrived 6 weeks later.

still smiling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Pic.jpg

I had an item shipped 07/03/2018 and no sign of it yet.
    Fingers crossed it arrives in the next couple of days.
    Your post gives me hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Just received a parcel sent to me from China in early January. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ordered something last week in January, arrived last week. Wasnt expecting it any sooner. Happy with that considering I didnt pay for postage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Just received a parcel sent to me from China in early January. :rolleyes:

I'll do ya one better,

RFID wallet I ordered on 12 Dec 2017, Arrived today. I had forgotten about it.

It is gone from my ebay its that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    I'll do ya one better,

RFID wallet I ordered on 12 Dec 2017, Arrived today. I had forgotten about it.

It is gone from my ebay its that old.

That's becoming a problem with eBay now too. A lot of Chinese sellers are quoting 60-90 days delivery, and eBay only allows you to give feedback up to 90 days. I've ordered quite a few bits on eBay since January. Some arrived within 2 weeks, others are outstanding since mid-January. Some have tracking and some don't, and it doesn't seem to make any difference to the speed at which they arrive. One tracked item arrived the other day, it's last track in China was on the 20th of January saying it was leaving by Airmail.

I don't understand how one item posted in China can arrive in 10 days, while another posted at the same time takes 80 days.

That's becoming a problem with eBay now too. A lot of Chinese sellers are quoting 60-90 days delivery, and eBay only allows you to give feedback up to 90 days. I've ordered quite a few bits on eBay since January. Some arrived within 2 weeks, others are outstanding since mid-January. Some have tracking and some don't, and it doesn't seem to make any difference to the speed at which they arrive. One tracked item arrived the other day, it's last track in China was on the 20th of January saying it was leaving by Airmail.

I don't understand how one item posted in China can arrive in 10 days, while another posted at the same time takes 80 days.

I think the 60-90 days estimate for delivery is coming from ebay and their collected data,not from the sellers.

The reason some items are delivered in 10 days while another can be 80 is simply when An Post does finally decide to deliver a bit of it they grab the nearest bag, which is usually the most recent arrival.

Zapals: - One Item ordered 14th January arrived today.

Had posted sender signature 2018-01-18!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Had two packages from January arrive today! Still waiting on more, that were ordered a few days before, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

One order from March 5th and one order from Feb 3rd (Ordered two at same time, one not arrived yet).

I can't see why An Post do not offer a service from China similar to Swiss Post or Netherlands Post. Even if it is just to serve Ireland. Pay a company over there to sort them, and get paid for delivering them at this end.
    They may even get a few parcels for UK/Mainland Europe. Surely can not be much difference in them arriving in Netherlands sorting and then being forwarded to their Country of destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They cant even pay all the staff they have here, never mind expanding. They are struggling massively, only one way they are going im afraid.

Advertisement