Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

breeno wrote: »
    I'm looking to change in the next few weeks. €400/€450 or so budget. I had been looking at Chinese models like the Mi 8 or the Mate 10 Pro but I see I could get a new S8 plus within budget. Would it still be a decent option to do me for a year or so at this stage? I'm currently running a Nokia 7 Plus mid ranger so hoping last years flagship would still be a bit of a boost in quality.

Will be looking to sell my s8 in the next few weeks if you're interested. About 5 months old. Pm me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

I am on a GS8 and in the last week the quality of the calls is terrible. The sound of the person is incredibly low. I know someone else has the same issue. They also have a GS8 phone.

Anyone else have this issue?
    I have cleaned the ear piece hole but no luck.

Thanks

Anyone having issues with google voice? I can't unlock my phone using "ok google" any more. "Google voice search" is no longer available to me on the play store.

Reinstalling google seemed to do the trick for now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

I am on a GS8 and in the last week the quality of the calls is terrible. The sound of the person is incredibly low. I know someone else has the same issue. They also have a GS8 phone.

Anyone else have this issue?
    I have cleaned the ear piece hole but no luck.

Thanks

Got this sorted. Masking tape across the ear piece (I thought the tiny hole at the top right was the ear piece, wrong) pulls the dust off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Anyone else on Eir get a software update 2 days ago?
    It said something about a slow motion camera but I can't find anything about it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

unreg999 wrote: »
    Anyone else on Eir get a software update 2 days ago?
    It said something about a slow motion camera but I can't find anything about it now...

Open the camera and swipe right for settings. There's super slow mo there now aswell as slow mo. Think that's all it was

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Any idea if Three will eventually update these devices to Android Pie?

I really want the dark theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone?

I have had no problems with the Bluetooth on any devices, I use it with my car and two pairs of headphones, my wife also uses hers in the car, again no issues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Having an issue with my S8. When the battery goes down to say below 52%, it then runs out like water. You can literally watch it go from 50% to 2% in about 2 mins. Anyone any idea why? Or find a solution to it? I bought the phone off Komplett, and it came with a 2 pin charger and adapter, which is all I have used on it, maybe this is the issue? It's a year old now.
    Deeply frustrating, it's been faultless so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

nee wrote: »
    Having an issue with my S8. When the battery goes down to say below 52%, it then runs out like water. You can literally watch it go from 50% to 2% in about 2 mins. Anyone any idea why? Or find a solution to it? I bought the phone off Komplett, and it came with a 2 pin charger and adapter, which is all I have used on it, maybe this is the issue? It's a year old now.
    Deeply frustrating, it's been faultless so far.

Exactly what's happening mine. Started doing it on around 15% first but yesterday it did it on 35%. I fear it's going to get worse so looks like I might need a new phone.

Very disappointed, been a great phone for the 18 months I've had it but if it really is f*cked already then no way will I ever buy Samsung again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Cina wrote:
    Very disappointed, been a great phone for the 18 months I've had it but if it really is f*cked already then no way will I ever buy Samsung again.

Battery needs replacement...1.5 yrs is bit short though

That's really really shoddy, I only got a year out of it? Not on at all.
    I wonder would it still be under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody get the One UI Beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Is it possible? From articles it doesn't seem to be available on EU devices.

EDIT: Well i tried, apparently my SIM doesn't match my carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ibFoxer wrote: »

I thought that was only for the Galaxy S9 series?

edit: Quick Google and here we are. I'll try it out later on maybe.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-one-ui-beta-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-943673/

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone managed to register for beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Any fix to battery issue? Less than a year old and dies at 20-30% with no warning

It's getting worse for me, it's going with higher and higher amounts in the batter. I'm up to 48% before it starts dwindling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I have my s8 for just a few days over 12 months now and almost everytime I plug it in to charge now it goes to slow charging mode, i've cleaned out port but still no change.
    Any other tips on getting it back to fast charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

tommycahir wrote:
    I have my s8 for just a few days over 12 months now and almost everytime I plug it in to charge now it goes to slow charging mode, i've cleaned out port but still no change. Any other tips on getting it back to fast charging?

Usually it's the cable try new cable in same plug and I'd say it'll fast charge

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Usually it's the cable try new cable in same plug and I'd say it'll fast charge
    OK, i'll pick one up later this week, thanks

OSI wrote: »
    I had that issue with my S8 in the past and I had to get a fine needle and scrape out lint that had built up in the very back of the port and had become compacted to the point that regular cleaning wouldn't dislodge it.
    Yeah I had some of that and done the very same thing (cleaning with a needle) and used a rocker blower after that to get any more dust etc out.

tommycahir wrote: »
    OK, i'll pick one up later this week, thanks

Yeah I had some of that and done the very same thing (cleaning with a needle) and used a rocker blower after that to get any more dust etc out.

Ok so picked up a new usb c able but still only picking up slow charging, at least the new cable ain't falling out all the time but still no fast charge is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

tommycahir wrote: »
    Ok so picked up a new usb c able but still only picking up slow charging, at least the new cable ain't falling out all the time but still no fast charge is a pain.

Not sure about the s8 but fast charge on my old one plus 3 needed both a fast cable and power block.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Has anyone gotten the Android pie update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes on Saturday

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

yes, i hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Yes on Saturday

Did you get it OTA? Im still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Did you get it OTA? Im still waiting.

Yes, I'm on eir but the phone came from Germany (if it makes any difference)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Yes, I'm on eir but the phone came from Germany (if it makes any difference)

Makes sense. It's been rolling out in Germany for awhile now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

OSI wrote: »
    I had that issue with my S8 in the past and I had to get a fine needle and scrape out lint that had built up in the very back of the port and had become compacted to the point that regular cleaning wouldn't dislodge it.

Thank you, had to scrape out the back of the port and i'm back to fast charging again :D

Advertisement