Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

413395.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think the Gear VR is brilliant. It's my 120" OLED TV I couldn't otherwise justify buying.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I think the Gear VR is brilliant. It's my 120" OLED TV I couldn't otherwise justify buying.

If you could see pixels like that on a TV, I'd be sending it straight back :pac:

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you could see pixels like that on a TV, I'd be sending it straight back :pac:

Oh it for sure it isn't perfect and I am hoping they get those 1200 and 1500 ppi panels into something soon, hopefully the S9 will have 1200 ppi and the New Exynos will have AMD GPU's that can drive it, but for me, the movie theater feel with the screen out to the edges of peripheral vision, even with screen door effect, beats the tiny 50" Panasonic Viera plasma with no visible pixels across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

1983211 wrote: »
    Available for preorder on Amazon.co.uk ..

Search for galaxy s8 and sort it from highest to lowest price - and there it is

Can not seem to find this :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

boc121 wrote: »
    Can not seem to find this :confused:

Search: 'S8 sim free' and it will be 3 phones down. £689

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

cnocbui wrote: »
    Search: 'S8 sim free' and it will be 3 phones down. £689

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Saw that earlier and clicked on it....strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ordered this case for my S8 :). I have a similar one for my S6 and found it to be excellent.

• Advertisement

Ordered this case for my S8 :). I have a similar one for my S6 and found it to be excellent.

Yeah, it's a nice case alright. Have had that for multiple devices at this stage. Found that even with my fairly large S6 Edge+, it didn't add too much bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

One plus three .......

Not a one plus one at all ha.

Hi TrustedApple,

If you are looking to sell your OnePlus Three please PM me. My son just smashed his UMi Plus and is back to using an old Vidafone POS so is in the market for an upgrade on that!!

"This item does not ship to Ireland."

Did you use ParcelMotel/Wizard/AddressPal?

I hate when phone accessories don't ship to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

I can get Galaxy s8 from my bf he can get it on Vodafone but I'm on a different network. Is it going to be easy to unlock it like with a code I could buy on eBay or is it going to take a while until those codes are available? That's if it's locked to Vodafone

I can get Galaxy s8 from my bf he can get it on Vodafone but I'm on a different network. Is it going to be easy to unlock it like with a code I could buy on eBay or is it going to take a while until those codes are available? That's if it's locked to Vodafone

I always wonder why people post to forums asking strangers rather than checking with the company they're buying from. It literally took me under 20 seconds to find out.

Often if you get a device in the first batch, it won't be locked to any network. If it is locked, Vodafone have a policy of you having spent at least €200 on bill pay before you can unlock, I believe. You can still try through their online NAC request and see how you get on before then.

I always wonder why people post to forums asking strangers rather than checking with the company they're buying from. It literally took me under 20 seconds to find out.

So you say I should ask Vodafone if I can buy unlock code on eBay ? I didn't ask if the phone is locked or unlocked, I asked how hard it might be to buy unlock code on eBay. I always wonder why people don't read posts and feel like they need to give unrelated answer 😉

Basil3 wrote: »

Often if you get a device in the first batch, it won't be locked to any network. If it is locked, Vodafone have a policy of you having spent at least €200 on bill pay before you can unlock, I believe. You can still try through their online NAC request and see how you get on before then.

Thanks, my bf is with Vodafone for over 10 years but if it's locked I would prefer to just get the code on eBay, I just hope it won't take like 2 months for the sellers to appear

• Advertisement

So you say I should ask Vodafone if I can buy unlock code on eBay ?

No, I didnt say that. If I actually said that, you wouldn't be asking! Maybe you like asking stupid questions, so go ahead if you enjoy it...
    I didn't ask if the phone is locked or unlocked, I asked how hard it might be to buy unlock code on eBay.

Not sure why you're pointing this out, I never said otherwise. Maybe you just like pointing out the obvious...
    I always wonder why people don't read posts and feel like they need to give unrelated answer 😉

My reply was obviously "related" :confused:
    Thanks, my bf is with Vodafone for over 10 years but if it's locked I would prefer to just get the code on eBay, I just hope it won't take like 2 months for the sellers to appear

If your bf was a customer for over 10 years, he can get it unlocked for free by Vodafone. You'd know that if you did a quick Google search.

Some dual camera prototypes for the S8.

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/04/02/some-galaxy-s8-prototypes-appear-to-have-featured-a-dual-camera-setup/

Hopefully they were close enough with the screen embedded fingerprint scanner that we'll see it on the Note 8. Apple look a cert to have it ready for the new iPhone too.

One of the main features of the Snapdragon 835 is handling 32MP or dual 16MP cameras. The delay on the chip knocked everything back. Some of the later 835 devices will probably make use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Did you use ParcelMotel/Wizard/AddressPal?

I hate when phone accessories don't ship to Ireland

I used Parcel Motel. Should be arriving tomorrow according to Amazon.

OnePlus 5? :eek:

The OnePlus 4 (& OnePlus 4T if they do that again) isn't even out yet!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Any of you that have bought yours sim-free, what did you do about insurance?

I see there's protect your bubble and gadget insurance.ie, have any of ye used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

where is the best place to order the S8 + , looked back a few pages but could not see where people are ordering from ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

No, I didnt say that. If I actually said that, you wouldn't be asking! Maybe you like asking stupid questions, so go ahead if you enjoy it...

Not sure why you're pointing this out, I never said otherwise. Maybe you just like pointing out the obvious...

My reply was obviously "related" :confused:

If your bf was a customer for over 10 years, he can get it unlocked for free by Vodafone. You'd know that if you did a quick Google search.

One of the rudest posts I've ever seen on here.

You slammed out a smart post for no reason whatsoever and then come back with this to justify it?

Really? Try hard not to be a dickhead today.

Advertisement