Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

any idea when amazon uk will have sim free s8 up? Is there a delay between sim free and the network ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

jogdish wrote: »
    any idea when amazon uk will have sim free s8 up? Is there a delay between sim free and the network ones?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=s8+sim+free

Alun wrote: »
    ekk now I feel stupid! Honestly I did search and all I could see were cases, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Would it be madness to switch from a Iphone 7 to an S8? To be honest i'm sick of Apples old tech regarding the screen especially the cost of the iphone. Galaxy's are so much nicer or should i wait for the iphone 8?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Would it be madness to switch from a Iphone 7 to an S8? To be honest i'm sick of Apples old tech regarding the screen especially the cost of the iphone. Galaxy's are so much nicer or should i wait for the iphone 8?

Should you switch to a phone that is better in almost every way? Tough decision....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Switch. I've a Macbook, love it. But had an up iPhone 4, hated every minute of it. Thought theyd get their shït together with the 6. Sold it after few months.

I'm on a lend of a €170 smart ultra 6, and it's miles better than the iPhones I've had.

One thing i like about the Iphone 7 no lag, very snappy fast phone. My concern was the galaxy's suffered from lag from what i read anyway? Is it easy to transfer photo's , contacts , texts etc from ios to android?

One thing i like about the Iphone 7 no lag, very snappy fast phone. My concern was the galaxy's suffered from lag from what i read anyway? Is it easy to transfer photo's , contacts , texts etc from ios to android?

Lag hasn't been an issue on android flagships for years.

Samsung have an app for transferring. I think it's Smart Sync or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What lag? and that's with an S6 Edge.

Samsung have an app to transfer your stuff: http://www.syncios.com/online_help/sync-iphone-contacts-to-samsung.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

That's the annoying thing about the iphone, i love the IOS software and it's faster than the S7 Galaxy( don't know how it fares against the S8 yet) but it lacks the beauty and the screen of the Samsung phones. To be honest i'll be surprised if Apple updates the hardware to match the Samsung going by their recent upgrades :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

pilly wrote: »
    One of the rudest posts I've ever seen on here.

You slammed out a smart post for no reason whatsoever and then come back with this to justify it?

Really? Try hard not to be a dickhead today.

Ironic post.

Really? Try hard not start petty name-calling while criticising another poster today.

Madness? No. Looks to be a far superior phone. Im sick of my iPhone (7 Plus) as well, and end up going back to my Android phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Anyone who pre ordered decided on cases and or screen protectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ironic post.

Really? Try hard not start petty name-calling while criticising another poster today.

No, actually pretty much everyone who read your original smartass posts that were being referred to would have come away with a suitably low opinion of you. Pay attention to the thanks that post received compared to yours - don't have a nice day, or week, you don't deserve either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Anyone who pre ordered decided on cases and or screen protectors?

Urban Armor Gear case for me.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Would the likes of those under armour cases not make the phone feel huge? I understand wanting the added protection, but there seems to be quite a bit extra added around the edges. Are they that good at preventing breaks?

Toots wrote: »
    Would the likes of those under armour cases not make the phone feel huge? I understand wanting the added protection, but there seems to be quite a bit extra added around the edges. Are they that good at preventing breaks?

URban armor? I have one for my s6, nice case yes you do lose the sexy slimness. Then again without the case my s6 literally just slid off everything and fell almost daily.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

jogdish wrote: »
    URban armor? I have one for my s6, nice case yes you do lose the sexy slimness. Then again without the case my s6 literally just slid off everything and fell almost daily.

:pac: I was logging a snack on My Fitness Pal while typing that so under armour was on the brain!

I've just got a gel/tpu cover on my phone at the minute. I had one of those big rugged ones on it previously, and dropped it, and it ended up being the most damage I've ever done to a phone with a drop. It made the phone so bulky that when it came back from the repair I just went back to my original gel cover. Best thing I did was get a wrist strap (I've the xperia Z5 and it has a little hole to thread one through) and if I'm using it out and about the strap goes on. I don't think the S8 has a slot for this though, so I'm in a pickle.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    One of the rudest posts I've ever seen on here.

You slammed out a smart post for no reason whatsoever and then come back with this to justify it?

Really? Try hard not to be a dickhead today.
    Ironic post.

No, actually pretty much everyone who read your original smartass posts that were being referred to would have come away with a suitably low opinion of you. Pay attention to the thanks that post received compared to yours - don't have a nice day, or week, you don't deserve either.

The "really?" was taking the piss out of the other posters post, not an actual question :pac:
    cnocbui wrote: »
    "actually pretty much everyone"?!

:pac:
    No they didn't, stop making up such rubbish
    Pay attention to the thanks that post received compared to yours

Oh wow, silly me, you proved me wrong! A total of 4 'thanks' on that post definitely captures "pretty much everyone"s thoughts :pac::pac:
    cnocbui wrote: »
    don't have a nice day, or week, you don't deserve either.

How old are you 12?
    (That's not a genuine question to be answered)

Ridiculous! What a pathetic and juvenile post!:rolleyes::pac::pac:

Thanks for the laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Oh just be quiet ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

If you're registered for VAT in Ireland and you supply Direct TV with your VAT # when ordering they should, under Intra EU VAT rules, be able to supply to you on a zero VAT basis but to do so they may need to ship it directly to you in ROI rather than to PM/PW in NI.

went with them, supplied our VAT number , and went for the S8 plus. €780 for fast delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

2smiggy wrote: »
    went with them, supplied our VAT number , and went for the S8 plus. €780 for fast delivery

Any idea why the S8+ price changes from €665 ex vat to £649 ex vat once you put it in your basket?

s_carnage wrote: »
    Any idea why the S8+ price changes from €665 ex vat to £649 ex vat once you put it in your basket?

I completed the purchase over the phone, as I thought it would be easier explaining that I had a VAT number, and they could deal with it straight away, rather than sending emails back and forth looking for a price ex VAT etc.

Edit: I don't think the S8+ would be as cheap as €665 ex VAT, that would put the full price inc VAT at €817. the RRP is €899 or £779 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I completed the purchase over the phone, as I thought it would be easier explaining that I had a VAT number, and they could deal with it straight away, rather than sending emails back and forth looking for a price ex VAT etc.

Edit: I don't think the S8+ would be as cheap as €665 ex VAT, that would put the full price inc VAT at €817. the RRP is €899 or £779 I think

Was thinking it was to good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Do you have to pay up front?. As I have a vat number and need to know if worth while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Alun wrote: »

Seems to be no promotions this time like the S7? Remember the Gear VR for free with the S7.

In US they're getting Gear VR, controller, a pair of AKG headphones, and a 256GB microSD card for $99 promotion but unfortunately not so lucky here :(

Saying that, My brother offered me e300 for my SGS6E+ so I'm seriously tempted to upgrade for e500 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Seems to be no promotions this time like the S7? Remember the Gear VR for free with the S7.

In US they're getting Gear VR, controller, a pair of AKG headphones, and a 256GB microSD card for $99 promotion but unfortunately not so lucky here :(

Saying that, My brother offered me e300 for my SGS6E+ so I'm seriously tempted to upgrade for e500 :)

Take his arm off. The ones for 300 and up are just sitting on adverts.

• Advertisement

Do you have to pay up front?. As I have a vat number and need to know if worth while

ya they took the money straight away. but transaction was all easy, once i said i was VAT registered in Republic of Ireland and gave the number , she took off the VAT straight away. Worked out just shy of €780 for the S8+. I had always gone on contract , but just decided to buy outright this time

Advertisement