Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round... 2017 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

73 nett in the monthly medal yesterday. That was my first round in the buffer after starting the season with seven consecutive 0.1s

It might have been better and earned myself a cut but I had 2 penalty drops from gorse bushes and another from a water hazard. However I also had 100% sand saves from 3 bunkers which on another day could have been 3 dropped shots and another 0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

26pts (off 16) after 10 holes on saturday morning. 3over gross!!

And then the rain really started....and we were called in

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

82 strokes in Sunday morning comp. With no wind, clear skies with soft greens and some favorable pin positions it was the ideal morning for golf.

Certainly a case of what might have been though. Was 3 over at the turn and flying, ball striking was the best it's been all year. Was finding most fairways which is very strange for me.

On the green in regulation on the 10th I 3 putt from 15 feet. Similarly on the par 5 12th was on the green in 3, tricky pin position but managed to 4 putt from 20 feet. Again on the 15th, a wonderful recovery shot to 25 feet and again 4 putted four double bogey. Real pity as I had just birdied 13 and 14. Bogeyed 16, 17 & 18 for what was a poor finish. Overall happy enough with the ball striking just need to get the confidence back on the greens.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

After a string of mediocre result I shot an 80 for 41 points on Sunday. I came 4th, lost countback for 3rd. :o
    So far this season 41 points would have won every single Sunday except for one when it would have tied. Conditions were good but standard scratch was 72. Just a bit unlucky I guess.

But I don't mind too much. Knowing I can put in a good round in is reward enough. Hit a lot of good iron shots and most importantly chipping was very solid.
    Sadly I had 4! three putts, 3 of them towards the end when 'going well nerves' set in a bit. And I'm usually not a bad putter.

Closest I ever came to breaking 80 which I have never done before. It now feels it's just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

40 points off 11.4. down to 10.8 now.

3 birdies
    9 pars
    3 bogeys
    2 doubles (1 lost ball, 1 4 putt)
    1 ding (1 lost, 1 oob)

I was in 6 bunkers, 1 birdie, 4 pars and 1 bogey. Happy enough with my bunker play. Putting was very good bar the 4 putt.

3 or 4 more rounds like this over the summer and i'll get to 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Gross 83 on Sunday to give a net 69. Won a silver medal. Played terrible irons but chipped & putted well. Only 1 double. Only had about 3 chances for birdie none closer than 30 feet. Shows the importance of the short game. Down from 14 to 13.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

77 net yesterday for another .1 - poor front 9 did the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Turns into a single stableford comp.
    kieran. wrote: »
    Of he had 34 points was it not already a stableford comp?

Thanks. Looks like they just disregarded the scores and competition, nothing on Golfnet or on their own system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

33 points in the lashing rain. Played really really well and only hit 1 bad shot in the entire round - sadly it cost me a blank :(

Still striking the ball absolutely unreal off the tee and great from the fairways. short game still needs work, but improvements are showing all the time

30 points. 18 after 9. 11 h/c

some poor bunker play and a poor drive left me with 2 doubles and a ding on the back 9.

Wasn't getting up and down enough. 3/14.

3 GIRs probably the main reason for my poor score.

5 rounds planned in the next 8 days so hopefully can improve on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

First qualifying round this year
    78 in Dunmurray off a mix of blue and white tees for the Vice Caps
    Was 1 over playing 11 and wanted to walk off the course felt horribly sick since the 9th hole sweats and diahoria and cramps. Took till the 15th till I came kinda back to feeling normal.

Put it down too taking some prescribed antihystimines that weren't prescribed for me before the round . Could off been so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

42 points off 12 in new forest on Tuesday last.
    Played very well. I always seem to play better away from home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

monthly medal. 91 gross 78 nett. started with 3 pars then bogey double double, steadied with par then double again. turned in 44 and back in 47. so so inconsistent off the tee and stupid course management cost me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Awful round! After hitting a numer of buffer zones in a row I hadn't hit a ball in 3 weeks and you could tell. A pretty poor 25 points only upside was a birdie.

Hadn't been in my home club in a month but it's crazy how much the rough is up and how much quicker the fairways and greens are.

Glad I got the game in though coz have my next matchplay singles next week

Saturday - monthly medal of the blues. 82 gross 71 net. finished 5th in both gross and net.

3 poor double bogeys cost me. CSS was 72 so 0.2 cut.

Sunday - stableford of the whites. 30 points. 0.1 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

Went for a casual late Sat evening 9 with my friend and played some of the best golf in a long time. 6 pars 3 Bogeys ( 12 hcp). My mate plays off 21 and also played well to beat me in our little match play but was a very enjoyable confidence boosting 9 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

Saturday - 35 in Castletroy. Left a few shots behind me but I either won it or come second.
    Sunday - 31 in my local Captain's Prize. 0.1 back but I did win longest drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Moyvalley Saturday 35 points finished 2nd. It was a game two halves..9 points out 26 points (+3) on the way back. First time playing it and it's a nice course for a society good mix of holes index 1 par five 18th is nice.
    Strokes today shanked a ball OB from a greenside bunker on the first, ball plugged from the resulting drop and end up with a 10, next three were poor leaving me 12 over after 4 holes. Went round the next 14 in 9 over to bring me in with a level par par 71.
    Should get a little cut as I would have had 38 point in stableford scoring.
    Really happy with my game lately feel there's a big score coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Greencastle GC - 85 strokes for 39pts (off 19); 1 bird, 4 pars, 10 bogeys, 2 doubles & a triple.

Most consistent I've hit it ever, starting to see the results of work with the pro. Also, using some mental stuff from a Rotella book I'm reading.
    Enough for a third place finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not a member anywhere, although changing that at the moment as finally in a position to cough it up, but played Cobh last Thursday, shot an 87. Last handicap was 16, say I've played 5 full 18 rounds in as many years so was chuffed with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

Shot a 82 gross off 9 handicap,first 18 holes in three years as I was playing football but now I'm retired. Happy enough with it,drove well and hit my irons well it's just chopping and putting that let me down but hopefully that will come back. Great to be back swinging again ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Played two rounds recently after couple of years away from it. They were both miles apart in how they went with me playing off 21.

Last month I fluffed almost every single drive and I couldn't hit a single thing straight. I didn't count but I couldn't have gotten even close to double digits after 18.

Yesterday though, I scored a half decent 29 points on very windy Kilcock golf course. Driver was hitting fairways, irons were half decent but my short game was pretty awful. I must have 3-putted half the holes. I did par two of the par-5 holes on the back nine but could have been 4-5 pars if I was putting decently. Swing analyser I got really opened my eyes to my bad tempo and it really helped with wild shots.

Very happy considering how reluctant I have been to get out instead of just hitting the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

34points off 8 today 21 out and 13 back wind played a big part scoring so poor in the back. But hitting 2 Balls OB on the back 9 nailed coffen shut .

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

38 today, so cut 1.4 and I won the comp. Fairly delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

82 net 66 gross today. I really thought i might break 80 today for the first time, but i finished bogey double bogey to goose that.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    6 bogeys
    3 doubles ( 2 bad drives, 1 horrible chip into a bunker)

Should get a nice cut from it

We had our society captain's weekend at Slieve Russell over the weekend. Both rounds of the green tees.

Friday: +11. 36 points off 11 (official) but my handicap with society is 7.
    Saturday: Too many lost balls (2 in water, 3 in trees) 28 points off 11.

Greens are fantastic but the bunkers are awful.
    Driver is not needed on a lot of tee boxes.
    Some of the par 3s are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

90 strokes, net 79 in our June Medal.

Was serious wind blowing & a few torrential downpours, so CSS actually came in at 75, meaning I missed buffer by 2 strokes.

Given the conditions, I actually played great golf tee to green which was really frustrating, but had 4 3-putts from fairly easy 2-putt positions, and turned a number of make-able 1-putts into 2 putts too, so it was very frustrating.

Was late getting to the course, so didn't get any kind of warm up in, and really struggled with pace on the greens.

On another day a lot more putts would have dropped & if I can keep playing the rest of my game the way I did, there are a few more big rounds left in me for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

106 strokes in June medal. Pissed me right off.. Range sat creaming the ball, half hour in Range before teeing off Sunday creaming the ball.. First tee pulled ball left into trees pitch out, middle of fairway. pulled 9i into trees beside green :mad: started 8,8,5 (par3) 8 (Par5) lost interest then.. only back of 5 weeks off with injury but I seem to fall apart in stroke events!!

Googled pulled shots and watched a couple of mark crossfield videos could be down to poor posture and transition on down swing which kinda sounds true considering my last lesson. He noticed my posture was getting a bit bad never ever suffered with this since taking up the game!

Positive - my chipping has improved.. Game is really getting to me.. I think I'm destined to be a high handicapper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

June Medal - 90 (net 78) - CSS -76

Blowing a gale in the afternoon; 6 iron (normally 170) came up short (106 to the front), that sort of day. finished very poorly being +5 for the last 2 (left 2 in a fairway bunker). Game sharpish heading into the captains qualifying this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

90 strokes in the May medal in what was a fairly bizarre round.

Conditions weren't great, bunkers were out of play and wind was causing havoc.

Managed to go OOB off the first tee. Recovered somewhat to leave a putt for a point which just grazed the hole at which point I flicked the ball off the green in frustration and almost immediately remembered that the the medal was a strokeplay competition. Signed for 10.

Followed up by triple bogeying the third, bogeying the 6th and double bogeying the 5th and 7th. At this point I was 14 over after 7! Managed to recover some what by paring 8 & 9 to sign for 50.

Back 9 was hitting the ball much better and short game was working despite the heavy rain. Unfortunately bogeyed the last to sign for 40 on the back 9, 90 in total and 79 nett. Enough for 65th position.

Few lessons learned for sure. Non qualifying though so still hanging on at 11

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement