Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin2018

Thanks sarah1900 for that info. I heard reports of 10 to 30 so approx 20 is good to know. I agree it's very unfair and surely there must be a better way otherwise people will be queuing from now til Christmas ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

sarah1900 wrote: »
    They are launching approx 20 houses in the next launch, 26-47 on the site map! As sherry fitz and Kelly Walsh are giving no information whatsoever, people have no other option than to start the queue and hope for the best. I don't understand why they can't give advance notice of the launch like so many other estates. It is incredibly unfair the way people are being treated. We were told it could be as soon as next week or as far away as late December , all to do with Nama apparently, slowing things down !

I would imagine that it's likely that numbers 48 and 49 will also be launched, as they would be the final two houses the the second phase of the build per planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin2018

Thanks Eoin, 2 Petrels I think at 48 & 49. Look like quite big gardens on some of these?

Dublin2018 wrote: »
    Thanks Eoin, 2 Petrels I think at 48 & 49. Look like quite big gardens on some of these?

Those in particular look extremely long alright. Another thing to note I see there was a recent change to the planning permission where I see the cul-de-sac for this next launch got realigned due to the elevation and the boundary between Waverly and Seagreen. Net effect looks like the houses on the west side of road / left side as you look at plan all got moved back a few metres (I'm estimating from planning docs). Not sure that the houses on oppose side got moved, so just wider footpaths and parking areas probably. Also I believe the gardens on that (west/left) side may be graded or sloped as the back of the field is higher than the level of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmona

Just drove by and there is more than 10 people cueing. Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 NA1960

So are the houses going on sale this week or are people just guessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Still people queuing. No update on launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I live in Blacklion Manor, the estate opposite and there were people queuing again when I got home around 6.45pm.
    That is the third week in a row now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

They just launched, 20 three beds, 3 four beds and 1 of the five beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmona

I am a trusted source :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

So is there a queue there tonight?

Wantahouse wrote: »
    So is there a queue there tonight?

Registered queue members now stands at 43 for a launch of only 24 houses unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rando

After watching the video interview of the queue, it seems that there is a whatsapp group keeping each other informed on when to queue up. Speculating, the whatsapp could be tipped of by SF or maybe the group pressure SF to launch early by generating a crowd.

Rando wrote: »
    After watching the video interview of the queue, it seems that there is a whatsapp group keeping each other informed on when to queue up. Speculating, the whatsapp could be tipped of by SF or maybe the group pressure SF to launch early by generating a crowd.

Well if you take the EAs at their word, they werent pressured into anything. By their own admission they've been ready for weeks to launch, just waiting in the nod from NAMA. They were ready to turn around and launch within 24hrs so easy to see how people who want to buy a home feel they have no choice but to spontaneously queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

What video is this?

SF have been very tight lipped. People that queued three weeks ago set up a whatsapp group to let each other know if the q had started again. Fair play to them. Queuing overnight is not easy I'm sure..juggling family and work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

how long is the queue now?

Wantahouse wrote: »
    how long is the queue now?

A previous post says 43

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Definitely not, I know someone in this queue and they were working off pure guess work. They were actually complaining that they could get absolutely no concrete information from SF at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

SF gave no information away whatsoever, take it from someone who tried to get some!! I say fair play to those who took a guess on this week, there had been queues last week and the week before that, it is just madness. Hopefully those who have camped for two nights manage to get what they want. Disappointing to see they only released one 4 bed semi detached though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

sarah1900 wrote: »
    SF gave no information away whatsoever, take it from someone who tried to get some!! I say fair play to those who took a guess on this week, there had been queues last week and the week before that, it is just madness. Hopefully those who have camped for two nights manage to get what they want. Disappointing to see they only released one 4 bed semi detached though.
    The people there last night were not guessing, there was an email for both EA's around 4 o'clock saying that they were going to launch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

They were indeed guessing as many of them have been there since Monday! Long before the email went out.

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The people there last night were not guessing, there was an email for both EA's around 4 o'clock saying that they were going to launch today.

There was a queue before the email went out.

Does anyone know were all the houses launched on Wednesday actually sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 puamch

Blingy wrote: »
    Does anyone know were all the houses launched on Wednesday actually sold?

All sold out at the launch day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Knowitall82

puamch wrote: »
    All sold out at the launch day..

Not suprised considering people were queuing! Beautiful houses hope they don't increase prices in future phases too much€€

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Not suprised considering people were queuing! Beautiful houses hope they don't increase prices in future phases too much€€

They will, they'll charge whatever people are willing to pay. Hard to believe we're back to this malarkey only 10 years after the last time and with all that's happened in between :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

loyatemu wrote: »
    They will, they'll charge whatever people are willing to pay.

Exactly, and when people are queuing for days on end it suggests that there are plenty who are prepared to pay more than the current asking price :mad::mad:
    Hard to believe we're back to this malarkey only 10 years after the last time and with all that's happened in between :(

Yup, the boom is back!
    What could possibly go wrong? :confused::rolleyes:

The boom / bust cycle continues....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ClareDoyle80

Hi,

Anyone here purchased in this phase and going through precontract queries?

Thanks

Advertisement