Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Just got an email from SF, viewing tomorrow from 10-12,
    3 bed semi e415k ,4 bed semi e455 k ( from)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

damian139 wrote: »

The lack of a reaction to this post has me thinking/worried that everyone is currently scrambling to join the queue outside Waverly. The same queue, I might add, that started forming earlier today before SherryFitz even got a chance to circulate the email about tomorrow's launch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

gb1985 wrote: »
    As per EA, full development will include 129 houses. Did not ask how many houses will be released in phase 1.

Per SherryFitz's email this afternoon, only 20 houses included in phase 1 launching at 10am tomorrow:

12 x 3-bed Osprey from €415k (118 sq.m)
    8 x 4-bed Petrel from €455k (133 sq.m)

Best of luck to anyone who's on the hunt for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    damian139 wrote: »

The lack of a reaction to this post has me thinking/worried that everyone is currently scrambling to join the queue outside Waverly. The same queue, I might add, that started forming earlier today before SherryFitz even got a chance to circulate the email about tomorrow's launch! :eek:

Is there a queue? I was awaiting this launch but alas am out of the country, hopefully will have some luck with the next phase. Very interested to know what the demand for these first 20 is like though - anyone able to provide and update from the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Eoinconway wrote: »
    Is there a queue? I was awaiting this launch but alas am out of the country, hopefully will have some luck with the next phase. Very interested to know what the demand for these first 20 is like though - anyone able to provide and update from the site?

I have heard that there is a q. Quite substantial at this stage considering how many houses there are. Sounds like They will all be sold tomorrow. Pity they can't sell more than 20. Seems like very few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Blingy wrote: »
    I have heard that there is a q. Quite substantial at this stage considering how many houses there are. Sounds like They will all be sold tomorrow. Pity they can't sell more than 20. Seems like very few.

How does this queuing actually work?

Do these people have mortgage approval already? Do they show up with a deposit or how does it work?

ie. Could some Joe Soap just turn up with the cash to put down a deposit without having applied for a mortgage or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Was just up there. There's a little hut where you register your name number and which type house you want. The security guard told me just to register and come back in the morning. He said he doesn't know why people are staying overnight. There was about 24 cars there at about 8. Hope that works!

How does this queuing actually work?

Do these people have mortgage approval already? Do they show up with a deposit or how does it work?

ie. Could some Joe Soap just turn up with the cash to put down a deposit without having applied for a mortgage or anything?

Seemingly you need a booking deposit with you solicitors details and proof of mortgage approval so probably even an approval in principle would be enough.

Anyone know if they sold them all??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gb1985

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone know if they sold them all??
    All sold as per SF

• Advertisement

Any idea when future phases are released?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Anybody know what is driving this high level of interest? Seem to be right beside Seagreen and similar houses and still some of those available as far as I know?

yesap wrote: »
    Anybody know what is driving this high level of interest? Seem to be right beside Seagreen and similar houses and still some of those available as far as I know?

Seemingly Better value than the last phase of Seagreen and Seagreen sold out as far as I know. And each phase is more and more expensive. It's gone crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

It's a question of supply and demand - too many people chasing too few houses. Solution is to build more houses but of course, not next to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Any idea of the pricelist for the release last week? Interested to know what the price range was. I emailed SF New homes but needless to say.. no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

I expect they will gauge the interest and increase the prices accordingly.
    SF's mantra is to get the best price for the vendors, which is fine if you are a vendor but not for purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gb1985

Any idea of the pricelist for the release last week? Interested to know what the price range was. I emailed SF New homes but needless to say.. no response.
    Prices started at 415 for 3 bed semi (Osprey) and 455 for 4 bed semi (Petrel). I think prices varied based on garden size.

thanks, the launch email stated the starting price. I was wondering about the range- I assume, like Seagreen, there was only 1x 3bed @ 415 and similiarly, 1x4bed @ 455. If I remember correctly Seagreen was 455-475 for the 4 beds. Anyone know what the range was on this Waverly launch?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eimearbeag

I got a copy of the prices from someone who got it from someone who works for SF
    No 8 & 9 E415
    No 4 E417
    No 2, 7, 9, 10 & 12 E420
    No 5 E422, 11
    No 1 & 3 E425
    No 22, 23 E450
    No 21, 24 E460
    No 18, 20, 25 E465
    No 19 E470

I unfortunately missed out on a house. Out of interest, did anyone on here get one?

Thanks for the info. Must compare those to the siteplan later. Bad luck missing out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alicefen

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are hoping to get a house on the Phase 2 release of Waverly. Just wondering is anyone aware of when the houses released in Phase 1 will be finished and people get the keys of their new home??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shubhamag

alicefen wrote: »
    Hi there,

Myself and my partner are hoping to get a house on the Phase 2 release of Waverly. Just wondering is anyone aware of when the houses released in Phase 1 will be finished and people get the keys of their new home??

Phase 1 homes (released in Jan this year) are expected to be ready by Aug-Sept.
    Phase 2 (released in May) are expected Nov - April next year and date varies by house number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

shubhamag wrote: »
    alicefen wrote: »
    Hi there,

Phase 1 homes (released in Jan this year) are expected to be ready by Aug-Sept.
    Phase 2 (released in May) are expected Nov - April next year and date varies by house number.

Are you sure you are talking about Waverly, as according to Sherry Fitz the 1st launch was 19th May 2017

Are you sure you are talking about Waverly, as according to Sherry Fitz the 1st launch was 19th May 2017

The houses released in Jan would be called the prelaunch and then 1st phase launch was in May.

Thanks for clarifying Blingy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 puamch

Curious what's driving the high demand for Waverly, given a similar development and in similar price range in Greystones 'Glenheron' has still houses available since it's launch last Friday.

I was told that Waverly was sold out in minutes following overnight queue and interest for next phase in autumn has already reached sky-high.

Those were off-plan houses only that launched last week.

I also find it slightly amusing that a new poster is raising awareness of this new development with their first post on the same day Sherry Fitzgerald are ringing people trying to sell the remaining off plan houses.

Coincidence I'm sure!

Coincidence it is and I wasn't aware of SF calls. I am more interested in knowing the reason for demand in Waverly rather than the other development.

Those were off-plan houses only that launched last week.

I also find it slightly amusing that a new poster is raising awareness of this new development with their first post on the same day Sherry Fitzgerald are ringing people trying to sell the remaining off plan houses.

Coincidence I'm sure!

I am sure with the resources developers and EAs have they can have more established and believable posters if they want to go this route.

• Advertisement

@puamch If you can't see why people are interested in Waverly yourself, then I'm certainly not going to try convince you. As you mention already enough people to compete with.

Advertisement