Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I subscribe to a couple of internet sports services (MLB, NFL) and they’re usually about 30-40 seconds behind a live broadcast.

Is is similar for the Sports sub on Now.tv?

When I first started using nowtv, it was about a minute behind when I was using chromecast. Then I got the stick and it's usually only about 20 seconds behind now. So even using different devices makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The bbc used a smaller packet size in their streaming.
    The Chromecast is further behind streaming on your phone I find.

"Can we tempt you to stay with a special offer?"

NO!!!

Oh okay then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

If anyone is looking to get NOW TV free for two months then download the SweatApp from the App store.

Just tracks your steps and rewards with a currency you can use to redeem vouchers from companies. Right now two days walking gives you 2 months free.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/available-again-free-2-months-now-tv-movies-membership-for-existing-and-new-users-via-sweatcoin-download-app-please-do-not-share-referrals-2907376

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

New offer: 2 for 1 offer on all monthly passes, including the monthly sports pass. So basically, pay for one month and get the second month free. Existing customers can also get this on non-active passes and should see an 2 for 1 section when they log in. Runs until 3rd January.

• Advertisement

That is a decent offer coming upto Xmas. €20 p/m for all sky sports.

It is interesting that they have reduced their monthly sports pass to €39 (from €50) yet continue to offer these monthly deals.

Once the eir/bt deal expires it hopefully will be possible to get the bt channels on the now tv app.

I just wish they would allow ROI accounts operate on the uk app on my LG tv.

Does anyone know when that offer expires?
    If I wait til Friday you would be covered beyond the 6th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I just wish they would allow ROI accounts operate on the uk app on my LG tv.

I would of thought all Smart TVs with Now TV built in would work here

Is it only on LG TVs that the app doesn't work?

It doesn't work for me as I have the uk version of the apps to get the English tv players.
    I am sure if I changed it back to the Irish version it wouldn't be an issue.

Same goes for the tvOS app store with the Apple TV.

Now Tv app is on the UK app store. It's not on the Irish App store.
    I cannot sign into my Irish account on the UK app.
    I had to create a UK Now Tv account and watch on the UK now tv app on the Apple tv. Once every 60 days I just turn on the VPN to buy more UK passes and watch for a minute to reset the roaming allowance of 60 days.

To the admins, again, I am only mentioning this with context to the the Apps that can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Now TV really need to make an Android TV app available. Can't be that much effort considering they have Android mobile/tablet apps available.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when that offer expires?
    If I wait til Friday you would be covered beyond the 6th of January.

Offer expires 11.59pm on the 2nd January accroding to the terms drop down on the home page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We might avoid discussing circumventing regional restrictions please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ooter

NuMarvel wrote: »
    New offer: 2 for 1 offer on all monthly passes, including the monthly sports pass. So basically, pay for one month and get the second month free. Existing customers can also get this on non-active passes and should see an 2 for 1 section when they log in. Runs until 3rd January.

Do you have a link for this please?

Just google now tv and once you sign in/up and select the sports pass you should get the discount at checkout.

Just google now tv and once you sign in/up and select the sports pass you should get the discount at checkout.

I seem to be getting €19.95 for 1 month sports and no mention of 2 for 1.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sky-sports-online

Saying 2 for 1 there.
    Make sure you cancel the day the 2nd month's direct debit is taken out. Set reminder in your calendar.

I thought you got 2 months for €19.50, it's 2 months for the normal 1 month price, €39.

ooter wrote: »
    I thought you got 2 months for €19.50, it's 2 months for the normal 1 month price, €39.

A month for €10 would be pretty cheap!

A month for €10 would be pretty cheap!

That’s what their black friday offer was! Full year €10 a month for entertainment and movies

flexcon wrote: »
    That’s what their black friday offer was! Full year €10 a month for entertainment and movies

It is the sports we are on about.
    Normally €39 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Bought the now tv stick in HN for 24e including a one month sky sports pass.
    Signed up for the 2 month sports for 39e when registering.
    Is it possible to use my free month code later?

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Bought the now tv stick in HN for 24e including a one month sky sports pass.
    Signed up for the 2 month sports for 39e when registering.
    Is it possible to use my free month code later?

You should be able to do that. Just check that there's no expiry date on the code voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is Ireland content same as UK content?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think all the live content is the same now (for some reason they didn’t offer the Kids Pass at launch here but they eventually rectified that).

There are some differences to the on demand content and apps availalble - primarily to do with ITV and Channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

can I replace the software on the stick with Roku?

Is there any sign of Now TV's app working on LG tvs in Ireland?

It would be handy not to have to use the chromecast and need a phone to operate.

Is there any sign of Now TV's app working on LG tvs in Ireland?

It would be handy not to have to use the chromecast and need a phone to operate.

I picked up the stick for €25, so handy instead of messing about with the phone and chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Now TV's app working on LG tvs in Ireland?

I have an LG TV which came with the app preinstalled I just had to sign in with my details and it works.

laros wrote: »
    I have an LG TV which came with the app preinstalled I just had to sign in with my details and it works.

You must have a uk account. The only Now TV app I can get on the LG is when the country is switched to the uk. However, it won't let you log in with an Irish account. It will also lock the app so can't be logged into again. You have to uninstall/reinstall it.

• Advertisement

You must have a uk account. The only Now TV app I can get on the LG is when the country is switched to the uk. However, it won't let you log in with an Irish account.

I have an Irish account, and I can log in fine on my LG TV. Same when I log in on the LG TV in my parent's place. Maybe the Irish account is only accessible on certain models?

Advertisement