Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

NuMarvel wrote: »
    I have an Irish account, and I can log in fine on my LG TV. Same when I log in on the LG TV in my parent's place. Maybe the Irish account is only accessible on certain models?

Are you logging in with the tv set to Ireland or UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Are you logging in with the tv set to Ireland or UK?

I'd have to double check later to be completely certain, but I'm pretty sure it's set to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

My TV is registered to the UK.... I didn't have to reinstall the app

I got the Now TV app working alongside the uk players.

First I had to go into the Ireland Now TV app and log in, then switched back. However, you have to leave LG Location setting at Ireland. If it is the UK the app won't work.

No need for chromecast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Apologies if already asked & answered!

Is their any differences between the Now TV stick and box? OS, apps, features etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Apologies if already asked & answered!

Is their any differences between the Now TV stick and box? OS, apps, features etc?

Same OS and functionality, stick is more discrete and handier especially if you have a spare usb port on the TV to power it. Remote for the stick is wireless and doesn't require line of sight

Now TV offering 50% off the Sky Sports pass for the next 3 months - that is €20 p/m.

It will cover the rest of the Premier League season, Super 15 rugby, F1 and the Masters Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

How much data does it use per hour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

km79 wrote: »
    How much data does it use per hour ?

My guess would be between 1.5 and 2GB per hour.

Now TV outputs at 720p which would ba a HD standard.

About a gigabyte of data for a game I would think.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise the red button channels aren't on Now tv. Something they would need to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Now TV offering 50% off the Sky Sports pass for the next 3 months - that is €20 p/m.

It will cover the rest of the Premier League season, Super 15 rugby, F1 and the Masters Golf.

Just got this deal before it ended. It's my first time using Now TV. I've noticed the "Stream Quality" flicks between 3000 and 4830, but mainly the latter. I'm using the TV app version. Is this normal? and what is the highest it can go? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Ahead of the return of Game of Thrones, I'm looking for value in a 2 month Entertainment Pass. Any recommendations ?

Just got this deal before it ended. It's my first time using Now TV. I've noticed the "Stream Quality" flicks between 3000 and 4830, but mainly the latter. I'm using the TV app version. Is this normal? and what is the highest it can go? Thanks

I use chromecast or the LG tv app. Both are fine. Picture quality is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Hi guys.
    How do ye find the stream quality? I have IPTV and it's hit and miss when trying to watch games - plenty of freezing etc.
    My internet speed isn't great - probably a max of 20mbps (it's Vodafone 4g mobile broadband).
    The only thing that works flawlessly for me all the time is Netflix.

I was thinking about getting the mobile sports pack and casting it to my tv - this is €7 per month vs €39 for the tv sports pack.

Going to get rid of the IPTV now I think so looking for alternatives. I don't watch enough to justify taking out a Sky Sports sub for 40 quid a month (have the basic Sky Q).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

gaillimh wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    How do ye find the stream quality? I have IPTV and it's hit and miss when trying to watch games - plenty of freezing etc.
    My internet speed isn't great - probably a max of 20mbps (it's Vodafone 4g mobile broadband).

I was thinking about getting the mobile sports pack and casting it to my tv - this is €7 per month vs €39 for the tv sports pack.

Going to get rid of the IPTV now I think so looking for alternatives. I don't watch enough to justify taking out a Sky Sports sub for 40 quid a month (have the basic Sky Q).

Yeh NOWTV use software to dynamically change the stream quality based on what your connection is doing. And by using 4g, that connection is always up and down like a yoyo - so on their end they are probably sticking with the lower quality.

For myself, it's nearly always 720p.

What way are you looking to cast it? using which device? they have blocked nearly all options at this stage.

gaillimh wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I can't see a sports pass for 7euro a month? Am i missing something?
    My SKY is also gonna be gone in 2 weeks so I just want NOWTV sports until end of season

flexcon wrote: »
    Yeh NOWTV use software to dynamically change the stream quality based on what your connection is doing. And by using 4g, that connection is always up and down like a yoyo - so on their end they are probably sticking with the lower quality.

For myself, it's nearly always 720p.

What way are you looking to cast it? using which device? they have blocked nearly all options at this stage.
    I was hoping I'd be able to cast from my iPhone via an Apple tv 4k?
    Maybe this won't work I'd have to test it out.
    Do you find the streams freeze much?
    I'm not overly concerned with having a great picture - just want it to not freeze whilst watching a match etc.

I can't see a sports pass for 7euro a month? Am i missing something?
    My SKY is also gonna be gone in 2 weeks so I just want NOWTV sports until end of season
    It shows up when i google Now TV on my phone.
    It's for mobile devices tho

That package for €7 a month is strictly for phone use only. Vodafone have it included on some of their phone packages. I have it on mine.
    You can't cast it.

Now tv sports pass is good value if you get the discounted passes (€20 p/m). Sky seem to be offering them a lot more. I don't sign up unless it is that price.

I think lidl have now tv sticks for about €17.

Edit: it is actually €20 and is available from 01/04.

• Advertisement

That package for €7 a month is strictly for phone use only. Vodafone have it included on some of their phone packages. I have it on mine.
    You can't cast it.

Now tv sports pass is good value if you get the discounted passes (€20 p/m). Sky seem to be offering them a lot more. I don't sign up unless it is that price.

I think lidl have now tv sticks for about €17.

Ah right I thought I'd be able to cast via the Apple Tv

The sports pass?

The sports pass?

No the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi guys, just a query for you please.

Lidl has the now TV stick in today, I'm considering getting it but can you tell me if: 1, does it just stick into the back of your telly and off you go and 2, would I be able to use it from my hotspot on my phone.

I really just want if for our caravan during the summer.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

amor3 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a query for you please.

Lidl has the now TV stick in today, I'm considering getting it but can you tell me if: 1, does it just stick into the back of your telly and off you go and 2, would I be able to use it from my hotspot on my phone.

I really just want if for our caravan during the summer.

Thanks!
    As long as TV has a HDMI connection. Bonus if it has a USB port to power it. You can use your phone for the hotspot, but depends on your data allownce and quality of mobile signal at the caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

JDxtra wrote: »
    As long as TV has a HDMI connection. Bonus if it has a USB port to power it. You can use your phone for the hotspot, but depends on your data allownce and quality of mobile signal at the caravan.

Thank you. Yes I'm sure it has both hdmi and USB. I have unlimited data, sometimes the signal can be hit and miss depending on the site. I think I will give it a go so. Thanks a million!

amor3 wrote: »
    Thank you. Yes I'm sure it has both hdmi and USB. I have unlimited data, sometimes the signal can be hit and miss depending on the site. I think I will give it a go so. Thanks a million!

Unless you are in a town it is very doubtful that a mobile signal would be good enough. I would be guessing with a caravan you won't be in the best of positions.

Does anybody find that now TV constantly drops out whilst chromecasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Just this week bought a week's sports viewing from NowTV ( first time).
    Watching the Masters Golf at the moment and the viewing is driving me mad.
    Picture is going from excellent to fuzzy to dropping out altogether.

I'm on FTTH at 100mbs. No problem ever with my Netflix viewing.

Thinking it might be NowTV's server can't handle the number of users that the Masters might be generating. ???

• Advertisement

I am watching it now on the Now tv app on my LG tv and it is perfect.

Eir sports are also showing it.

Advertisement