Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Schwanz wrote: »
    I'm watching it now and it's perfect on an Apple TV box.

Make sure ya have a half decent PC though, some old ones a tripe for streaming.

Probably better off getting a stick with a free sky sports on it for the month pal

https://powercity.ie/product/4001841

I'll see how today goes but might do that for the rest of the Championship if all goes well. The laptop should be ok I hope. It's a couple of years old but has a 7th gen i7 in it. Picture looks good on the bit I streamed there after buying the pass anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

I'm watching it now and it's perfect on an Apple TV box.

Make sure ya have a half decent PC though, some old ones a tripe for streaming.

Probably better off getting a stick with a free sky sports on it for the month pal

https://powercity.ie/product/4001841

Is Now TV working now on the Apple TV box in Ireland? That's good to hear if so.

It's been brutal since I tried it for the GAA at 16:00. Blurry picture every few minutes on the PC and casting works from the phone for about 30 seconds before stalling completely. Pity.

EDIT: Near flawless since the match started (touch wood).

_

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Not a 100% sure but I think you need to be a Sky customer in order to avail of Now TV ?.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not at all, in fact it’s aimed at people who can’t or won’t take Sky or any other pay-TV service.

• Advertisement

Unless I'm missing something, there'd surely be no point to it at all if you had to be a Sky customer to get it?

Unless I'm missing something, there'd surely be no point to it at all if you had to be a Sky customer to get it?

From what I can see it’s for those with the very basic Sky subscription, no HD, no catch up tv and no Sports or movies. Now TV gives the option to dip in and out with no contract necessary. Would love to hear from a non Sky customer who has managed to access Now TV, I tried and couldn’t without being a customer.

agfasfos wrote: »
    From what I can see it’s for those with the very basic Sky subscription, no HD, no catch up tv and no Sports or movies. Now TV gives the option to dip in and out with no contract necessary. Would love to hear from a non Sky customer who has managed to access Now TV, I tried and couldn’t without being a customer.

I did it today after asking above. Signed up, bought the day pass, installed the app, and I'm watching it now. I've never had a Sky box or contract but it didn't ask for any details like that at all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Yes I use Now TV

Mainly for Sky Sports, As a shift worker I like that I can dip in and out

Bought a Now TV box and it works perfect over the wifi connection

Picture is HD, possibly 720 - a good quality

Its ok value, if you just want sports or movies you don't have to pay for all the other sky channels.

I use Freesat and Saorview for ordinary viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Wonder will we have BT on Now TV here in Ireland from August

- If it is Sky will be very careful with the price and I can't see it working out any cheaper in total compared to getting BT via a Sky Dish.

They won't want cannibalisation.

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - If it is Sky will be very careful with the price and I can't see it working out any cheaper in total compared to getting BT via a Sky Dish.

They won't want cannibalisation.

BT are the only channel showing all of The Rugby World Cup matches live AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

BT are the only channel showing all of The Rugby World Cup matches live AFAIK.

BT don’t have the RWC

In the Uk it’s ITV
    In roi RTÉ and Eir Sport

kooga wrote: »
    BT don’t have the RWC

In the Uk it’s ITV
    In roi RTÉ and Eir Sport

Glad to hear that, so it's not Pay Per View, I thought RTE had the rights to only show the Ireland games live and highlights of the rest.

Glad to hear that, so it's not Pay Per View, I thought RTE had the rights to only show the Ireland games live and highlights of the rest.

Correct - RTÉ- Ireland games may have others I font know - but between RTÉ and ITV all
    Games will be on Free to air

Obviously that tenner is going to run out today but do I need to do anything else in case they start monthly billing me or am I safe with a day pass?

Obviously that tenner is going to run out today but do I need to do anything else in case they start monthly billing me or am I safe with a day pass?

No, your subscription will elapse after 24 hours and that’s it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Irreverent wrote: »
    Is Now TV working now on the Apple TV box in Ireland? That's good to hear if so.

It doesn’t I have a UK account which gives me access for a month here at a time until that Brexit kicks in I imagine.

It doesn’t I have a UK account which gives me access for a month here at a time until that Brexit kicks in I imagine.

With a Uk account you can roam for thirty days in the eu - when roaming you can’t buy passes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am using the uk now tv app on my lg tv. I had a 3 month sports pass and it worked for the 3 months. I did eventually get an email saying I was being cut off as was roaming.

They really need to make these apps universal. Pain in the ass having to use a chromecast/phone or another box/remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I am using the uk now tv app on my lg tv. I had a 3 month sports pass and it worked for the 3 months. I did eventually get an email saying I was being cut off as was roaming.

They really need to make these apps universal. Pain in the ass having to use a chromecast/phone or another box/remote.

Mod:Deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Mod: Post Deleted

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

48 hour ban for Flexcon for discussing circumventing regional restrictions

Because there is a thread warning, the ban is immediate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Bt Sports and Premier Sports will be available later in the year according to twitter post from @NOWTVIreland.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I won a Nestle promotion for 1 month Now TV Entertainment pass.

According to the email I received I only need to login to my account and the pass would be updated to my account.

I've logged in several times but I've no pass.

Has anyone else won a pass and got it added to their account ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

I won a Nestle promotion for 1 month Now TV Entertainment pass.

According to the email I received I only need to login to my account and the pass would be updated to my account.

I've logged in several times but I've no pass.

Has anyone else won a pass and got it added to their account ?

Thanks in advance.

The auto-add feature doesn't work for the Irish site, but you can still add it manually.

Click the "Grab your pass" button in the email and it'll open up a new page, with an address along the lines of "https://www.nowtv.com/nestle?voucherCode=NOW_____"

The last part, starting with NOW, is your code, so copy that, then log into your Irish account. Go to My Passes, then click add voucher, and past the code into the field.

And you're done.

It's a bit of a roundabout way to do it, but hey, it's a free pass :)

Also remember, you have to have less than 30 days on your current pass before you can add a new one. So you can't add multiple free passes in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Ordered a Now TV stick from the Web site on Friday evening, arrived by an Post Tuesday morning, €45 with a month's sports pass.

Already a registered customer and have a box on another TV.

Stick was easy to set up and after logging in, my apps were downloaded as on my previous box.

The now tv control also control's the TV volume and stand-by, which is handy and new.

Also has a voice control, but don't bodder using that.

So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Also remember, you have to have less than 30 days on your current pass before you can add a new one. So you can't add multiple free passes in one go.

Thanks for the info, couldn't add it either.

Just started a 14 day free trial but won the free pass too.

Should I wait until the end of the trial to add the code or if I add it now will I get the 14 days plus the free month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Thanks for the info, couldn't add it either.

Just started a 14 day free trial but won the free pass too.

Should I wait until the end of the trial to add the code or if I add it now will I get the 14 days plus the free month?

As far as I can remember, you keep the 14 days if you add the pass now.

So I bought a sky sports day pass to watch the open. But the thing won't let me play it. Ive paid the 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Now TV in the UK are doing a Season Ticket for 10 months for Sky Sports at £199 which is £19.90 per month, I wish Now TV here did the same

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online

Advertisement