Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after Heart attack

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Before I heard this I was going to see Rouge One. Still going will be sad for some. I remember they did the princess Leah hair in Friends as it was a fantasy of Ross. Up until recently I would not have known her name if asked a question but sad now she is dead. Was she meant to be in the next Star Wars movie

Edit: Did not know she was as young. Thought she be Harrisons Fords age

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Before I heard this I was going to see Rouge One. Still going will be sad for some. I remember they did the princess Leah hair in Friends as it was a fantasy of Ross. Up until recently I would not have known her name if asked a question but sad now she is dead. Was she meant to be in the next Star Wars movie
    Apparently they wrapped up filming for it in July.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/756504531010138112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

If you come onto a thread like this comment then you must in some way know who the person being discussed is. Otherwise, as you say, why bother?

Claiming not to know Princess Leia or who played her is a stretch too far for me.

Like I said it's just an attempt to be cool and edgy....and frankly it gets tiresome thread after thread.

I didn't know who she was till my OH told me. I didnt know because the film's weren't my thing, but I don't have any less respect for Carrie than anyone else who passed away this year. Which kind of answers your first question, I came in to say -

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Apparently they wrapped up filming for it in July.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/756504531010138112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Thanks. Hope they find a way to wrap it up if this film does not like her dieing and been reunited with Solo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Celebrity life style is not what it seems. It will eat you up and spit you out. It destroys your soul, you lose your very self. RIP Carrie, May the force be with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Bollocks you haven't.

I haven't. Never seen Star Wars

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

Outside of Star Wars, I can only recall ever seeing her in The Burbs. That was a good laugh and has become a bit of an Easter classic in my household.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I doubt a thread will be started when you pass so at least she achieved a little more than you...

Actor dies you've never met....I'm sure you'll survive this tragedy

I doubt a thread will be started when you pass so at least she achieved a little more than you...

I'm off to kill myself now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Okay we get it, some have heard of her and some haven't.

Those that have will be sad, those that haven't will cope I am sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

digzy wrote: »

That's great. You want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Same here.

Ditto Lord of the Rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just out of Star Wars Rogue One, the notification came through as I was watching it. Seemed poignant particularly with the last scene.

Same here. Just walked out of the IMAX. Damn. Had thought she was pulling through.

Will miss her chat show appearances. Was always very present, very entertaining and very engaging.

Rest in peace.

I've no axe to grind with Carrie fisher.

I'm just so bored of people going on about the 'curse of 2016'. What's even more pathetic is going on about rip as if her family are on an Irish chat forum now.

I'd be a George Michael 'fan'. I've most of his albums and seen him live. However, he'd passed the point a few years ago where he was releasing new music or going on tour. I'm not gutted or shocked or suicidal. I wasn't his mate. I didn't look to him for moral guidance.id no interest in his personal life. I enjoyed his music. Simple as that. He died at a young age because due to his 'lifestyle' not because there was a grim reaper called 2016 taking actors/music artists/ sports people.

If someone in your immediate family dies one is gutted-rightly so.
    Upset when it's a mate or a more distant relation. This 'faux' sympathy for celebs/icons is plain tiresome.

How someone can be genuinely distraught at the passing of an actress who starred in an (admittedly) iconic movie is beyond me.

Was there a thread about aryan al kurdi like the ones here about George Michael and this one?

That's great. You want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Just answering a question. Sorry that upsets you

You're obviously expecting one about yourself so 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm just so bored of people going on about the 'curse of 2016'. What's even more pathetic is going on about rip as if her family are on an Irish chat forum now.

I'd be a George Michael 'fan'. I've most of his albums and seen him live. However, he'd passed the point a few years ago where he was releasing new music or going on tour. I'm not gutted or shocked or suicidal. I wasn't his mate. I didn't look to him for moral guidance.id no interest in his personal life. I enjoyed his music. Simple as that.

Upset when it's a mate or a more distant relation. This 'faux' sympathy for celebs/icons is plain tiresome.

How someone can be genuinely distraught at the passing of an actress who starred in an (admittedly) iconic movie is beyond me.

Was there a thread about aryan al kurdi like the ones here about George Michael and this one?

Yes, a long one;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96856534

Nice try with guilt tripping there....fortunately most people here are all well capable of feeling sympathy for people on all levels of society.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sure the AH mods will be along in due course to tidy up this train wreck, but maybe in the meantime if people could stop being dicks and trying to score points off one another for a bit that would be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes, a long one;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96856534

Nice try with guilt tripping there....fortunately most people here are all well capable of feeling sympathy for people on all levels of society.

As a father to kids of a similar age I'd find that picture of that little boy pretty distressing. There's a bit of a difference to how he died compared to George Michael or prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

As a father to kids of a similar age I'd find that picture of that little boy pretty distressing. There's a bit of a difference to how he died compared to George Michael or prince.

Cool, you should go make a thread about all your interesting opinions on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jesus, after every single celebrity death:

RIP
    So sad
    Never heard of him/her
    "Faux grief"
    Joke
    "How dare you do a joke"
    RIP to everyone who died in Ireland today
    was an icon/soundtrack to my youth

/repeat ad nauseum as new people join mid-thread

Couldn't we just express surprise/sadness or celebrate somebody's life without all the willy-waving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jesus, after every single celebrity death:

RIP
    So sad
    Never heard of him/her
    "Faux grief"
    Joke
    "How dare you do a joke"
    RIP to everyone who died in Ireland today
    was an icon/soundtrack to my youth

/repeat ad nauseum as new people join mid-thread

Couldn't we just express surprise/sadness or celebrate somebody's life without all the willy-waving?

Meh, when people have nothing interesting or original to say willy-waving is the only option left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'd be a George Michael 'fan'. I've most of his albums and seen him live. However, he'd passed the point a few years ago where he was releasing new music or going on tour. I'm not gutted or shocked or suicidal. I wasn't his mate. I didn't look to him for moral guidance.id no interest in his personal life. I enjoyed his music. Simple as that. He died at a young age because due to his 'lifestyle' not because there was a grim reaper called 2016 taking actors/music artists/ sports people.

Oh that child who was murdered by his father an economic migrant going from the safe country of Turkey? Your another SJW who hijacks threads like this and the George Michael thread that has fans of these talented people express their grieve and love of them with others who enjoyed their work and feel a common feeling of loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭gifted

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm sure the AH mods will be along in due course to tidy up this train wreck, but maybe in the meantime if people could stop being dicks and trying to score points off one another for a bit that would be great. Thanks.

It would be bloody great if you posted this in every forum on boards...

Cool, you should go make a thread about all your interesting opinions on these things.

Apparently it's been done already

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm closing this thread while we read it and deal with it.

New thread here. Anyone who carries arguments over from this thread is getting a one week ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement