Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after Heart attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know this is just the 'cool' thing to say when some-one famous passes but this is one case where it's particularly hard to believe.

It's possible s/he's never heard the name of the actress before, especially if they're younger. Not knowing Princess Leia is a massive step though, transcended the Star Wars universe and is really a pop culture icon. Not sure why you'd bother commenting on a dedicated thread if you've never heard of her though....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Whether you knew who she was or not grow up!! A mother has lost her daughter, her siblings have lost a sister and her friends have lost a friend. How many actresses were inspired by her and went into acting because of her. She was so funny as a guest on chat shows. She seemed like such an amazing person who may have been small in stature but big in comedic timing and charisma. Poor Gary will miss her. She never went anywhere without him it seemed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

digzy wrote: »
    Are we not due the obligatory
    'Would 2016 ever just fcuk off"
    'What's with this horrible year'
    Blah blah.

I never heard of her myself

So edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Oodoov wrote: »
    Star Wars aside I wouldn't have ever heard of her. Hardly a legend anyway. R.I.P.

If being a cultural icon for several decades doesn't make you a legend then I don't know what does.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Quite an unprecedented death.
    Indeed.

There's people dying that have never died before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Indeed.

There's people dying that have never died before.

I haven't heard that one... today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

R.I.P :( ...another little piece of my youth dead.

They're coming thick and fast now. I wonder who'll be next. Keith Richards had surely gotta be watching his every step now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

digzy wrote: »
    Are we not due the obligatory
    'Would 2016 ever just fcuk off"
    'What's with this horrible year'
    Blah blah.

I never heard of her myself

I doubt a thread will be started when you pass so at least she achieved a little more than you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Death must really have it against all these artists in 2016... like, what the hell. **** you Death!

RIP Princess. :(

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    So edgy.

Edge Lord of the Sith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mansize wrote: »
    Boards really is full of obnoxious pricks

Not caring about the same things as you makes one obnoxious now???

Generation snowflake in full flight here people!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

KKkitty wrote: »
    Whether you knew who she was or not grow up!! A mother has lost her daughter, her siblings have lost a sister and her friends have lost a friend. (

I agree. Poor Luke, Chewy and Darth must be truly heartbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Post #375 on the george michael thread.
    You were caught bullshtting, cop on to yourself.

Calling other people pricks when, well.......

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Death must really have it against all these artists in 2016... like, what the hell. **** you Death!

RIP Princess. :(

Yep, everyone will be safe in 2017. Nobody will die. Just a few more days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

You were making jokes about George Michael earlier. You don't get to play the high horse card.

You were making jokes about George Michael earlier. You don't get to play the high horse card.

The joke was a gentle pun on one of his songs. Not disrespectful.

Carrie to the haterz

https://twitter.com/theguyliner/status/813806425877180417

everlast75 wrote: »
    I doubt a thread will be started when you pass so at least she achieved a little more than you...

Im going to start a thread about Digzy...
    But Carrie did achieve a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Just out of Star Wars Rogue One, the notification came through as I was watching it. Seemed poignant particularly with the last scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

they care enough to post about how they really don't care though. Why bother?

Anyone who claims they don't know who Princess Leia is must have been living in a cave for the past 40 years. Or they are lying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Perhaps his post was self inclusive?

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    Perhaps his post was self inclusive?

I'm no angel but this "who are they" re v famous person is repetitive and dull

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Seems "generation snowflake" is the new "blast em with piss" go to witty comment on boards.

The joke was a gentle pun on one of his songs. Not disrespectful.

lol, get a grip, just admit that youre an obnoxious prick also, and get down off the hobby horse.

enzo roco wrote: »
    lol, get a grip, just admit that youre an obnoxious prick also, and get down off the hobby horse.

Not for you my dear.

Not for you my dear.

Ok dont but, we know you are, because of what you wrote in the george michael thread. Very obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Never seem Star Wars but everyone knows Princess Leia
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'm no angel but this "who are they" re v famous person is repetitive and dull

Carrie Fisher isn't *that* famous. I know plenty of people who haven't seen Star Wars, and she hardly had a stellar career after that.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Seems "generation snowflake" is the new "blast em with piss" go to witty comment on boards.

Right Wing Bigots use that to say what they like about people- but you can't criticise their behaviours publicly lolz

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

enzo roco wrote: »
    Ok dont but, we know you are, because of what you wrote in the george michael thread. Very obnoxious

The Careless Wispa joke? Ok petal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's possible s/he's never heard the name of the actress before, especially if they're younger. Not knowing Princess Leia is a massive step though, transcended the Star Wars universe and is really a pop culture icon. Not sure why you'd bother commenting on a dedicated thread if you've never heard of her though....

If you come onto a thread like this comment then you must in some way know who the person being discussed is. Otherwise, as you say, why bother?

Claiming not to know Princess Leia or who played her is a stretch too far for me.

Like I said it's just an attempt to be cool and edgy....and frankly it gets tiresome thread after thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement