Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after Heart attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Reports say she was out for 10 minutes before the flight could land and that's not good. That's 10 minutes her brain was oxygen deprived

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Climie Fisher. Safe and sound.

Stupid joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Did I say I had a problem with that particular post? How do you know what I do/do not feel. How do you know if I have or have not ever met her. Christ, that's is a lot of presumptions for one post.

I have concern for her because of something called empathy for other people, their lives and their families. Gasp.

I'm not taking a moral high ground. I'm calling out the beginning of the typical boards comedic posts when something **** happens another human being.

It's beyond me how someone can hear about such news and think "ooh Carrie Fisher has had a heart attack, I most pop on to boards once I come up with a tasteless gag".

I don't think after hours is the place for you, pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It should be publicised how poor her lifestyle is in order to bring high profile awareness to the dangerous of not living a healthy life.

It should be publicised how poor her lifestyle is in order to bring high profile awareness to the dangerous of not living a healthy life.

Was her lifestyle poor? I know she had drug issues in her youth, but she bravely overcame them even in the face of serious bi-polar disorder. A great role model for anyone struggling to overcome addiction.

This poor lady is gravely ill and her outcome doesn't appear to be likely to be good. She has at least one child, and I'm sure many other people who love her, and they'll all be devastated at her suffering like this.

In light of that, I think the suggestion that she should be made an example of to be in very poor taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Who's Carrie fisher when she's at home?
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Princess Leia from the Star Wars films.

no, she's Carrie Fisher

*not meant as a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Candie wrote: »
    Was her lifestyle poor? I know she had drug issues in her youth, but she bravely overcame them even in the face of serious bi-polar disorder. A great role model for anyone struggling to overcome addiction.

This poor lady is gravely ill and her outcome doesn't appear to be likely to be good. She has at least one child, and I'm sure many other people who love her, and they'll all be devastated at her suffering like this.

In light of that, I think the suggestion that she should be made an example of to be in very poor taste.

To be fair, Assetbacked's other opinions are very enlightened and in no way trollish or hypocritical:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101149358

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101972903

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

To be fair, Assetbacked's other opinions are very enlightened and in no way trollish or hypocritical:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101149358

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101972903

That's as may be, but not everything needs to be made into a proselytisation on the evils of lifestyle. There's a human being on the other end of it who probably doesn't need to know that while some people were really hoping she'd get better, others were broadcasting every detail of her life to lecture people on What Not To Do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

RIP

:(

Sad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Shocking news RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

RIP

Sad news

Has she died? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

eviltwin wrote: »

Yes was just on the radio news

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Very sad news. Sleep well Carrie Fisher :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Well feck it anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

eviltwin wrote: »

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

RIP

Maybe need a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RIP

Sad news

Indeed. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Wow. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Beam her up Scottie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The force can only get stronger .

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is there anyone left?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Ah no. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is there anyone left?

I'm still here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Wonderful woman

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

RIP

Maybe need a thread.

Thread title updated. :(

Star Wars was such a big part of my life when I was a kid. This sucks big time. RIP Princess Leia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

So Leia has become one with The Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

She's with the force now…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How f'ing awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

very upset. #onewiththeforce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement