Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after Heart attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Saw her on Graham Norton recently and she didn't look well, speech was a little off, and she seemed a bit slow.

Hopefully she'll make a full recovery, after all she is only sixty!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I hope she pulls through. Genuinely a big fan, and I don't mean her stars wars stuff. She was just a naturally really funny person. Never seen an interview where she didn't make me laugh. Even in later years where you could see her health had taken a dip. She also a really funny stage show a few years back called "wishful drinking"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Gael23 wrote: »
    Not looking too good. I always knew 2016 would end with a really high profile casualty

Utterly moronic post.

Was over filming Catastrophe's latest series in London, if it's to be her final piece of work at least she's going out at the top of her game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

RayM wrote: »
    Oh 2016, what have you done now?

"Nothing actually, I'm just a number and I don't have the capacity to actually control any of the events that occur while the earth is revolving around the sun"

I've never watched Star Wars/Trek (whichever of them she was in), but Carrie Fisher was really good as Rob Delaney's mother in Catastrophe. It doesn't sound very good at all, but I hope she makes a full recovery.

???

Sure, it's yer wan out of The Blues Brothers.

Shíte news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stoogie wrote: »

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Guardian reporting:

"Her brother, Todd Fisher, told the Associated Press she was “out of emergency” and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Guardian reporting:

"Her brother, Todd Fisher, told the Associated Press she was “out of emergency” and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened."

Now I can sleep. Didn't want to wake up on a planet without Carrie Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Now I can sleep. Didn't want to wake up on a planet without Carrie Fisher.

I didn't even quite realise why bed was a zero option until I exhaled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I don't watch Stars Wars that much but I hope she makes a full recovery after her illness. Best wishes to her and to her family.

2016 has taken too many good people away from us. Let's hope Carrie is not another one to go from it's clutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I have great admiration for her. As well as being a talented actress and writer, she spoke out about her drug addiction and mental illness before it was really common for people in the public eye to do so. She seems like a very strong woman, hopefully she can make a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

According to her brother Carrie is "out of emergency " he didn't elaborate any further. May the Force be with her and her family tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thanks for that incredible piece of advice. Someone has a heart attack and the first thing that comes to mind is make a joke of it. Posts like that and posts defending it can fcuk right off.

Are you serious? Why else would you post it to After Hours? A few years ago humour was actually the main currency in this forum. No wonder boards is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Make it, she will.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Burbs is my favourite movie with her in it. she was great in it. Hopefully she makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Hope she makes a good recovery. Seems like a very grounded person for being such a Star Wars icon, not a hint of diva off her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,827 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would suck to die on way back to your home planet. Hope she pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,827 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2016 wants all the celebrities dead and the clock is ticking
    Who can make it to midnight on the 31st alive. Stay tune, same death channel, same death time.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Sounds like she might be ok - in a stable condition as per her brother. Would she really be allowed out of ICU an hour after she had stopped breathing for 10 minutes?

I hope she will be ok. I actually thought she was nearer 70 than only 60. She was so young playing Princess Leia.

I have to say those two youtube stars jumping straight on social media were so irresponsible. They really gave the impression she was at death's door.

Rikand wrote: »
    The Burbs is my favourite movie with her in it. she was great in it. Hopefully she makes a full recovery.

forgot she was in that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Climie Fisher. Safe and sound.

Simon Climie, yes. Rob Fisher, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Shergar6 wrote: »
    Sounds like she might be ok - in a stable condition as per her brother. Would she really be allowed out of ICU an hour after she had stopped breathing for 10 minutes?

I hope she will be ok. I actually thought she was nearer 70 than only 60. She was so young playing Princess Leia.

I have to say those two youtube stars jumping straight on social media were so irresponsible. They really gave the impression she was at death's door.

Her brother is now saying he never said she was stable
    There really is not much to say. She is in the intensive care unit, she is being well looked after. If everyone could just pray for her that would be good. The doctors are doing their thing and we don’t want to bug them. We are waiting by patiently.”

He also addressed an earlier comment attributed to him, in which he was alleged to have said his sister was in “stable condition.”

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Her brother is now saying he never said she was stable

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Ah ok, so I can't post concern but others can posts jokes about a heart attack.

Gotcha.

Seriously, get over yourself. You have as much concern for this woman you never met as me or anyone else. Don't purport to assume that saying 'may the force...' meant that I hoped this woman dies and leaves behind a heartbroken family and millions of fans.

I watched the original Star wars like millions of others and loved it. Carrie is a superstar!

I hope she is ok as I would hope anyone is that has a heart attack.

Taking the moral high ground, at least in this instance, has made you look incredibly foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Simon Climie, yes. Rob Fisher, not so much.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Even if she was stable, that could also mean anything and it certainly shouldn't suggest that she's on the mend.
    The odds are stacked against her, I think that's a fair statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

RayM wrote: »
    Oh 2016, what have you done now?

"Nothing actually, I'm just a number and I don't have the capacity to actually control any of the events that occur while the earth is revolving around the sun"

I've never watched Star Wars/Trek (whichever of them she was in), but Carrie Fisher was really good as Rob Delaney's mother in Catastrophe. It doesn't sound very good at all, but I hope she makes a full recovery.
    I hate the "2016 is evil" thing too. People die.

Also, even though I'm mad into science fiction, I never 'did' Star Wars, and never got the Princess Leia thing. But she's a funny woman, with biting humour. I hope she pulls through. On 8 Out of 10 Cats the other day, she was saying she was going to her mother's for Christmas. Debbie Reynolds is 84 now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are you serious? Why else would you post it to After Hours? A few years ago humour was actually the main currency in this forum. No wonder boards is dying.

So you are saying we post it in AH, not because she is one of the most instantly recognisable pop culture icons in history, but so moronic posts can be whipped up.

Posting humourless **** about human beings and others defending it. No wonder boards is dying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Seriously, get over yourself. You have as much concern for this woman you never met as me or anyone else. Don't purport to assume that saying 'may the force...' meant that I hoped this woman dies and leaves behind a heartbroken family and millions of fans.

I watched the original Star wars like millions of others and loved it. Carrie is a superstar!

I hope she is ok as I would hope anyone is that has a heart attack.

Taking the moral high ground, at least in this instance, has made you look incredibly foolish.

Did I say I had a problem with that particular post? How do you know what I do/do not feel. How do you know if I have or have not ever met her. Christ, that's is a lot of presumptions for one post.

I have concern for her because of something called empathy for other people, their lives and their families. Gasp.

I'm not taking a moral high ground. I'm calling out the beginning of the typical boards comedic posts when something **** happens another human being.

It's beyond me how someone can hear about such news and think "ooh Carrie Fisher has had a heart attack, I most pop on to boards once I come up with a tasteless gag".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

If you're referring to "may the force be with her" comments they are clearly written with affection by her fans. I'm struggling to see what's offensive there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Did I say I had a problem with that particular post? How do you know what I do/do not feel. How do you know if I have or have not ever met her. Christ, that's is a lot of presumptions for one post.

Have you met her?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement