Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after Heart attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

mansize wrote: »
    Right Wing Bigots use that to say what they like about people- but you can't criticise their behaviours publicly lolz

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I'm not a right wing bigot, but I find it a very appropriate term. People are such drama queens these days. The slightest thing causes offense, these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Would yous shut the **** up about snowflakes? Carrie Fisher is ****ing dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Saipanne wrote: »
    Carrie Fisher isn't *that* famous. I know plenty of people who haven't seen Star Wars, and she hardly had a stellar career after that.

I've never seen a full movie, I'm very aware who she is.

Anyone with any rudimentary use of the internet would know Carrie Fisher or not feel the need to post in this thread if they didn't...

I've never seen a full movie, I'm very aware who she is.

Anyone with any rudimentary use of the internet would know Carrie Fisher or not feel the need to post in this thread if they didn't...

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to meet an adult today who wouldn't know her. Or do you think every human on the planet with internet knows her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Awful bitchiness on an rip thread. Shameful.
    Rip Carrie your legacy as princess lea will live on.

• Advertisement

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to meet an adult today who wouldn't know her. Or do you think every human on the planet with internet knows her?

If they didn't, I can't imagine they'd feel the need to post in this thread.

That, imho is cüntish behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's bigger battles in life than getting annoyed at somebody boasting about their embarrassing lack of cultural knowledge. Ye're all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

If you come onto a thread like this comment then you must in some way know who the person being discussed is. Otherwise, as you say, why bother?

Claiming not to know Princess Leia or who played her is a stretch too far for me.

Like I said it's just an attempt to be cool and edgy....and frankly it gets tiresome thread after thread.

Or maybe people haven't seen Star Wars and don't know who she was? Not like she was a movie legend in a Clint Eastwood/De Niro mould.

Oodoov wrote: »
    Or maybe people haven't seen Star Wars and don't know who she was? Not like she was a movie legend in a Clint Eastwood/De Niro mould.

Why post then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Ohmigod I grew up listening to her music in the eighties.

Now she is in heaven with Jason Donovan.

• Advertisement

If they didn't, I can't imagine they'd feel the need to post in this thread.

That, imho is cüntish behaviour.

mansize on the death of George Michael:

"I thought it was after he slipped on a chocolate wrapper...

Initial reports indicate a careless wispa..."

I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I ask again.....why bother posting in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

And Google is only an internet tab away for cases like these.

Posting 'Who?' or 'I don't know who that is' is a stupid thing to do, and it can only be designed to annoy other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

If you asked me this morning who played Princess Leia I wouldn't have been able to give you an answer.

I couldn't be arsed with Star Wars, I'd heard of Princess Leia but just don't know the cast. I'm sure there's plenty of others.

I also wouldn't be arsed with going into a thread to state that I don't know her for no reason at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hollis Hurlbut

What a train wreck. No such rubbish on the Carrie Fisher Reddit thread. Bunch of sad bstards on this forum. Probably the same ones posting the last 3 or 4 days.

Says it all. Feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Who?

mansize on the death of George Michael:

"I thought it was after he slipped on a chocolate wrapper...

Initial reports indicate a careless wispa..."

I rest my case.

Also in that thread, how GM helped me come to terms with my sexuality l, praise for his musical genius and altruism, but the chocolate joke was abhorrent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Maybe I'm getting very old, but there seems to have been too many celebrities/actors/musicians/broadcasters etc that have died this year, 2016.

May they all rest in peace, the world will miss their presence.

Also in that thread, how GM helped me come to terms with my sexuality l, praise for his musical genius and altruism, but the chocolate joke was abhorrent...

Yes, it was. Your sexuality doesn't give you a free pass on mocking his death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

sabat wrote: »
    Wow that's spooky; I was only this very morning listening to 'Love Changes Everything.' I hope he pulls through OK.

Would you believe Simon Climie was on BBC this morning talking about George Michaels death. Climie wrote "I knew you were waiting " for GM and Arethra Franklin. He sang a few bars of it himself there.
    He seemed in the absolute whole of his health, thank God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Claiming not to know Princess Leia or who played her is a stretch too far for me.

I absolutely agree with you on Leia. Not knowing Carrie Fisher by name isn't that far of a stretch for, say, an 18 year old. Same goes for Mark Hamill, I'd argue a lot more people would know the name character's name Luke Skywalker than they would his actual name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What a train wreck. No such rubbish on the Carrie Fisher Reddit thread. Bunch of sad bstards on this forum. Probably the same ones posting the last 3 or 4 days.

Says it all. Feel sorry for you.

Reddit is like Mos Eisley.

Yes, it was. Your sexuality doesn't give you a free pass on mocking his death.

Where did I say it was??? Just put me on ignore or
    Report the post petal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Gone to the great Death Star in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She could have milked that role for all it's worth, but she had the grace not to let it define her. She played someone out of this world, but couldn't be more down to earth .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

infogiver wrote: »
    Would you believe Simon Climie was on BBC this morning talking about George Michaels death. Climie wrote "I knew you were waiting " for GM and Arethra Franklin. He sang a few bars of it himself there.
    He seemed in the absolute whole of his health, thank God

Seriously? The other bloke in Climie Fisher died quite young IIRC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Seriously? The other bloke in Climie Fisher died quite young IIRC.

I didn't realise Rob Fisher had died. And so young. Simon Climie seems to have done very well from writing pop songs. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

She was always very open in her interviews, including discussing her mental health and Bipolar disorder which I'm sure others with the condition appreciated.

A shame anyone that young dies. RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement