Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian ambassador to Turkey assassinated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

We in the west need to accept that some societies need totalitarian oppressive dictatorships in which dissenters are kept in check or disappeared, free elections are non existent and where human rights, personal freedoms, equality and tolerance are foreign notions.

No we need secular societies with good governance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    No we need secular societies with good governance.

By middle eastern standards, Syria prior to the war was a secular nation. Western intervention has destroyed Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

sjb25 wrote: »
    Sent it down me for a second aswell think its an unfortunate coincidence tho but fcuking hell :eek:

Even weirder is the logo for the Euro truck simulator has the same make, model and colour of truck as the one here. Tis been a weird aul year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    The drone they stole was in the Philippines' backyard.

The south china sea is close to China. Not close to Washington. Clue is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No, we don't.

What are you gonna do about it? Boots on the ground is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Someone will be fingered by Turkey to show they are co-operating now is it the real suspects or not that is up in the air

They should actually give them a good fisting instead, to show they really mean business.

There will be no World War Three any time soon. People were saying there would be a third world war during the 50s,60s, 70s, 80,s right up till the war on terror. The world has been in more precarious times and the possibility of a third world seems unlikely imo. If there wasn't a third World War when 1 third of the world was communist then I don't think it it will happen now.

Its just these things get wildly inflated due to the amount of media platforms that didn't exist in previous times.

WWIII nearly happened. More than once. The earth got lucky.

Unless all nukes are designed commissioned it will happen some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Pete Moss wrote: »
    They should actually give them a good fisting instead, to show they really mean business.

Sorry what. AH sorry this is After Hours very good

No, we don't.

What evidence would convince you that neo-con fantasys about democracies in the middle east are nonsense. (Lies rather than naivety though).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

pray for berlin

Wtf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

noodler wrote: »
    Wtf

Just bad timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just bad timing.

Very dodgey username and boards.ie join date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Just bad timing.

It would be bad timing if it made sense in the context of the thread, which it doesn't........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

The south china sea is close to China. Not close to Washington. Clue is in the name.

I never wrote the drone was picked up closer to the US than China. I wrote the drone was in the Philippines' waters. Not Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What evidence would convince you that neo-con fantasys about democracies in the middle east are nonsense. (Lies rather than naivety though).

Sure, democracy is a neo con fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This hasn't been getting as much news coverage as it should be. Imagine an American or British ambassador being shot dead live on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This hasn't been getting as much news coverage as it should be. Imagine an American or British ambassador being shot dead live on tv.
    Think it's just being overshadowed by Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Yeah I took a look. Really mundane dispersed comments. What is bizarre to me;

1) The user name
    2) The registration date of the account
    3) The comment in the context of this thread and on the first page as this story was only developing

Just a bizarre coincidence?? Hopefully it is because the username sent a chill down my spine. Hard to know.

I would think that someone with that username is a stoner. And I can imagine them in a haze of smoke looking at this and giggling like mad.

Don't worry though, in about 2 hours he's going to get the munchies really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Think it's just being overshadowed by Berlin.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the two events are connected. The timing is too perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What is Aleppo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What is Aleppo?
    How's life Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

What is Aleppo?

Someone with half their face hanging off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Best case scenario here is that when Trump takes office, he buries this whole NATO thing or at least chucks Turkey out. They are a liability.
    Turkey most likely has little to do with this, apart from being a neighbour to a country in an extreme state of civil war.

This satellite visualization released a week ago showed the level of destruction of Aleppo even in September,
    https://twitter.com/mbesheer/status/808758325215166468
    (source pdf: http://unosat-maps.web.cern.ch/unosat-maps/SY/CE20130604SYR/UNOSAT_A3_Aleppo_Damage_Density_20160918_v2opt.pdf )

The UN is saying that the recent intense bombing is most likely a war crime. There was no international consensus on a way to prevent this happening. Although it may eventually shorten the war, this would not have happened without Russian support.

Given all of this, it's not exactly surprising that there's some sort of reprisal against the Russian state by those affected, or those nearby who are culturally connected and sympathetic to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

First the "coup"

Then the "Kurdish suicide bomber"

And now the Russian ambassador "assassinated"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How's life Gary?

Howiyeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

noodler wrote: »
    Very dodgey username and boards.ie join date.
    snotboogie wrote: »
    It would be bad timing if it made sense in the context of the thread, which it doesn't........

Its conspiracy stuff. If you feel there is something wrong about it, then report those posts to the proper authorities. Its just bad timing.

Sure, democracy is a neo con fantasy.

I said "democracies in the middle east". Should I explain how in the middle east modifies the sentence or can you work it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

In Mother Russia, Turkey shoot you...

Stupid joke is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Gringo180 wrote: »

The pundits on sky news at 10:30 actually looked happy about it. One stated "these things happen when you provoke people"

Pretty sad actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Oodoov wrote: »
    Stupid joke is stupid.

You should head over to the chocolate thread :D

Advertisement