Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian ambassador to Turkey assassinated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Cordell wrote: »
    No, the WWI was not caused by an assassination, but you can say that it was just sparked by one. There was a much more complex chain of events before and following the assassination and there were mounting tensions between the parties. The today's event is nothing like that one, both in terms of context and motives.
    So chill, no WWIII yet.

Someone talking sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Reports of shooting at US embassy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

It hasent been mentioned on Rte tv news yet ???

Can someone give them a ring .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Never underestimate these Islamic killers. They have been silent recently compared to the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just mentioned on RTE news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No, the WWI was not caused by an assassination, but you can say that it was just sparked by one. There was a much more complex chain of events before and following the assassination and there were mounting tensions between the parties. The today's event is nothing like that one, both in terms of context and motives.
    So chill, no WWIII yet.

Yes. Proxy war in Syria, Turkey shoot down Russian plane, Non Elected Eurocrats at odds with Russia for no apparent reason, near weekly murders & attacks on European Citizens from Islamists, European citizens at odds with government's over Islamic Immigration. Loads of little appetisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Sky keep mentioning approaching the 'endgame'. Such an omnimous sounding phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Reports of shooting at US embassy now.

This is referencing the same event.The incident occurred near the US Embassy.
    (from twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RT have showed pictures from twitter of the dead ambassador, quite graphic.

edit they have clarified it was the gunman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

So chill, no WWIII yet.

There's a fairly complex series of alliances, antagonisms and tensions on the middle east right now.

In school I argued both ways on the assassination of the archduke. Histography is hindsight.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Sky keep mentioning approaching the 'endgame'. Such an omnimous sounding phrase.

The endgame plan for Syria. Divide up the country or some sort of deal like north Syria becoming a Turkiah territory

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Sky and the like need to keep the public terrified to keep selling their product

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Best case scenario here is that when Trump takes office, he buries this whole NATO thing or at least chucks Turkey out. They are a liability.

I genuinely feel safer from the threat of War with Trump around than Clinton. The US-Russian relationship is key to peace. The U.S voter may have played a blinder with this one

News black out in Turkey

I wonder if the shooter was a supporter of those lovely rebels the west and Turkey support...

Best case scenario here is that when Trump takes office, he buries this whole NATO thing or at least chucks Turkey out. They are a liability.

I genuinely feel safer from the threat of War with Trump around than Clinton. The US-Russian relationship is key to peace. The U.S voter may have played a blinder with this one

I wanted Trump to win, he did say some sensible stuff and getting along with Russia was one of them.
    At least with current events Turkey will never be in the EU, wish they had peace there, but they were never suitable for the EU.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wonder if the shooter was a supporter of those lovely rebels the west and Turkey support...

Good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Sky and the like need to keep the public terrified to keep selling their product

Not to mention Denis O'Brien's stable with Chris O'Donoghue really hyping the story on Newstalk. I'm off to build a bunker on the strength of his reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There's still China - they're the ones with the expansionist policies they wanted us to think the Russians have, but if things cool off between the west and the federation, and they're allowed out of the corner they're being forced into, then China is much less likely to "go German" because they're much less likely to have an ally in Russia regarding resources and weapons. The loss of consumers would be too great for them to risk.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Not to mention Denis O'Brien's stable with Chris O'Donoghue really hyping the story on Newstalk. I'm off to build a bunker on the strength of his reporting.

So its a bunker made of pyrite and straw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

I genuinely feel safer from the threat of War with Trump around than Clinton.

So do I.

RT just said that Russia were targeting the oil supply chain of ISIS which was sold in Turkey and trying to stop that funding of ISIS, when Turkey shot down their plane, they went onto say that President Erdogan's son was main beneficiary of these illegal oil sales in Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

RT just said that Russia were targeting the oil supply chain of ISIS which was sold in Turkey and trying to stop that funding of ISIS, when Turkey shot down their plane, they went onto say that President Erdogan's son was main beneficiary of these illegal oil sales in Turkey.

Gloves are off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The images looks like they are straight out of Reservoir Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The ones Russia are bombing? Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Come on in to the EU.

Turkey is so welcome. Aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Incident @ U.S. embassy also?

sjb25 wrote: »
    Incident @ U.S. embassy also?

No, that is all due to the incident with the Russian ambassador.

There's still China - they're the ones with the expansionist policies they wanted us to think the Russians have, but if things cool off between the west and the federation, and they're allowed out of the corner they're being forced into, then China is much less likely to "go German" because they're much less likely to have an ally in Russia regarding resources and weapons. The loss of consumers would be too great for them to risk.

China doesn't seem to have any ambitions beyond its backyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

No, that is all due to the incident with the Russian ambassador.

Ahh that makes sense

Advertisement