Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian ambassador to Turkey assassinated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Russians ain't exactly the nice guys though are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Not if you listen to western propoganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Oh well.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Terrorist scumbag. R.i.p. to the ambassador.

Not if you listen to western propoganda.

Or if you actually look for the truth

• Advertisement

They aren't. Neither are America by a long shot. I wonder if it was the American ambassador would you be making a similar comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

China doesn't seem to have any ambitions beyond its backyard.

The drone they stole was in the Philippines' backyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oodoov wrote: »
    Terrorist scumbag. R.i.p. to the ambassador.

Depending on where you're coming from. One man's freedom fighter...

Del.Monte wrote: »

And your own view?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some reports stating that the shooter had a Policeman's ID on him and that gallery staff assumed he was part of the ambassador's security personal

• Advertisement

Hopefully Russia learns its lesson from this and gets out of Syria. There will never be peace while Assad is in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A lone gunman my foot.
    I have no doubt state actors were involved in this, the only question is which country sanctioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very much a terrorist.

Oodoov wrote: »
    They aren't. Neither are America by a long shot. I wonder if it was the American ambassador would you be making a similar comment.

I would actually

A lone gunman my foot.
    I have no doubt state actors were involved in this, the only question is which country sanctioned it.

Top of my list if a country was involved...Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some reports stating that the shooter had a Policeman's ID on him and that gallery staff assumed he was part of the ambassador's security personal

He was a policeman, not just pretending to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Hopefully Russia learns its lesson from this and gets out of Syria. There will never be peace while Assad is in power.

You condone this act of terrorism then?

All this stems from the disastrous invasion of Iraq, which was a catalyst for the Arab Spring and which has brought nothing but one disaster after another and too many lives lost to count.
    US foreign policy is the root that grew all these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Slydice wrote:
    Wow, Not a SINGLE word about this on TV3 news.
    What an embarrassment!

Typical, would have cut into precious advertising time since they don't get the tv licence fee.. lol

There certainly won't be peace at this stage if he goes at this stage. The best scenario is if America and Russia throwaway the chess board, come together to defeat the islamist rebels, then perhaps if Russia is convinced the threat to them from Islamic terrorism is neutralised, and their interests in Syria are secured, they might be prepared to see Assad go in an agreed political transition.

• Advertisement

You condone this act of terrorism then?

Never. But I condemn Russia's warcrimes in Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I watched this on ITV News in the last hour as it was their main story. They said the ambassador was shot a total of nine times when he was killed.

Very shocking attack. A frightening moment to be in the art gallery if it happened in front of you. Everyone in the gallery was trumatised at that moment.

And a diplomat's family are emotionally traumatised by finding out that they have lost a loved one of theirs 6 days before Christmas.

It is one strange story after another when looking at these attacks happening in Europe regularly. I have no idea when these attacks will end for good. Nobody seems to come up with any answers to make them stop for good. There will always be people who will carry them out because simply they are not right in their own heads & who want to destroy the foundations of society for their own good.

Sensible people here in Europe would instantly disagree with that principle. So why should it remain to carry more misery upon us without any call for it to stop?

Did you have the same view when Stevens was killed in Benghazi? His killers probably thought they were freedom fighters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Never underestimate these Islamic killers. They have been silent recently compared to the start of the year.

A church was blown up in Cairo 8 days ago, 25 dead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botroseya_Church_bombing

Never. But I condemn Russia's warcrimes in Syria.

They are the only ones fighting terrorists whilst America funds them. Civilians unfortunately die in war. You think the British pilots in WW2 dropping bombs on Dresden killing countless innocents should have been charged with warcrimes? There is no difference.

Did you have the same view when Stevens was killed in Benghazi? His killers probably thought they were freedom fighters too.

Even IRA scumbags considered themselves freedom fighters. When looking at these things there has to be such a thing as "objective wrong" and regardless of the circumstances or one's motivations killing an unarmed diplomat of your enemy is always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Oodoov wrote:
    They are the only ones fighting terrorists whilst America funds them. Civilians unfortunately die in war. You think the British pilots in WW2 dropping bombs on Dresden killing countless innocents should have been charged with warcrimes? There is no difference.

History is always written by the victors of battle, so it's always from a perspective of sides.
    Equally one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

News coming out of Berlin, a truck attack into a christmas market. Shot reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

News coming out of Berlin, a truck attack into a christmas market. Shot reported.

Oh man, this is just horrendous. Hope it isn't what's being reported similar to Nice.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Top of my list if a country was involved...Saudi Arabia.

It would not surprise me. Remember this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/10266957/Saudis-offer-Russia-secret-oil-deal-if-it-drops-Syria.html

Advertisement