Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian ambassador to Turkey assassinated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Angela Merkel please go for the greater good of Europe you fcuking idiot.

Twitter is rife with reports of casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

News coming out of Berlin, a truck attack into a christmas market. Shot reported.

Ah lads FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Even IRA scumbags considered themselves freedom fighter

Troll

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    When looking at these things there has to be such a thing as "objective wrong" and regardless of the circumstances or one's motivations killing an unarmed diplomat of your enemy is always wrong.

The op does not seem to think so, which is why i put that question to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

So much Russiaphobia and we don't know fact from fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oodoov wrote: »
    And your own view?

Personally I think shooting an unarmed diplomat is a cowardly act but then again I regard Russian bombing in Syria as equally cowardly. Likewise the mess created by America in Iraq is equally despicable. It's a strange old world we live in where if you or I kill somebody we go to prison but Heads of State seem untouchable and can kill hundreds of thousands on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

China doesn't seem to have any ambitions beyond its backyard.

Nearly 1.4 billion people on a landmass that size, there's only one direction that's going to go. Outwards. First thing you'll notice is oil prices sky rocketing as Chinese purchasers offer more for oil than the usual customers.
    Watch India and Pakistan, too. They've already fought over water, the next punch up will be much uglier.
    By comparison, The Russians have 150 million on one of the world's largest, most resource rich landmasses. They don't need to expand, they choose to out of opposition. The Chinese will need to. Very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

philstar wrote: »
    this it folks this it it.....WW III

You think nuclear war will break out because a lone nut assassinated a Russian diplomat?
    Well WW1 started because one eijit assassinated someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

pray for berlin

:eek: This was posted
    Today, 17:37 before the event just now in Berlin

And look at the posters Name

Users Profile NEW joined 16-12-16
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=827023

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Personally I think shooting an unarmed diplomat is a cowardly act but then again I regard Russian bombing in Syria as equally cowardly. Likewise the mess created by America in Iraq is equally despicable. It's a strange old world we live in where if you or I kill somebody we go to prison but Heads of State seem untouchable and can kill hundreds of thousands on a whim.

As long as the Gulf sheikhs continue to thrive out of wars in the region and Islamic terrorism we in Europe are going to have to expect increasing number of immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

What was pray for Berlin about earlier in thread?? This is weird

DominoDub wrote: »

WTF :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

There will be no World War Three any time soon. People were saying there would be a third world war during the 50s,60s, 70s, 80,s right up till the war on terror. The world has been in more precarious times and the possibility of a third world seems unlikely imo. If there wasn't a third World War when 1 third of the world was communist then I don't think it it will happen now.

Its just these things get wildly inflated due to the amount of media platforms that didn't exist in previous times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

We could be on the brink of ww3 here guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Not likely. Turkey will cop-operate with Russia and help them catch any other people involved. If the Turkish government had involvement thats a different matter.

DominoDub wrote: »

Users Profile NEW joined 16-12-16
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=827023

That is really bizarre.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

pray for berlin

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That is really bizarre.

I would hope it's just a coincidence

You're late to the party. The World has been on the brink plenty of times before and this is quite different.

That is really bizarre.

Look at poster's other posts - completely mundane and anybody could have posted such a comment as Germany is an obvious target. A lone wolf attack is the most obvious conclusion in this case and not a conspiracy run by a Boards poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RobertKK wrote: »
    All this stems from the disastrous invasion of Iraq, which was a catalyst for the Arab Spring and which has brought nothing but one disaster after another and too many lives lost to count.
    US foreign policy is the root that grew all these problems.

We in the west need to accept that some societies need totalitarian oppressive dictatorships in which dissenters are kept in check or disappeared, free elections are non existent and where human rights, personal freedoms, equality and tolerance are foreign notions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

It will be all forgotten about in a few days time by most of the world.
    Sad but true.
    No world war or anything like it.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Look at poster's other posts - completely mundane and anybody could have posted such a comment as Germany is an obvious target. A lone wolf attack is the most obvious conclusion in this case and not a conspiracy run by a Boards poster.

Yeah I took a look. Really mundane dispersed comments. What is bizarre to me;

1) The user name
    2) The registration date of the account
    3) The comment in the context of this thread and on the first page as this story was only developing

Just a bizarre coincidence?? Hopefully it is because the username sent a chill down my spine. Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I don't see another WW, but I don't see a measured response from Russia either.

I wouldn't be booking any flights with Turkish Airlines anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Getting serious..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Not likely. Turkey will cop-operate with Russia and help them catch any other people involved. If the Turkish government had involvement thats a different matter.

Someone will be fingered by Turkey to show they are co-operating now is it the real suspects or not that is up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

pray for berlin

This is strange given the last half an hour?? ^^^^

EDIT: I just realised others had been discussing this as I was going through other comments, bizarre post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

pray for berlin

Jaysus dude, bad evening to post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

We in the west need to accept that some societies need totalitarian oppressive dictatorships in which dissenters are kept in check or disappeared, free elections are non existent and where human rights, personal freedoms, equality and tolerance are foreign notions.
    No, we don't.

• Advertisement

Yeah I took a look. Really mundane dispersed comments. What is bizarre to me;

1) The user name
    2) The registration date of the account
    3) The comment in the context of this thread and on the first page as this story was only developing

Just a bizarre coincidence?? Hopefully it is because the username sent a chill down my spine. Hard to know.

Sent it down me for a second aswell think its an unfortunate coincidence tho but fcuking hell :eek:

Advertisement