Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

For anyone who is a currently serving clerical officer and wants to stay in their unit ask HR to see if they can keep you on. I'm in Housing and had been assigned to the Guards a week into my first week as a Clerical Officer ( I'd previously worked 11 months last year as temporary clerical officer) Anyway just ask I got my letter today and I'm staying in my unit. My case officer told me there a lot of vacancies in the Guards so unfortunately that seems to be the place to go their trying to. Their target is 4000 civilian staff which is 20% and their having to put out a tender in order to hire a company to bypass PAS as their simply not getting the staff quickly enough. You'll still be a civil servant so once you've got your two years done you can apply for a transfer. Thanks for all the useful information

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

nmcg67 wrote: »
    For anyone who is a currently serving clerical officer and wants to stay in their unit ask HR to see if they can keep you on. I'm in Housing and had been assigned to the Guards a week into my first week as a Clerical Officer ( I'd previously worked 11 months last year as temporary clerical officer) Anyway just ask I got my letter today and I'm staying in my unit. My case officer told me there a lot of vacancies in the Guards so unfortunately that seems to be the place to go their trying to. Their target is 4000 civilian staff which is 20% and their having to put out a tender in order to hire a company to bypass PAS as their simply not getting the staff quickly enough. You'll still be a civil servant so once you've got your two years done you can apply for a transfer. Thanks for all the useful information

Hi,

Who and when do I ask? Is it HR when they call to say that they’ve reached my place or do I contact HR myself sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

Give HR a heads up before they reach you place. I managed to get placed after i'd gotten the message from public jobs saying I had been assigned to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 happymammy6

Can people assigned to AGS tell of there experiences. I've been offered a position in AGS but my friend got EO few months back and is miserable said guards / sergeants been put out to front line policing and there not happy and she got no training and they will not train her in or hardly speak to her in office. I don't want take position if I'm going be un happy. I'm a CO 2 years and loving my Department so nice and friendly they did request me but had no luck. So can I hear people's experiences of AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 heathm

Can people assigned to AGS tell of there experiences. I've been offered a position in AGS but my friend got EO few months back and is miserable said guards / sergeants been put out to front line policing and there not happy and she got no training and they will not train her in or hardly speak to her in office. I don't want take position if I'm going be un happy. I'm a CO 2 years and loving my Department so nice and friendly they did request me but had no luck. So can I hear people's experiences of AGS.

I started a few weeks ago and love it. It probably depends

where you end up. I work in an office with 2 cos and a guard and from what I have seen there has been no resentment towards the new civilians coming in.
    As for training I think I got lucky and was given some really helpful notes and everyone I spoke to has no problem helping you.
    Its very interesting work and you will never be bored. You just need to get use to the chain of command and where to send everything and you will be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 starfish22

Has anyone ever appealed when they have been told they aren't eligible? I'm considering doing this as I feel I have the qualifications.. not sure how long it takes or what way it works or if anyone is successful in doing so.. any advice would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭irishfemme

Yes, I appealed & won it. Although my circumstances may be different to yours but you have nothing to lose. Pm me & i ll tell you the steps i took.

te
    starfish22 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever appealed when they have been told they aren't eligible? I'm considering doing this as I feel I have the qualifications.. not sure how long it takes or what way it works or if anyone is successful in doing so.. any advice would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Anyone hear anything from batch 5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

For anyone that has been offered a place from inter-d, how long do you have to decide?

Update from PAS on Meath batch 5.1 it hasn’t been added onto the panel yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Update from PAS on Meath batch 5.1 it hasn’t been added onto the panel yet

So what happens now

audrey2014 wrote: »
    So what happens now

I don’t know I emailed them back no reply yet. I was told previous batch was exhausted so don’t why it’s taking so long to start on our batch. I know there looking for EO’s in Meath so can’t understand it.

I don’t know I emailed them back no reply yet. I was told previous batch was exhausted so don’t why it’s taking so long to start on our batch. I know there looking for EO’s in Meath so can’t understand it.
    The files were only handed over to the clearance Dept end of last week so you should hear something this week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mitchells33

SxQ2449 wrote: »
    It depends if the appointments are from the inter-d or the open panel, I am not 100% sure if the Interdepartmental stream of this campaign is considered a 'confined' competition or not (Like an internal promotion would be). My understanding of starting pay on promotion is as follows (open to correction)

Promotion through an open competition the options are A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) whichever is more favorable

Through confined competition A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) plus an immediate increment on the new scale whichever is more favorable

Can anyone confirm if this is the case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Can anyone confirm if this is the case!!

What SxQ stated is correct.

You go to the nearest point on the new scale plus one increment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Trio123

Has anyone here been assigned to the Garda ombudsman? What's it like to work in and is there flexi time available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tzutzi80

Biffo1991 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Called PAS today regarding the Offaly panel, was told they will be moving onto batch 5.1 in the next week or so and confirmed panel expiring in April.

When you get offered a role, am I correct in saying they don't tell you what department its for?

I am on that panel too. No.10 . I wonder if they reach me before it expires. Is it due to expire in April?

Tzutzi80 wrote: »
    I am on that panel too. No.10 . I wonder if they reach me before it expires. Is it due to expire in April?

I'm panelled for Tipp with my friend. She rang PAS today and was told they didn't know if they'd get to her. There's 6 in front of her. They did not know anything really

audrey2014 wrote: »
    I'm panelled for Tipp with my friend. She rang PAS today and was told they didn't know if they'd get to her. There's 6 in front of her. They did not know anything really

At this stage, I don't even know what would be better, to be honest. If I get it, I will have to move from Co.Cork to Co.Offaly. And with the level of rent increase in that area from 2016 to now ... it's daunting.
    Do you get any financial help towards moving, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Farney1

Hi Just wondering has anyone from batch 5.1 received any job offers yet???

• Advertisement

Farney1 wrote: »

No still waiting

Farney1 wrote: »

For what county?

Tzutzi80 wrote: »
    For what county?

Meath

Anyone hear anything from batch 5.1 for any county. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roses_blue

Anyone hear anything from batch 5.1 for any county. Thanks

Nope, heard nothing yet. It’s starting to look like they’re aren’t any vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IMC2009

I contacted clearance this morning. I came 1st for batch 5.1 in my area. As of last week there were 2 people from the previous batch still on the panel. When I rang this morning i was told there are 5 ahead of me. The lady I spoke to said "this is a worst case scenario" and suggested some people may have failed part of the clearance process and have gone back on to the panel. I asked if this has happened in the past week and she said she could not tell.
    I'm external so do not know the exact workings of the panel but this makes no sense to me. How can my position have worsened?

She also said there are currently no vacancies in my area but i have been told of 6 from a HEO in the area. So I cannot understand the delay!?

IMC2009 wrote: »
    I contacted clearance this morning. I came 1st for batch 5.1 in my area. As of last week there were 2 people from the previous batch still on the panel. When I rang this morning i was told there are 5 ahead of me. The lady I spoke to said "this is a worst case scenario" and suggested some people may have failed part of the clearance process and have gone back on to the panel. I asked if this has happened in the past week and she said she could not tell.
    I'm external so do not know the exact workings of the panel but this makes no sense to me. How can my position have worsened?

She also said there are currently no vacancies in my area but i have been told of 6 from a HEO in the area. So I cannot understand the delay!?

Can I ask what county are you. That does not make sense how there can be two and then five

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IMC2009

Can I ask what county are you. That does not make sense how there can be two and then five

Roscommon.
    This is why I'm so confused I cannot understand how my position has worsened.

IMC2009 wrote: »
    Roscommon.
    This is why I'm so confused I cannot understand how my position has worsened.

Doesn’t make sense, if people failed some part of the clearance process how are they back on the panel they should be removed.
    It’s mad I’m number 1 on my batch 5.1 and heard nothing and where I work are looking for three EO’s I can’t understand why it’s taking so long

• Advertisement

Doesn’t make sense, if people failed some part of the clearance process how are they back on the panel they should be removed.
    It’s mad I’m number 1 on my batch 5.1 and heard nothing and where I work are looking for three EO’s I can’t understand why it’s taking so long

My friend is waiting for Tipp. I've withdrawn I was 7 interdepartmental and 15 open, if that helps anyone. It's silly they made us go all the way to Dublin

Advertisement